• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Homework Help! Reply ASAP!

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
Years
  • I know this sounds ridiculous but I need help on my homework. I need information about the International Dateline and a question.

How come when Miss T left Figi at 7:30AM in monday she arrived at hawaii at 5:30 AM on Monday Again? So there. reply ASAP

Lanceiscool

Not crazy, just unwell...
    Years
  • The International date line is an imaginary line that goes from the north pole through the atlantic into the south pole. If you cross it going west monday, it becomes Tuesday. Alternately, if you cross it going east monday, it becomes Sunday. The reason "Miss T" can leave Fiji (WEST of the IDL) on one day and land in Hawaii (EAST of the IDL) earlier that same day is because the second she crossed the IDL, she went back 1 day.

Hope that helps, I am a genius.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Lanceiscool said:
    The International date line is an imaginary line that goes from the north pole through the atlantic into the south pole. If you cross it going west monday, it becomes Tuesday. Alternately, if you cross it going east monday, it becomes Sunday. The reason "Miss T" can leave Fiji (WEST of the IDL) on one day and land in Hawaii (EAST of the IDL) earlier that same day is because the second she crossed the IDL, she went back 1 day.

Hope that helps, I am a genius.
    that is exactly true...except that the International Date line is in the Pacific not Atlantic ocean...that's kinda important...

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • True...and jet lag would make the hours go either ahead or behind...(I'm not sure in this case, I'm lazy :))

I think Cool Lance summed it up good

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Okay see that was just plain spam...

Ya but the dateline thing is what you have to think about becuse it can tapper off into diffrent variations of itself...

Jari

Kyogredude
    Years
  • Its no spam,its the answer.Ive heard this somewhere else.Why is it spam?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    She rides on a horse named Monday

That was irrelevent to the topic question and you knew it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    It wasn't a riddle. He cleary stated that it was a question about the International Dateline and it was HOMEWORK. Why would a teacher give out homework on riddles???

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    maybe it's a cool teacher, give Jari89 a break... gee. i think it's sounds like a good answer, even if nobody else does. *backed up 100%*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • By pure coincidence, there is a riddle just like this. So don't blame the poor guy who mistaken this to be a riddle ^_^; I've heard of the monday riddle too. However, what sets the riddle apart from this is the location. Figi is in Malaysia, while Hawaii... we all know where. So you can "go back in time" using the international dateline in the pacific.

Years
  • I heard that riddle before too! It's not spammy... Heh, I can't help you with it either... my math is so ^^P... Thumbs down.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    ya....but this problem has little to do with math....that's like saying breathing has little to do with air...

Lanceiscool

Not crazy, just unwell...
    Years
  • tmbjr said:
    that is exactly true...except that the International Date line is in the Pacific not Atlantic ocean...that's kinda important...

Oops. Well, tmbjr is right there... :embarrass :embarrass . Um...Fiji is over an ocean from Hawaii. Jari89 obviously was thinking too laterally.

Back