• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoodlumscrafty and Verlisify

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    As most of you know is that Hoodlumscrafty and Verlisify are big poketubers. Now they are fighting for whatever reason. This video is proof:

In this video, you see Hoodlumscrafty making fun of Verlisify. In the comment section you see that he says that he laughed along with some swear words. Other Pokémon youtubers like Sacred and AcetrainerLiam commented too. What are your thoughts on this? I personally find this very childish of both of them. I unsubbed them both for a while, until all of this is cleared up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Verlisify is making very useful guide. He makes it for every pokemon not because he is a pet or a nerd, it is because someone may like that pokemon and look it up. He is contributing to the pokemon community.

His "joke" is going too far.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I hate when two youtubers fight. Sometimes one deserves it, like if they stole something, and made it really obvious, but versilify doesn't deserve this.

Years
    I watched some of Verlisify's battles and analysis videos (as well as his Sun & Moon coverage) and I watched some of HoodlumScrafty's videos too so seeing the two have a rivalry is just a bitter taste for my mouth here. I hate it when YouTubers are caught in rivalries like this.

User Anon 1848

Eh youtube drama. I understand why he rubs some people the wrong way but I LOVE how he rails against Smogon as well as the rampant hacking/rng abuse/cheating that plagues the Pokemon community. The main issue is that he often expresses himself in a manner that comes across as high strung. That doesn't invalidate his points but it is enough for a lot of people to dismiss him without actually listening to his points. As he's pointed out in his recent videos a lot of people have been thumbing them down before enough time had even passed from the moment he uploaded them for anyone to watch the video.

Another issue is that a lot of cheaters don't like to be called out on their cheating. They act like they're the only people who have other priorities and difficulty with time management. They don't like to hear about the unfair advantages they have over people who don't cut corners. Even if Verlisify expressed himself in a nicer way he'd still be resented by a lot of the same people who hate on him now. I know this because I've been on my soapbox about cheating in the Pokemon community for years now and have received similar comments despite not being nearly as inflammatory.

Just in case it wasn't obvious when I say "Pokemon community" I'm not just referring to this specific forum lol.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    It is impossible to get along with everyone. There's always going to be someone out there who doesn't like you for whatever arbitrary reason (physical looks, mentality, perspective, beliefs, habits, speaking tone, whatever). Me? I personally don't like Verlisifly for several reasons. I find him incredibly immature and absolutely terrible at maintaining good PR due to his "high horse" nature (easiest way to just keep digging holes for your online persona). I don't particularly like the quality of his content either nor his strategies in content creation. But that's just me; he has his share of fans and good for him.

HoodlumScrafty is in a very similar boat, but in the few videos I've watched, it seems like he embraces his immaturity and deliberately uses it as a platform for entertainment (IIRC he's still a teenager so I'll let it slide). Either way, all I see is two kids with a lot of extra free time who don't have much experience in PR and likely believe the "any publicity is good publicity" mantra, have the need to entertain their fans (again, good for them), and are comfortable with stirring up a pot full of crap in order to do so. Or they can be uncomfortable behind the scenes, but whatever, it's not my business.

IRL pro tip: there is no use paying attention to drama because all that's going to do is add unnecessary stress. If I smell any inkling of drama, I shrug and resume my business elsewhere. A stress-free life is a much happier life.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Wait, why are they fighting about in the first place? Over just one winning over another in a wifi battle? Sorry, I don't want to have to watch through the video Hoodlum posted, makes me uncomfortable :/

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Wait, why are they fighting about in the first place? Over just one winning over another in a wifi battle? Sorry, I don't want to have to watch through the video Hoodlum posted, makes me uncomfortable :/
    In my brief research (after I made my post, I was curious so I looked into it a little), basically it can be more or less summarized like this:

1. Verlisify is 100% anti-cheat, anti-hacks no matter what. Tends to give off a "my opinion > your opinion," "I am greater than thou" vibe.

2. HoodlumScrafty has a few friends who use software to quickly generate their own Pokémon to use in free-for-all formats between each other. He also makes a "I don't hack" satirical video.

3. Verlisify supposedly does a "non-hacked" version of a FFA as a call-out to one of HoodlumScrafty's friends and that doesn't bode well.

4. HoodlumScrafty retaliates in defense with his crude parody video.

There you go.

IMO if you're hacking/genning Pokémon to use in isolation with your own game and/or amongst friends for entertainment purposes, fine. It only starts getting tricky when you distribute them or use them in sanctioned tournaments that directly affect other people.

This is just making mountains out of molehills.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    In my brief research (after I made my post, I was curious so I looked into it a little), basically it can be more or less summarized like this:

I have posted what happened, and it is clearly what happened, we kinda dont really need your research tbh.

1. Verlisify is 100% anti-cheat, anti-hacks no matter what. Tends to give off a "my opinion > your opinion," "I am greater than thou" vibe.

He didnt, his opinion is fair (to me) and that's your opinion.

Back