• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I'm not sure how it was missed and I hate that this has already gotten three pages on it, but I'm going to merge it with the main Journal Journey. It's sticked right at the top.

Years
  • I'm not sure how it was missed and I hate that this has already gotten three pages on it, but I'm going to merge it with the main Journal Journey. It's sticked right at the top.

Noooooo :L

The sticky one was barely noticeable and no one really replied, that's why I made a separated one. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Noooooo :L

The sticky one was barely noticeable and no one really replied, that's why I made a separated one. :/

The sticky was barely noticeable? It's at the top of the forum. :/ I'm sorry, but that doesn't constitute as barely noticeable. And just because no one is posting in it doesn't mean we need a separate one. Just post in what we already have. As you can see, it generates a domino effect. People start posting in it more when others are posting as well. Stickies also don't follow a revival rule, so if the last post was over a month ago, it can still be posted in because it's a sticky.

Years
  • The sticky was barely noticeable? It's at the top of the forum. :/ I'm sorry, but that doesn't constitute as barely noticeable. And just because no one is posting in it doesn't mean we need a separate one. Just post in what we already have. As you can see, it generates a domino effect. People start posting in it more when others are posting as well. Stickies also don't follow a revival rule, so if the last post was over a month ago, it can still be posted in because it's a sticky.

I dont want to argue, but just to prove my point. Before my thread there was 4 posts in March, 2 in February and 1 in January. So no, a sticky thread doesn't cause a domino effect if someone posts in it. People only posted their teams rather than discussed stuff, so no one really bothered. So that's why I created a special topic. And that's why it got attention:)
    But I get if it's considered unnecessary, just saying that this will probably be deserted again :)
    Pce

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I dont want to argue, but just to prove my point. Before my thread there was 4 posts in March, 2 in February and 1 in January. So no, a sticky thread doesn't cause a domino effect if someone posts in it. People only posted their teams rather than discussed stuff, so no one really bothered. So that's why I created a special topic. And that's why it got attention:)
    But I get if it's considered unnecessary, just saying that this will probably be deserted again :)
    Pce

I never said the fact it was a sticky is what causes a domino effect, but I digress. If you want the journey journal to be more of a discussion, then treat it as such. I'd love for it to take that route, honestly. Who's to say this can't go in that direction? Make it so if you want people to discuss their journeys rather than post their team and go. But either way, this kind of thing didn't need two threads and that's the main point. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. I don't want this thread sitting here on a sour note, cause then no one would post in it lol.

Cheers!

Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Years
  • I never said the fact it was a sticky is what causes a domino effect, but I digress. If you want the journey journal to be more of a discussion, then treat it as such. I'd love for it to take that route, honestly. Who's to say this can't go in that direction? Make it so if you want people to discuss their journeys rather than post their team and go. But either way, this kind of thing didn't need two threads and that's the main point. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. I don't want this thread sitting here on a sour note, cause then no one would post in it lol.

Cheers!

Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Deal, lol. I am sort of done with the game for now so I'll leave the last message I did before.

Scyther level 100, first lvl. 100 on a console ^^

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    My Pokemon are still a bit under-leveled for Koga, so I decided to try Silph Co. first.

Here's a question for you all. What floor order do you do when going in Silph Co.? I usually go straight to 5F, grab the Card Key, go back to 2F, then tackle all the grunts in floor order (all grunts in 2F, then all grunts in 3F, etc.). I usually leave Blue and Giovanni for last.

Years
  • My Pokemon are still a bit under-leveled for Koga, so I decided to try Silph Co. first.

Here's a question for you all. What floor order do you do when going in Silph Co.? I usually go straight to 5F, grab the Card Key, go back to 2F, then tackle all the grunts in floor order (all grunts in 2F, then all grunts in 3F, etc.). I usually leave Blue and Giovanni for last.

I like to do things from start to finish so I just went after everyone without the card, and then again with the card.

Also, if I recall correctly, My Kadabra killed Koga's whole gym, and he wasnt over lreveled, also, Jolteon with Shadow ball is deadly too :D

khaozz

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Isabella (Nidoqueen) simply wrecked Koga and his Gym. She even survived two Psychics from a Lv. 38 Hypno while only being two levels higher. What a boss!

After that, my team steamrolled through the rest of Silph Co. Nikola (Raichu) took down three of Gary's Pokémon, while Eric (Snorlax) took the leftovers. Eric then proceeded to crush Giovanni's Pokémon under his Thick Fat.

Next time on DBZ, I will either kick ass at the Fighting Dojo, or give Sabrina and her fellow Psychics a major headache.

