• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hoenn more plausible to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    But... if it was true, it would be cool!

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    As if sales would decrease if Hoenn is added...
    I like the idea of having also Hoenn there.
    I choose Kanto instead of Hoenn because of it was the original region in there so. Anyway, if they add all of them, nice.

GameplayerHGSS

Back to Johto in HeartGold...!
    Years
  • Playasia knows the future!!

Go to Playasia and look up Pokemon Heart Gold and it'll say in the description dat you'll have the chance to catch one of Hoenn's "Titans" and that there r 2 new characters in Hoenn, one is a gym leader who uses dark types.... just go there you'll see !!!

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Go to Playasia and look up Pokemon Heart Gold and it'll say in the description dat you'll have the chance to catch one of Hoenn's "Titans" and that there r 2 new characters in Hoenn, one is a gym leader who uses dark types.... just go there you'll see !!!

Hoenn more plausible to happen?

It has been confirmed that everyone can edit that description.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    As if sales would decrease if Hoenn is added...
    I like the idea of having also Hoenn there.
    I choose Kanto instead of Hoenn because of it was the original region in there so. Anyway, if they add all of them, nice.

No one said sales on HGSS would decrease if Hoenn was added to HGSS. Basically, from a business standpoint, saving Hoenn to remake for a future game makes more sense, as it would boost the sales of that game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    LMAO!!! !HAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!

I'd give you more rep but I have to wait 24 hours to do so. I don't think this rumor is true. Why must they ruin this beautiful game with Hoenn? Why? Nintendo? Why? What is your thought process?!!! Seriously! jk jk I <3 Nintendo & Pokemon.

(I don't like Hoenn, and I don't want it in this game.) Just Kanto and Johto like old times.

Okay I know I've replied to about 438957934 of your posts lately saying I agree, but I REALLY agree with you here!!! Please no Hoenn XD

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I liked the areas in Hoenn, to be honest, but it was enough.

On another note, I don't get why everyone's all "Kyo and 'don are in the game, so Hoenn must be too!"
    You could just have some sort of cameo-type thing like they did on Ranger, or like this game with Arceus, or Emerald with Mew (and Ho-Oh and Lugia), or Platinum with the 3 birds, etc.
    Not hard, general public. ;)

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    No one said sales on HGSS would decrease if Hoenn was added to HGSS. Basically, from a business standpoint, saving Hoenn to remake for a future game makes more sense, as it would boost the sales of that game.
    Making an only Hoenn remake would yes decrease sales (I meant sellings, anyway not good with this kind of vocabulary). What I said was an expression, I know anyone literally said that sales would decrease.

From what I've seen, many people hate Hoenn, so they wouldn't have profit on having a 3rd gen remake. Why not including in the Gold/Silver remake?
    Mostly, the ones who like Hoenn, have never played Gold/Silver (they played Gen1 games through remakes).
    So I think those are great reasons to put in there Hoenn, although I'm not thinking this is gonna happen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    On another note, I don't get why everyone's all "Kyo and 'don are in the game, so Hoenn must be too!"
    You could just have some sort of cameo-type thing like they did on Ranger, or like this game with Arceus, or Emerald with Mew (and Ho-Oh and Lugia), or Platinum with the 3 birds, etc.
    Not hard, general public. ;)
    Another point that I agree with. They had the legendary dogs in FRLG, they could easily do the same again with a cameo appearance of Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Groudon in either the Johto or Kanto regions in HGSS. This seems SO much more likely than the addition of Hoenn.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Well, it would be cool if Hoenn is in this game cause the events would be different from the one in Ruby and Sapphire. Because GSC and DP happened almost at the same time. So, different story line.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Making an only Hoenn remake would yes decrease sales (I meant sellings, anyway not good with this kind of vocabulary). What I said was an expression, I know anyone literally said that sales would decrease.

From what I've seen, many people hate Hoenn, so they wouldn't have profit on having a 3rd gen remake. Why not including in the Gold/Silver remake?
    Mostly, the ones who like Hoenn, have never played Gold/Silver (they played Gen1 games through remakes).
    So I think those are great reasons to put in there Hoenn, although I'm not thinking this is gonna happen.

Even though a Hoenn-only remake would be far in the future, they would most certainly make a profit. Ruby and Sapphire were the top-selling games on Game Boy Advance with 13 million sales. Add on 6 million sales from Emerald, and those 19 million sales are approximately equal to the total sales of Gold Silver Crystal (also ~19 million).

So Nintendo/GF absolutely does not have to worry about a Hoenn remake not selling :)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Wait, is this officially confirmed? I kinda hope its not in the games.... it'd be too much

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Wait, is this officially confirmed? I kinda hope its not in the games.... it'd be too much
    Definitely not officially confirmed, so no worries. I hope it's not in HGSS either -- I agree, it'd be too much.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Ok good! waayyyyy toooo muucchhhh....

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • yes. just look at D/P if that wasn't crushing, what is?
    D/P wasn't crushing! And if hoenn can also be in HGSS then its no problem. It will be very good in fact. Do you think that all of these three regions with their full potential can be put in a game that has a max of 256 mb limit? I am not too sure about the space that will be taken if all the three regions will be there.HGSS has already used a lot of space for the (fantastic!) new features. So I think as far as space goes hoenn won't be in.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • As much as I like Hoenn (my third-favorite behind #1 Johto and #2 Kanto), it being put into HG/SS seems like it won't happen. Not only are Johto and Kanto involved, as well as the Battle Tower and whatever new areas are in that cloudy part of Route 40 and to the northwest of Cianwood in the Sugimori Johto map, but having Hoenn would take up a lot of space, wouldn't it? Assuming Kanto's getting the full deal this time around compared to GSC!Kanto, of course. Or, if it really is in, maybe the battle between Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza left most of Hoenn underwater or in a desert?

Either way, until there's confirmation about this, I'm not getting hopes up. It'd be cool to have Hoenn in these games, but seeing as how they're GSC remakes (with the new area additions here and there), Hoenn would be Cool Yet Unnecessary.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • We asked for a G/S/C remake with Kanto & Johto region and i feel that that is exactly what we will get in this sense. I don't feel that there will be Hoenn. I'm echoing my own post but i think we're getting plenty as it is! As well as the remake we have been asking for for years! We're also getting a new area (which i think will be where mewtwo will be. If you've seen the movie mewtwo returns then you may have noticed the extra part of johto where mewtwo was living) We're getting Kyogre,Groudon,Rayquaza,Jirachi & NE pichu! As well as the arceus event and The choice of the 3 dragons. I feel we are getting enough to fill the full rom. Not to mention the added pokemon folowing you.

FR/LG had plenty of extra post-game areas/events, and the rom size wasn't that impressive.
    Anime is non-canon to video games btw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back