• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hoping they bring back the Pokemon follow feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well I still think they didn't do it for the same reason thy didn't in D/P/Pt, they dont have the sprites ready and the graphics programmed to allow it. I bet there'll be an Ishuu Amity Square where certain Pokemon can follow you as their test to see how the system works. Then hopefully they perfect it and it can be in RSE Remakes. Though I hope RSE remakes are on DS, with 3DS Features.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I see a pikachu following... I think they'll bring it back
    https://pokejungle.net/2010/07/13/hi-rez-scans/
    (bottom column on the right, look in that picture)

That's the dream world dude.

I hated the Follow Me Feature. It served no purpose. It was a cheap rip off of Pokemon Yellow. I don't think it even got as much love as most seem to think it got so they nixed it like the Pokemon Contests. Pokemon contests intro'd in Ruby/Sapphire, Emerald it was shrunk to just one town and replaced by Battle Frontier Prep.

Diamond and Pearl, they tried to make it better, people didn't really like it. They got rid of it and made the Pokethon which is a bunch of Mini games in HG/SS.

That possibly didn't go over well as there is a new Pokemon Musical. It was prolly a feature that didn't get enough positive responses so they got rid of it.

I don't want it back and don't see why it should be brought back. It was completely useless anyway.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    That's the dream world dude.

I hated the Follow Me Feature. It served no purpose. It was a cheap rip off of Pokemon Yellow. I don't think it even got as much love as most seem to think it got so they nixed it like the Pokemon Contests. Pokemon contests intro'd in Ruby/Sapphire, Emerald it was shrunk to just one town and replaced by Battle Frontier Prep.

Diamond and Pearl, they tried to make it better, people didn't really like it. They got rid of it and made the Pokethon which is a bunch of Mini games in HG/SS.

That possibly didn't go over well as there is a new Pokemon Musical. It was prolly a feature that didn't get enough positive responses so they got rid of it.

I don't want it back and don't see why it should be brought back. It was completely useless anyway.

I don't see your connection to contests there... but I look forward to the Pokemon Musical, being heavily involved in theatre myself. But on the subject at hand, I'm doubting it in B/W though I kinda liked it. Everytime I got a pokemon I would try it out for a while. Though I can live without it, I had since Yellow.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    They really should've but its clear in the screen shots we've got already they havent. Man, that would be great though :) That was such a cool Feature...I can imagine it now hahahaha ME RUNNIN WITH MY PAL ZEKROM BEHIND:P

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    They really should've but its clear in the screen shots we've got already they havent. Man, that would be great though :) That was such a cool Feature...I can imagine it now hahahaha ME RUNNIN WITH MY PAL ZEKROM BEHIND:P

That would be amazing! Then you could go see N in jail and mock him! Yes, I totally made that up. But N should go to jail, where you can visit him.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That would be amazing! Then you could go see N in jail and mock him! Yes, I totally made that up. But N should go to jail, where you can visit him.
    lol, no villain has ever gone to jail in the pokemon games :P...
    I wish we this feature was there...maybe it does appear in the RSE remakes like I'm thinking, that would make them more awesome :)

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Well, to be honest, they might have put it in with the option to disable it in the Pokemon menu, so like, you highlight specific Pokemon and like Cut and all that, there will be a follow option.
    And maybe they just haven't chosen to show us that(yet?).

That said, it might not be in there.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Ooh, GF you can be so tricky! But at the same time the first scan of HG/SS was Gold and Chikorita. They sorta built up the entire game with that feature, so why would they not show it for B/W?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's probably not featured now because this isn't the main somewhat new feature for the game. I mean, yeah in HGSS, that was the revolutionary thing. In B/W, it's the seasons (not at the start, but soon after) and... yeah dunno about DPPt, but for B/W at least, even if it is included, it isn't the main focal point.

The Red Chain

I recall a screenshot of Black and White featuring two trainers.. One had Zorua out of the Pokeball next to it, and the other had a Celebi next to it. Must've been part of the Zorua event, but maybe choosing when your Pokemon comes out really is a feature. I do sort of hope we have the follow feature still. It was fun to have a little buddy tagging along that you could talk to, but it won't be the end of the world for me if it's not in B&W. XD

lol, no villain has ever gone to jail in the pokemon games :P...

Not that we have seen anyway. ;D

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    It's probably not featured now because this isn't the main somewhat new feature for the game. I mean, yeah in HGSS, that was the revolutionary thing. In B/W, it's the seasons (not at the start, but soon after) and... yeah dunno about DPPt, but for B/W at least, even if it is included, it isn't the main focal point.

But you would still thin kthat in some demo or scan it would show up, I mean people testing the game would wanna try it too? If only you could try the demo outside of Japan...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well we'll be able to tell for sure, next month. :)

Like Forever stated, it might just be because it won't be entirely knew to the games or as others said, you could have the option to have a pokémon follow you or not.

Having the pokémon walking aside me gave me a reason to not use my bike half the time. XD I'd like to see them be able to follow me again in Black and White.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
    Years
    It would be cool if they let you choose whether you want your pokemon to follow you or not, like the ability to go in and out of thier pokeballs outside of battle.

But yeah i definately want the pokemon follow system back in B&W

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm running on the assumption that the feature's been left out because it's not in any of the media shown off so far but... I'd love to see it back. It was honestly my favourite part of HGSS and probably the only reason I found the games very playable. But if it's not there, I'll get over it. I was pretty quick to adjust back to Diamond after playing HeartGold so it wouldn't be very different.

It was a pretty gimmicky addition and was meant to tie-in with the PokéWalker anyway so I can understand why they wouldn't add it back in BW. Sort of like how Crystal had animated sprites but they weren't an expected staple of the series until 4th gen. D: So maybe sometime down the line Pokémon following you will just be a given. *crosses fingers*

Years
    I would love to see this return, but they probably won't because of all the extra work they have to do and looking at their videos it doesn't seem like its' coming back

The Red Chain

I have recovered the picture I talked about!

Hoping they bring back the Pokemon follow feature

I dunno if that's part of the event itself.. but that really makes me wonder about the follow feature. ;.;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back