• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Honey tree pokemon

Years
  • I really want a munchlax, honey tree is how you get it right?

When I first knew about honey trees, I bought loads I put one on a tree by the house. Didn't leave it long. Was a Wurmple. But second time same tree straight after. I used all the honey I could afford and put it all on one tree. Don't know how long I left it but it was a Munchlax.
    And if you can't remember what tree, put a marker on your map to remind you where it is. That's what I do. Then if I see a marker I know I have put honey somewhere :)

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Nice. My very first honey pokemon was also a Heracross. Level 15. Is it rare to get a heracross?

By the way, what does SR mean?

I really dont know, but by the other posts it seems like Heracross is rare.

SR means Soft Reset.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2013
    i hate the whole honey tree the thing the only thing i get are aipoms

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The odds are higher breeding for a shiny Aipom than those of honey trees

Years
  • I have found that there are certain trees that you can only find wurples in. and then there are others that have other things in it such as burmys, and combees. what trees are you all useing to get the Aipom and munchlax

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • I despise the honey trees. I've been searching for a Munchlax on and off for over a year now. I've slathered trees over 500 times, and no luck getting a Munchlax. I've caught all the rest, and yes, Aipom and Heracross are fairly rare ones. On my next vacation from work, I plan on doing round-the-clock slathering of honey trees. I estimate it will take about 2 hours to travel to every tree and search/slather and travel to the next as there are about 20 in the game, with some in hard to reach places. Repeat 3 to 4 times a day every day. That's about 60 trees per day for 5 days. If Munchlax truly has a 1% appearance rate, I should find one. (I better already!!)

Event_collectorx

Omnitrix hero deoxys
    Years
  • YEAH!

YES! I was slathering some honey on like 7 trees and checked them daily for 3 or four days. I finally found a munchlax! Then I decided I wanted it to be shiny, so I SRed for about 2 hours and finally found a shiny one. I was watching TV while I was SRing, so it was easy for me.I also SRed for shiny heracross, aipom and female combee. I personally hate waiting, but honey trees are just something to do. The funny thing is, I was playing golf with my dad, when I found my shiny aipom/heracross (cant remember which). I was sitting in the golf cart waiting for the group in front of us to finish, so I decided to check my honey trees.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2008
    I've encountered every honey tree pokemon other then munchlax.
    I used to like the honey tree it but it got boring.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I've only ever slathered two trees with honey and i only put one slathering on each, first i got an Aipom then a female Combee. =D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I decided to try this again and I a shiny Combee but it was male so I didnt catch it. I should have just kept it for my brother because he likes anything shiny but I only keep them if they are good natured.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • On my first tyr, I got a Male Combee, I wanna have a female Combee! The only pokemon I manage to catch there was an Aipom, wait a minute, whenever I slathered honey on a tree, only Male combees appeared! Also, I transfered the ambipom I eveolved from Emerald. I have no luck on Honey Trees. DD:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • On my first tyr, I got a Male Combee, I wanna have a female Combee! The only pokemon I manage to catch there was an Aipom, wait a minute, whenever I slathered honey on a tree, only Male combees appeared! Also, I transfered the ambipom I eveolved from Emerald. I have no luck on Honey Trees. DD:

You know, you CAN soft reset until you get a female Combee. That's what i did... i went through about 7 male Combee's before getting a female, which i accidentally killed... but 5 male Combee's later i found another female, which is now a happy Vespiquen. =D

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • MY FIRST TRY WAS AN AIPOM AND BURMY AND THE REST OF THEM IS WURMPLE, CHERUBI, CASCOON AND SILCOON BUT NEVER HAD MUNCHLAX AND HERACROSS BUT I ONLY GOT THEM FROM FIRERED AND HOW DO YOU DO THE SOFT RESET?

Back