• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen hoenns lack of water pokemon (and some land)

Status
Not open for further replies.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • here you can discuss improvements that could be made to hoens oceans.

in the game i was exited up untill the ocean, all you can find above water is tentacool, wingull an the occasional peliper.

underwater theres clamperl and chinchou

by fishing... i dont remember but i dont think much was there besides the obvious magicarp.

near evergrande you can find luvdisc and wailmer near pacifidlog. staru can be found near lilycove if i remember corectly.

=============================

some ideas i have are to add lapras and tentacool above water for the older generation pokemon

and for newer generation mantine and its new unevolved form with shellos and gastrodon or w/e its called.

========= land ideas =============

clefairy should be available in meteor falls obviously because they love meteors.

at some point onyx would be a nice addition in one of the caves like fiery path or something

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've only caught a Feebas once and it took hours. I agree with the lack of land tho.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I agree, for such a tropical, water-dominated region, there need to be more Water-types in Hoenn (not that there need to be more Water-types in general, lol, just a more diverse population). There's Relicanth underwater, by the way... Very small encounter rate, though.

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    I thought Hoenn's fiery path was just messed up. Hello, FIERY path? There shouldn't be any other pokemon but fire types and maybe rock types.

Those areas around Fortree city where it rains nonstop... you'd think that non-stop rain would bring a good number of water type pokemon there. But noooooo.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • True. >.> Only a few water pokemons are there for Hoenn.

My experience on those "hard-to-get" Pokemons :
    Feebas.. >.> I caught ONLY one after 2 hours of fishing with those 3 rods and lucky enough to evolve it into a Milotic after 2 weeks with frequent playing. Relicanth- dunno but I got lucky when I was searching for this. Around 10-15 minutes of underwater searching.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • The reason i was specificly talking about the ocean is because it literatly covers half the map.

its a shame to travel all that water only running into a wingull or tentacool every 7 tiles would it hurt to put some of those water pokemon only found in the inlands in the ocean?

but when they do make the rse remake they will have more option because there are 2 generations ahead of it at the moment.

edit: im suprised this is still alive, i want camping for a week lol.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Hopefully, they'll add more Water-type Pokemons in the remake. Hoenn needs more Mantine, to be honest.

You also left out Spheal and its evolutionary line. I don't think Poliwag was available either in Hoenn, what a shame.

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
  • I think the Pokemon that appears are okay. The only exasperating thing was that the ocean is too vast and the currents around Pacifidlog Town were slightly annoying and too much of the game depended on Surfing around, especially after getting Surf.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • I have to agree with you guys. When I'm lost traveling the vast ocean, trying to get to Sootopolis, I wanna at least find some decent Pokemon.

Years
  • It's kind of funny that Hoenn lacks a variety of water Pokemon, with its abundance of water. If there's a remake they should change the regional dex to 225 and spend about 15 of those extras on water Pokemon from other regions.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • i have to be honest here, but Hoenn oceans are perfect, compared to other games you can get so man pokemon! if you look at my boxes in all my games besides emerald, they all look pretty much empty (i class my PC boxes into types) but in my Emerald, i needed to use 2 boxes just for water types! and both were almost full! you can catch relicanth underwater as well. but there are so many pokemon available in the oceans, and not enough in the land.

if you can't find water pokemon - LOOK HARDER! fishing finds heaps of water types. dive, that always brings up Clampearl, which has a split evo (get 2 of them) relicanth and Chinchou underwater as well, there is so many! i can't see what your problem is!

Blackpaw Stormfeather

Hatsuharu's Sister ♥
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I don't have any complaints about the ocean. If anything, I complain about the fire types. There need to be more. Unless you pick Torchic as your starter, in terms of fire types, you're basically screwed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back