• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hoenn more plausible to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im hoping for a little taste of Hoenn but not if it will distract attention from Kanto.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • FR/LG had plenty of extra post-game areas/events, and the rom size wasn't that impressive.

The rom size wasn't impressive as it was a GBA rom and there is a lot of difference in GBA roms and NDS roms. On topic: Hoenn will be cool but only if it doesn't affect the kanto and jhoto parts very badly. As I have already said hoenn is very unlikely to be in but just lets see what happens next. Maybe Nintendo and Gamefreak may surprise us big time!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well this month's CoroCoro will reveal the secret of the weather trio that is a given but what is it is the question. So yeah its Hoenn or something else.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • The rom size wasn't impressive as it was a GBA rom and there is a lot of difference in GBA roms and NDS roms. On topic: Hoenn will be cool but only if it doesn't affect the kanto and jhoto parts very badly. As I have already said hoenn is very unlikely to be in but just lets see what happens next. Maybe Nintendo and Gamefreak may surprise us big time!

I meant compared to other GBA roms, it wasn't that impressive. -_-
    I also hope you realize that the maximum size of GBA and DS roms are the same.

derozio

Years
  • I also hope you realize that the maximum size of GBA and DS roms are the same.

I am sorry for that. I didn't knew that fact. I always thought that the maximum size of a GBA rom is 32 mb and the maximum for NDS roms is 256 mb. Can you please tell me where you got that piece of information?(Just asking. I am seriously not trying to be rude or something!)

Ging

Fiendishly Observant.
    Years
  • No Hoenn? Pleh. Consider the storage space used for the DS game cards (2 GBS), the SDHC (32 GBS) and not to mention, the fact that Game Freak has their special way of always adding more fun to their latest games.

Hoenn should be in this game.

Also, take notice of Kanto obviously being in there. This could render the GBA migration process useless.

DS-i anyone?

derozio

Years
  • Okay so now its proved that HGSS can contain Hoenn but it ultimately depends on Gamefreak and Nintendo to put it in.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • I am sorry for that. I didn't knew that fact. I always thought that the maximum size of a GBA rom is 32 mb and the maximum for NDS roms is 256 mb. Can you please tell me where you got that piece of information?(Just asking. I am seriously not trying to be rude or something!)

A 32mb GBA game automatically expands to 256mb when written on to a GBA flash cart.
    You see it as 32 mb on the computer though. Well, that's what happened for me...I could be wrong...

No Hoenn? Pleh. Consider the storage space used for the DS game cards (2 GBS), the SDHC (32 GBS) and not to mention, the fact that Game Freak has their special way of always adding more fun to their latest games.

Hoenn should be in this game.

Also, take notice of Kanto obviously being in there. This could render the GBA migration process useless.

DS-i anyone?

*facepalm*
    DS Flash carts use MicroSD cards for memory storage. Does it look like normal game catridges would allow you to freely put in MicroSD cards?! -_-
    and if you're talking about DSi storage, how will they even distribute the game...?

Ging

Fiendishly Observant.
    Years
  • True... I was mistaken. :3 I could always go with the excuse that it's super late here!

>>

Anyway, you never know what they could do. I'm just hoping for Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2016
    Myoko-chan as far as i can tell your referring to the archive size which is the expanded size of the rom. As for 254mb being the maximum for this you are WAY off i just had a very quick look and found one that is 2024mb Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito. So there is no question of whether or not they can put it in but more will they put it in.

I'm still undecided on this one as i didn't like hoenn because well it bored me to no end, almost all the pokemon added are bad excluding the pseudo-legendarys, swampert and breloom which i think are the only ones who see any competitive play anymore.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Myoko-chan as far as i can tell your referring to the archive size which is the expanded size of the rom. As for 254mb being the maximum for this you are WAY off i just had a very quick look and found one that is 2024mb Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito. So there is no question of whether or not they can put it in but more will they put it in.

