• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Hopeless Trainer Editor

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 7, 2022

The Hopeless Trainer Editor

Hello! I'm just going to keep this nice and short: after being disappointed by existing trainer editors, I made my own. I've tested it myself, and I have yet to encounter any problems both in-game and with the tool.

Features

• Edit trainers and their Pokémon
    • Import/export
    • Repoints only when it needs to
    • Should work with all non-Japanese games, .ini only contains info for English games
    • Simple trainer randomizer
    • Manually change party offset

Screens

A screenshot of the main interface.
    Spoiler:

Downloads

v1.0: Available on github.
    The program was designed for .NET Framework 4.6.1. If you do not have an updated version it WILL NOT WORK due to incompatibility with older versions of the framework.

This looks amazing! My apologies, but I've downloaded and extracted it, but I don't see how exactly to open it? Is there a special program needed? Thanks much!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    The repository is archived because I'm not working on this atm. You can still download the program just fine.

Akiak

dreamin'
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    Is there any kind of explanation anywhere for what the different AI levels mean? I see 1, 7, 15 23... what's the deal?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    Could someone make a .ini file for other languages like french, german and spanish?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    How does this work? Do we make a new trainer from scratch then assign their position or whatever or we just change the existing trainers?

Years
    • Age 47
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Hi there, where do I put the roms? When I put them in the ROMS folder, it crashes every time I open a rom.

Years
    • Age 47
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Hi there! I would really like to use your program, but what are the steps I need to do? I am a mac user using wine.

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it
    Years
  • I have a doubt, How to change sprite of Giovanni/Brock to a custom one

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 3, 2020
    i tried using this but i got an error saying "index was outside the bounds of the array"

no idea what that means

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 6, 2022
    Thank you for the very useful tool to the community! How easy would it be to make HTE export in a json format?

Back