• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Honestly

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    I battle every-one in the gyms, caves I avoid trainers in case I get knocked out. Unless it is Victory Road, where I use my main pokemons and get them leveled up with another low level pokemon has exp.share.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I try to beat them all until the last 2 gyms, when they start getting more dispersed around water and mountains and I only care about beating the bad guys and finishing the plot XD

I come back for them once I have beaten the league.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    I battle them all in the Gyms and everyone I can find in caves....Unless I'm in need of a heal...then I avoid them and come back later...(Or if I'm in a hurry...)

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I battle every trainer I see ingame. The gyms, surfing, etc. Sometimes I miss policemen or joggers because I play a section at night or day, but other than that, exp is good. Also I don't battle right away if I have low health but will go back eventually and get them in the end. :P

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Yes.

I figure, the best way to train Pokemon- is to battle every trainer I see. Even if I know the trainer has Pokemon that will be hard for me to defeat. Even better, actually.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Yes for the first time I play, But when I restart I just try to avoid them, it gets boring and takes to long, xD.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I always battle everyone I see, from the darkest caves to those trainers in the gyms. I don't find that it takes too much effort (especially with Repels), and it's free experience + money in most cases!

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I usually try to beat all the trainers in the game for the caves and gym, but I never really go to the tower. I'm too lazy. xD

Crissy xX

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I battle all the trainers but if I am in a rush to go some where or while im surfing I avoid trainers.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Yes, I do. I want the maximum amount of experience points possible before I challenge the next gym leader.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Meh, sometimes. I battle about... 80% of the trainers? Maybe 85%? Usually I'll battle them, but occasionally I want to get on with the plot so just skip them, then sometimes come back later to battle them and sometimes just don't bother. (And so on occasion, after I beat the game, I'll be zooming along with my level 50+ team and suddenly be stopped to battle by some cocky kid that I missed, with three level 12 Pokémon.) I'm more likely to skip trainers when I know the approximate level of the next gym leader's Pokémon and know that my team's several levels above that.

There are a couple of exceptions to this: I always battle every member of Team Whatever and I always battle every trainer in a gym, even if I don't have to.

Years
    I battle everyone, no matter how many trips to the poke'center it takes. Battling the trainers is the easiest way to get exp.

Back