I'm still undecided on this one as i didn't like hoenn because well it bored me to no end, almost all the pokemon added are bad excluding the pseudo-legendarys, swampert and breloom which i think are the only ones who see any competitive play anymore.

*facepalm*
    Dragon Quest IX isn't even released yet.
    (According to Kotaku, the "leaked" rom is malware and automatically bricks your DS.)

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    A Hoenn remake might happen but nowhere near now, i thnik they will release a hoenn remake after introducing the 5th generation pokemon in a series of games like the 4th generation was introduced in DPPt, and then the fans would have missed hoenn, and it should be an aniversery thnig of some sort like wat happened on HG/SS. As well, since R/S/E are still compatible with the current ds games, then theres really no need if the sole purpose is to get the hoenn pokemon into newer (or older) generations, although many signs of moving away from depending on GBA games has been shown through the DS games with the events and cameo pokemon and the R/S/E legends are now possible to obtain via event, so it seems nintendo is moving away from depending of previous games for completing the pokedex. so a remake including the Hoenn region, if it were to happen, will appear after games introducing the 5th generation have been released.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    I really hope for a full universal game. Just think, all four regions in one game. Maybe even the possibility of four different championships to win. I believe the games should be longer than a 10 to 30 minute run though (Which is about my average time from starter to beating E4 and Champion), so we actually get our moneys worth from a good storyline and good game play.

And if you disagree with me, remember, Im stating my opinion.

derozio

Years
  • *headdesk*

Game size does not expand; what you seem to be mixing up is Megabits (Mb) and Mebibytes (MiB, or erroneously, MB).

The theoretical maximum size of a GBA game is 256 Megabits - 32 MiB. The Game Boy Advance development kits are designed to work around this limit as the programming pointer system can only address 256 Mb. On the other hand, the theoretical maximum size of a DS game is much much higher than 32 MiB. We've seen 256 MiB games, so if that's all we'll ever see, the maximum would probably be 2048 Megabits.

Getting back on topic, the hurdle with including Johto would be development issues, costs or time. It should be said that FireRed and LeafGreen use about 5-6 MIB of the 16 MiB available in its game cartridge - a ROM hacker could tell you that much more could be stuffed in. Platinum didn't use all of its available space, either.

That solved a lot of confusion! So you mean to say that a lot of additions can be made to the HGSS if all of the space of the NDS cartridge is used?

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I am doubtful, yet I am also hopeful.

This would mean that DIVE would have to make a comeback.
    (Assuming this information is correct)

derozio

Years
  • The more I think about it, the more I get doubtful on hoenn being in HG/SS. According to me: there have been only two remakes: FR/LG and HG/SS. They both are from 3rd and 4th gen respectively. FR/LG were remakes of the first Red/Green. They introduced some new features and some side-quests. Even sevii islands were added to make it a little longer. So as FR/LG didn't changed anything from the originals but only added new graphics, sound, some side quests and a little bit longer gameplay I think that even HG/SS will also do the same. HG/SS will have a revamped jhoto and kanto + Graphic and sound improvement + a little bit longer gameplay and some side quests. Thus I am assuming that hoenn won't be in from now on. I think that hoenn will be there maybe for 5th gen. I know that NDS cartridge has enough space for hoenn but its unlikely that it will be in.

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
    Years
  • I don't think that Hoenn will be in the game.
    I still remember Silver. When I came to Kanto my Pokemon were very strong. After beating all 8 Kanto Gym Leaders my Pokemon were unbetable! They were at very high levels!
    And if Hoenn is in HG/SS then the Pokemon in the Hoenn Gyms would be at Lvl 100 o_0
    And the Pokemon League in Hoenn? Which Level will the Pokemon have? Higher than 100??? :D

The reason why there are 2 regions in G/S/C is that Jotho doesn't have a Pokemon League. But Hoenn has one! So it won't be in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back