• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hoping they bring back the Pokemon follow feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnabout

bonk!
Years
  • I desperately wish they would, but it's pretty clear by now that it's not a part of B/W, but ahhhhhh!
    That has got to be my fav feature of HGSS, it really brought you closer to your pokemon.

I guess it's (probably) missing so as to make space for other features. I'm not really sure how memory on ds games work, but it's probably something like that.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • They probelly wont. i didnt even like it that muich :P
    you cant except a feature you like to be in everygame or the one after that.
    oh well, just pick up HG or SS
    and there you go =]

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I honestly don't understand why they wouldn't put it in. I think it was one of the spiffiest features in HGSS, and it was one of the most oft-requested by fans. It went down really well, too! The only hope left is that you can turn it off / put your Pokemon back in its PokeBall (which would be a good feature as well) and they've had it turned off just to tease us. :3 But I don't really believe that. Just a hope.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Probably because they don't want the spriters to do now all the sprites and sprite animations for the new pokemons, focusing on other major things.
    Maybe in the next edition of black and white(gray? xD) we will see them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I know we do have a Follow Me feature last posted in one month ago from today (or tomorrow depending on your timezone), but I don't want to be too picky, so I'm going to allow this. As for the discussion in general, it is not confirmed that the feature is gone - so we can only judge what our eyes see, which means, posts saying "This feature is gone I saw in the screenshots!" are pointless, because there is still a slight chance of there still being the feature; it may just be optional. So until we get official confirmation, don't go saying it won't happen.

I really hope it does come back though, because it just made the games so much more personal.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Eh, I'm not a fan. It felt very nice when I had a Steelix or something behind me and I was in a Pokémon Center, to be able to walk around without another thing to control dangling along behind. Besides, it caused some pretty unpleasant graphical mess-ups when you had a larger Pokémon (Ho-oh being the case in point) going around behind you; parts blending into trees, the Pokémon being on top of the player, etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Eh, I'm not a fan. It felt very nice when I had a Steelix or something behind me and I was in a Pokémon Center, to be able to walk around without another thing to control dangling along behind. Besides, it caused some pretty unpleasant graphical mess-ups when you had a larger Pokémon (Ho-oh being the case in point) going around behind you; parts blending into trees, the Pokémon being on top of the player, etc.
    I found those graphical mess ups as small, not so big of a problem :)
    I hope they bring them back in the Hoenn Remakes at least :3

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    It would be nice, yeah...
    But as long as they have an option to turn it of.
    (I don't wan't every pokemon to follow me, bigass unrealistic pokemon like groudon, dialga, palkia)

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
  • They probably didn't include it because they wanted people to buy HG/SS the more expensive pokemon games.

Stupid Money-grabbing Pokemon.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • They probably didn't because they would have to make overworld Pokemon sprites compatible with the new graphics features, same reason why feature wasn't released until HG/SS (Amity square in D/P/Pt was to see how it would work). They might in a later game. Though I hope its a super secret feature that you can turn on/off.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I don't really care all that much for it, but it was pretty cool.

It baffles me as to why they would though. It was all over the box and instruction manual - "ZOMFG KIDS OMG LOOK YOU CAN HAVE YOUR POKEMON FOLLOW YOU OMFG KIDS AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".

Also, it was quite a popular feature amongst the fans, so I don't see why they wouldn't add it back in.

BiohazardX

Marionette Master
    Years
  • It was in HG/SS and they are trying to add a lot of new additions to the series, so it might not be added; but it would be pretty nifty if they brung it back.

Like Tyxomm said, it would be great if you could turn it off too. If they would only follow you when reaching max. happiness or something instead of just following you in HG/SS it would be a bit nicer, so they'd only follow you then.

:D

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • I don't really care all that much for it, but it was pretty cool.

It baffles me as to why they would though. It was all over the box and instruction manual - "ZOMFG KIDS OMG LOOK YOU CAN HAVE YOUR POKEMON FOLLOW YOU OMFG KIDS AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".

Also, it was quite a popular feature amongst the fans, so I don't see why they wouldn't add it back in.
    Truthfully, Pokemon fans are so excited about Black and White already that it wouldn't make much more excitement than we have already. And why do extra work? Just saying.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I think that we should be able to choose which Pokémon from our party could follow us around, not just the first one on the list. I would be very happy if I could have my Murkrow follow me around everywhere, but of course I can't put him in the first slot all the time, so... yeah, just the complaints of a fangirl, no reason to be alarmed.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Truthfully, Pokemon fans are so excited about Black and White already that it wouldn't make much more excitement than we have already. And why do extra work? Just saying.

Yeah ur right, but i guess they might put it back again in the third game, to reignite the fire :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back