• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.

calmd

Nerdy Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Really??? how long has mitchel and them been working on this game??

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Congrats on winning Hotm I voted for you, your tiles and screenies are really interesting. Good luck on progressing and especially like the new regi breed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Awesome updates
    u combain all the types of the hacking together
    great job mitchel!

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but this building, the palettes are mine, the build is from GSC Platinum...
    And the maps... Looks very empty XD.

And do you have permission to use the build?
    Well, good luck ^w^!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Good updates!!
    I really enjoyed the Mapped, Tiles and palettes. Everything is great!
    Good luck with your project.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • how long does a hack usually take?
    This is off-topic but...

It really varies. Coolboyman has been working on Brown for, what, more than five years now? Some people work faster than others. Just be patient and I'm sure mitchel1 will come through.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Wow, mitchel1, everything is looking great, I love the tiles and everything, I also would like to see how that bug GYM works. Good luck!

Erick~

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
  • You should use XSE, Mitchel. All Scripts can be easily handled than Pokescript.

Nice updates by the way.

Hey, and well many told me that to use, but I don't really like it and I still don't :p I fixed it already in pokescript and I will continue on that always will be a old school scripter :p and thanks ^^

I figured I'd point this out to you since I saw it: In the first picture here, the P in PokeMart shoul be capitalized as well as the M, I think. The other thing that I know for sure is that the k in PokeMart doesn't need to be there, unless it is supposed to say Pokmarket, in which case you would need an e.

As for the snow screenies, I like them, but if you look at the random house, it doesn't have a shoadow like the gym and PC do. Also, in my opinion anyway, the house's outline could be modified a bit. I can't really describe what I'm trying to say... it makes the house look too... flat, I guess? The same goes for the outline on the roof of the PC. That one could just be lightened a little, I think.....

Sorry for my long-windedness, but I figured since this was HotM, it every little thing helps to make it perfect, right? XD

Hmm, ok thanks for your comment ^^ I'll take a look at it and I'll fix it ^^

I like this game! I can't wait for the beta!

Thanks ^^

this is very well done...keeps getting better and better!!!
    any predictions when there finally going to post the first beta? next summer? couple months from now? aha

Thanks ^^ and no I don't say :p and remember every rom-hacker has a life, that is more inportand then this :p maybe the first alpha will take 1 day? 1 week? 1 month? to compleet 1 hack (inc. everything) can take 5-10 years.

Congrats on winning Hotm I voted for you, your tiles and screenies are really interesting. Good luck on progressing and especially like the new regi breed.

Thanks ^^

Awesome updates
    u combain all the types of the hacking together
    great job mitchel!

Thanks ^^

I like this, continued the progress ^^

your hard efforts are acknowledged

Thanks ^^

Good updates!!
    I really enjoyed the Mapped, Tiles and palettes. Everything is great!
    Good luck with your project.

Thanks ^^

omg. this. looks. awesome. good luck with everything, mitchell :) we are just aquantinces. i am a newbie.

Thanks, and continue practice and you're able to make hacks like this or others ^^

Wow, mitchel1, everything is looking great, I love the tiles and everything, I also would like to see how that bug GYM works. Good luck!

Erick~

Thanks ^^ and well I'll show a video of it when the script is done ^^

[highlight]:..:Update:..:[/highlight]
    p_poppo.gif

Lets go to credits, don't have time for compleet story xD
    (Next update a new script! ^^)

[highlight]Credits[/highlight]:
    Pokemon platinum: Torn world Box art
    >Dante<: It's awesome update bring, gif file :p
    Colorful Summer: Lava BG.
    Metagross (mindfreak): torn world circels and lava circels insertion/tilemap insertion.
    Wesley FG: tiles/pallets
    NeoS: Celebi statue tile
    Lucifer, Zeikku: Entei Battle sprite.
    SSJ4 Cartman: Indexed giratina orgineform.

-------------------------
    [highlight]Screen shot time[/highlight]:
    -------------------------
    Dark cry has included the torn world the special world from platinum that might alot of people know ^^ but the torn world will now has a important part, it will has a new BG in thema of the.. torn world ^^ (NEW!)
    106n8z5.png
    29ffm03.png

Explore Mt. Volcano and battle here versus legend Entei with a brand new Battleground, and find secret locations. (NEW!)
    24d33uc.png

Re-exlore purity forrest with his brand new tiles/pallets that will bring you a new feeling (NEW!/WIP)
    bhkfn9.png
    2h5tzlf.png

That was all people
    ----------------------------
    Mitchel1

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Awesome!
    My jaw almost dropped on the ground.
    Those backgrounds are huge piece of hacking work!
    Mitchel this hack will be huge success!

By the way those locations won't be in beta 1 right?

mindfreak

Belgium Rom hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Hooray my work is online.
    You already know I really like the new tiles of the purity Forrest.
    Keep up the good work and I cant wait until the alpha version.(Take your time to finish it.)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hey you do know the americans changed the torn worlds name to distortion world?
    Anyways awsome update but that entai looks... weird...

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Great update mitchel
    i like the new battleground of entei
    fire type is my favorite
    Nice nice and nice!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back