• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM Feb. 2011] Pokémon Grey [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
  • It has come to my attention once again that some users do not know how to patch a .aps file to play Pokémon Grey. This is not an issue as I offer help. I will post it once again here and then in the first post under FAQ.

How to patch Pokémon Grey:

1. Download a clean FireRed Rom.
    2. Open that Rom in the latest version of XSE.
    3. At the top of XSE select tools and click 'Rom resizer'.
    4. Now click 'Expand'.
    5. Download a tool called 'A-Ptch'.
    6. Open it up, make sure you applying a Patch.
    7. Select the original file as that Rom.
    8. Select the Patch as the Patch you've downloaded.
    9. Click 'run' and that's it.
    10. You should now be able to play it in Visualboy Advance.
    Now if the patching fails it's because you've downloaded the wrong region code of the FireRed rom. I'm not sure which region code I started on, It's either (E) or (U).

News:
    I've noticed the thread has been a bit neglected reasonly. So I plan to update all the screenshots etc.
    Also I've noticed the huge support I've been given in the HOTM thread. I'd like to thank those who have voted as it truly motivates me :)

Next update will contain a video so keep your eyes peeled folks. :D

Years
  • If you scroll to the bottom of the web page you will find a option saying "Save to PC". Click that and the .aps file is yours. :)

Nope, Still not working...."The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or try to make a search." is what it says....

KurcioDurcio

Attempting something new
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2014
    Sexy hack. I may do a Blind Let's Play for this. Actually I'm planning to. Just finished AshGray Walkthrough and thinking to do this... just can't play it. The patch won't work.

Fezao4

Hi
    Years
  • What s Pokemon Fire Red (BPRE)! I searched on Google but just have Fire Red Normal.........
    But,I think thats would be a nice hack! I will try to search on Google many times!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    What s Pokemon Fire Red (BPRE)! I searched on Google but just have Fire Red Normal.........
    But,I think thats would be a nice hack! I will try to search on Google many times!
    Pokemon Fire Red [BPRE] is the normal one! The BPRE part is just the game code that states it is an english fire red ROM.

KurcioDurcio

Attempting something new
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2014
    Only got to record 2 episodes, sexy hack nonetheless, I'll do more when the next BETA comes out. I have a feeling about this hack will be great!

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
    Years
  • to the people who says the link is broken, I'll add a 4shared or mediafire mirror, if it's alright with him :)

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Only got to record 2 episodes, sexy hack nonetheless, I'll do more when the next BETA comes out. I have a feeling about this hack will be great!

I actually can't wait to see what you've made. Post the youtube links when they're uploaded and I'll check them out. :)

*Edit* you already have one episode up. I'm watched it, not bad. :)
    I know it's quite scripty but it gets the user into the player's life and emotions.
    As for why the statue has 'aged' that is a future representation of what they believed she would look like.
    You made me laugh, so well done.

to the people who says the link is broken, I'll add a 4shared or mediafire mirror, if it's alright with him :)

Sure, that would be helpful. If you post the links to me I'll add them to the first post etc. I'm surprised it's not working... It worked for me when I tried yesterday. Ah well, more links will help the people having problems.

*Edit* Seeming you weren't online I did the mediafire one already just incase any people were really desperate to play.

Here is a different download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?mfh5p4nwsd2p8d2

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Can anyone tell me when beta 1 ends because i can not get to Oakwood City for some reason? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    ok sorry i did not know that why i asked but, i think this hack is great by the way i can not wait til next release. Keep up with the good work.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Just played the beta! Absolutely loved it, was major disappointed when it ended. Pumped for the next update.

P.I.E.86

I make sprites.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2015
    Hey astar you seem to respond to most post pretty quickly so I'll ask you. Is there's a way to patch the ROM on a Mac. I have a program that can apply IPS and UPS patches but it doesn't recognize the APS patch. Thanks in advance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back