Edit: @ Sven Yeah, Raichu's name is a reference to Nikola Tesla since Thomas Edison is too mainstream. All of my Pokémon's nicknames are either corny puns or references to the things they're based off of.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Isabella (Nidoqueen) simply wrecked Koga and his Gym. She even survived two Psychics from a Lv. 38 Hypno while only being two levels higher. What a boss!

After that, my team steamrolled through the rest of Silph Co. Nikola (Raichu) took down three of Gary's Pokémon, while Eric (Snorlax) took the leftovers. Eric then proceeded to crush Giovanni's Pokémon under his Thick Fat.

Next time on DBZ, I will either kick ass at the Fighting Dojo, or give Sabrina and her fellow Psychics a major headache.

Nice name for a raichu, I assume its a refference to Nikoa Tesla?

Years
  • My Pokemon are still a bit under-leveled for Koga, so I decided to try Silph Co. first.

Me too, becaue I don't want to miss any grunts or items.

khaozz

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    The Fighting Dojo was too easy. Then again, there's no way it wouldn't be easy when you have a slightly overleveled Charizard. After claiming and permaboxing Hitmonlee, the Saffron Gym was next.

I decided to let Eric (Snorlax) solo the Gym. He simply tanked everything like it was nothing and proceeded to demolish all. Everyone were pushovers except for the Channelers. Their ghosts were annoying as hell with Confuse Ray and Destiny Bond spam, but even they were no match for the fat beast. The Marshbadge may have just as well been handed to me at the door.

Next time, water routes, Cinnabar, and Seafoam Islands. I don't think I'll attempt to capture Articuno yet, though. Battling a level 50 legendary with a team of Pokémon at levels 40-44 just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Years
  • Man, my encounter with Flannery was trivial. So, my team consisted of a newly evolved Sceptile and a Lairon not far behind him in level. The rest of my team are available later in the game, so that's all I had. Granted, neither were good match-ups with Fire-type Pokemon, but because they were the only Pokemon on my team up to that point, they were pretty high level, so I thought they could get the job done. After getting destroyed by Torkoal's Overheat at least twenty times and wasting over an hour, I decided to literally catch scapegoats to use as death fodder so Torkoal would eat its berry and use Overheat to kill them off, and get the stats drop so Lairon could clean up after. Thankfully, it worked, and at last, I can move on. n__n;

Odie

Indigo League Champ
    Years
  • Cool thread.

Currently playing Fire Red. I have been in the safari zone since god knows when, trying to find a freaking lucky egg. I have got 16 chanseys, 16 of those pink egg shaped sons of pickles. I'm tempted to start over but I really want that egg. Anyway my current team is:
    Blastoise lvl44
    Growlithe lvl45

That's really it. Most of the Pokemon I want weren't available until now. I will add a snorlax, exxegutor (sp?), and a dragonair. I want the lucky egg mostly for dragonair.

khaozz

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Cool thread.

Currently playing Fire Red. I have been in the safari zone since god knows when, trying to find a freaking lucky egg. I have got 16 chanseys, 16 of those pink egg shaped sons of pickles. I'm tempted to start over but I really want that egg. Anyway my current team is:
    Blastoise lvl44
    Growlithe lvl45

That's really it. Most of the Pokemon I want weren't available until now. I will add a snorlax, exxegutor (sp?), and a dragonair. I want the lucky egg mostly for dragonair.

Oh god. This brings back some bad memories. I spent about a month in the Safari Zone looking for a Lucky Egg as well. I ran into TWO shinies. Both ran away. Although it was agonizing, persistence paid off in the end. I finally got the Lucky Egg.

I really feel bad for Blaine. He can never be a difficult Gym Leader since he is completely countered by what happens to be the only way to reach Cinnabar Island in the first place. Chelsea (Vaporeon) simply crushed the Gym. In fact, the only damage she took from the Gym was from a Vulpix's Quick Attack.

I'm just about to enter Mt. Ember and take out the trainers there (leaving Moltres for later, though) before going into Two Island. I'm still trying to decide whether teaching Blast Burn to Charles is worth it or not.

Years
  • Currently doing a Flying montype run of Pokemon Emerald. I'm up to Wattson, my greatest adversary. I have a level 30 swellow and pelipper, who can just about take out the first 3 of Wattson's Pokemon without fainting, but here's the catch. His final pokemon is Magneton. The only move I have which does any decent amount of damage to it is water gun. Pelipper ha s a 4x weakness to all his electric attacks. Current situation: D:

Cornflowerblues

Waterdancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Happily surfing route 107 in Sapphire like a boss, just ran into the sleepy dude who keeps snoozing off on the middle of the ocean. ;)

Finally obtained HM03, so the fun finally begins.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back