• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Honestly

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
    I usually end up battling nearly everyone I come across out of sheer traveling, just because I forget who I have and haven't battled, I'll stumble across another unfinished one sooner or later.

Blasted trainers and their silly rotating in one place, making me play Metal Gear Pokemon and try to slip past them.

Years
    Yes, of course! I love battling, and it's good for training and money.
    Though, if my Pokemon are weak, I try to avoid them. xP
    But I always come back later for any I've missed. >3

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Of course I defeat them all - the more fighting experience my Pokemon get, the stronger they become. After playing the games so long, I know every single trainer very well and locate them all even in cages or while surfing. I usually take a lot of potions whit me, so I don´t have to run back to the Pokecenter often 8only to fill up the attacks).

But sometimes, when I know I´m going to add a weak-leveled Pokemon to my team, I avoid all trainers on my way till I get that Pokemon - then I come back to them to train the weak Pokemon while fighting against them. ^^

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Yeah...

I leave no trainer unbattled...

But i skip them sometimes.

Nevertheless, I come back so that my other Pokemon earns experience!

Heia Bro! :)

P.S. = Haha

Zacch2

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I have never. Never in Pokémon games have i fought trainers. I use cheats and get wild Pokémon that are levels above mine, but weak to my type. Like if i had my Lvl. 99 or 98 Entei, i would put cheats for a Lvl. 100 Sceptile or other Grass-type to fight against.

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    It all depends. If I am in a rush, like chaining a shiny or getting a legend or going to a Gym or something, no, I'll probably skip the trainers. Otherwise, yes, I try to fight them all.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Yup. Except, maybe, in foggy caves (too much trouble, with moves missing every which way), and in the water (because we all know a Tentacool/Tenatacruel can be just as annoying as Zubat/Golbat).

More battling = more experience and money = easy game

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I skip them all and train when i need to urgently

Gold95

Am I really...? Gold?
    Years
    I have never. Never in Pokémon games have i fought trainers. I use cheats and get wild Pokémon that are levels above mine, but weak to my type. Like if i had my Lvl. 99 or 98 Entei, i would put cheats for a Lvl. 100 Sceptile or other Grass-type to fight against.

You're a CHEATER!!!!! CHEATING TO GET POKéMON AT LEVEL 100!
    I have never used cheats ^_^

Years
    Sometimes I battle them, but mostly for training. So yeah, I battle most of the trainers in the game.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    You're a CHEATER!!!!! CHEATING TO GET POKéMON AT LEVEL 100!
    I have never used cheats ^_^

That wasn't necessary if he cheats its ok at least he isnt using all rare candy. Cheating is aloud in-game if not then there wouldnt be any cheats, right?

anyways, i usually battle everyone depending on my first pokemon i choose.
    fire-stay away from water trainers even if i have something to beat them idky
    water-everybaody no matter who it is
    grass-hardly anybody mostly wild pokemon

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I will literally make sure there is no trainers on that route just to train my pokemon and to make sure i never see them again

ArmedDragoon

Psyduck Trainer
    Years
    I not only hunt down and battle every trainer within sight, I abuse the VS. Seeker when I run out and battle them again. Not so much for the EXP as for the massive money with Amulet Coin. Hahahahaha, surrender your valuables!

Years
    Yeah, I've always battled every trainer since the R/B/Y days. I don't like experience points going to waste since trainers always give more experience than wild Pokemon.

I fell in love when they added the Vs. Seeker in FR/LG because it is far more convenient to get a rematch than the Pokegear or the Match Call from R/S/E.

Back