• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Skully, stop trolling.
    Ckret, great job. About Mr. Psychic (my poor Poliwag is now weeping at its complete mediocrity without that tm...), you could let the player rob him at a later date; it would fit the feel of the story better than him just giving it to you.
    Let me know if you want help with scripting or mapping, I can send work examples as needed.
    Btw, do you think you'll include some DP Pokemon in this hack? Admittedly, it might change the nostalgia of the game a bit, but I don't think anyone would complain if you replaced Gulpin with Dialga...
    Keep up the great work, can't wait for Alpha 2!

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I meant 'already' as in, I just saw it and I already think it's awesome. :P

As for my skills, I don't really know. As I said, I'm just a beginner, so my hands-on-experience has come down to editing egg moves, a bit of changing things in advancemap, as well as learning how to use a few things like YAPE.

If you want my help, know that I'm not really experienced, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere, and I figure helping out with a great hack is a good place to continue.

If you've ever heard of a Romhack called Touhoumon, I help out with that, and it's how I've gotten what little experience I do have. It's nothing as great as yours, but hey.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think TP needs a lot of help right now. (Well, it could use some help with remaking the Johto maps and with some level scripting, but sounds like that's not your forte.)

Skully, stop trolling.
    Ckret, great job. About Mr. Psychic (my poor Poliwag is now weeping at its complete mediocrity without that tm...), you could let the player rob him at a later date; it would fit the feel of the story better than him just giving it to you.
    Let me know if you want help with scripting or mapping, I can send work examples as needed.
    Btw, do you think you'll include some DP Pokemon in this hack? Admittedly, it might change the nostalgia of the game a bit, but I don't think anyone would complain if you replaced Gulpin with Dialga...
    Keep up the great work, can't wait for Alpha 2!

Yep, you'll get to go back to Mr. Psychic and rob him later. :D Right now the script I've got filling space is just a simple msgbox script, but when I get farther along in the game I'll replace it with a proper steal script.

I *might* include some DP Pokémon, but not many. Dialga isn't likely to be one of them, though. :P I'll see if I feel like sticking some in as I get farther along in the hack.

Help would be nice. Can you do level scripting, by any chance? I need some level scripts that'll change some maptiles in the Saffron Rocket Base after a certain event. As for mapping, TP still needs help with Johto maps. I asked someone else to do this for their proof of work, but I think they backed out of it, so: could you do Route 32, except made kinda more "natural" in a similar style to the way I redid Rock Tunnel? Since that's the style in which I'm trying to do TP. There should be an example a few pages back.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    a really good hack with some awesome scripts. stealing pokemon is the best part of it. :D

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Thanks for the offer, but I don't think TP needs a lot of help right now. (Well, it could use some help with remaking the Johto maps and with some level scripting, but sounds like that's not your forte.)

Yep, you'll get to go back to Mr. Psychic and rob him later. :D Right now the script I've got filling space is just a simple msgbox script, but when I get farther along in the game I'll replace it with a proper steal script.

I *might* include some DP Pokémon, but not many. Dialga isn't likely to be one of them, though. :P I'll see if I feel like sticking some in as I get farther along in the hack.

Help would be nice. Can you do level scripting, by any chance? I need some level scripts that'll change some maptiles in the Saffron Rocket Base after a certain event. As for mapping, TP still needs help with Johto maps. I asked someone else to do this for their proof of work, but I think they backed out of it, so: could you do Route 32, except made kinda more "natural" in a similar style to the way I redid Rock Tunnel? Since that's the style in which I'm trying to do TP. There should be an example a few pages back.

I just rembered, (I don't know why this reminded me) But why isn't it possible to go back into the room you got your rattata, Isn't there a warp in there anyway (I opened it up in advance map to explore a bit, But I forget XD)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012

I'll give Route 32 a shot.
    I can level script to some extent, but I haven't covered setmaptile yet. I'll look it up though, see if I can learn how to do it and get back to you.
    By the way, on the DP Pokemon, have you checked out the Advanced image editor series by Wichu? They make sprite editing and inserting much easier. But Weavile and Gliscor, and maybe Drapion too, would fit the genre nicely.
    Hmm, now I'll have to go look at what route 32 was again...

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    It sounds like I could help out on the maps, especially since I'd be able to look back at GSC and Soul Silver to see what they should look like, but you're right in that I don't know scripting yet.

ckret2

Years

I just rembered, (I don't know why this reminded me) But why isn't it possible to go back into the room you got your rattata, Isn't there a warp in there anyway (I opened it up in advance map to explore a bit, But I forget XD)

And here I thought you'd read this whole thread. :P I've addressed this a few times, y'know.

You can't go back into the room because you're never intended to go back into the room. That's the room where newbie Grunts get registered and receive their first Pokémon. You're never a newbie Grunt again, so you never need to visit it again.

As to that warp, it's for my personal use as game creator. When all I want to do is something like check to see if my script to keep you from battling Sabrina works, I can set that warp to take me to the entrance of Sabrina's Gym, change the movement permissions so that I can walk through the table to the left of the scientist, start a new game, walk down there, and warp immediately to Sabrina's Gym. That way, I don't have to waste time playing through the beginning of the game where I get all my junk and battle the Psychic, just to get to the gym.

The warp serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever in the actual game. It's just for me to use.

I'll give Route 32 a shot.
    I can level script to some extent, but I haven't covered setmaptile yet. I'll look it up though, see if I can learn how to do it and get back to you.
    By the way, on the DP Pokemon, have you checked out the Advanced image editor series by Wichu? They make sprite editing and inserting much easier. But Weavile and Gliscor, and maybe Drapion too, would fit the genre nicely.
    Hmm, now I'll have to go look at what route 32 was again...

No, I haven't heard of the Advanced image editor series. Thanks for telling me about it, I'll have to look into it. Do they do trainer sprites or intro sprites and such like that, or just Pokémon sprites?

For quick reference, Route 32. G/S/C style, at least; but I don't think the HG/SS Route 32 map is available online yet.

It sounds like I could help out on the maps, especially since I'd be able to look back at GSC and Soul Silver to see what they should look like, but you're right in that I don't know scripting yet.

In that case, could you do Route 34 so I can see what your style looks like?

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years

I have had some experience doing level scripts in the past....if you want I can give it a shot

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    And here I thought you'd read this whole thread. :P I've addressed this a few times, y'know.

You can't go back into the room because you're never intended to go back into the room. That's the room where newbie Grunts get registered and receive their first Pokémon. You're never a newbie Grunt again, so you never need to visit it again.

As to that warp, it's for my personal use as game creator. When all I want to do is something like check to see if my script to keep you from battling Sabrina works, I can set that warp to take me to the entrance of Sabrina's Gym, change the movement permissions so that I can walk through the table to the left of the scientist, start a new game, walk down there, and warp immediately to Sabrina's Gym. That way, I don't have to waste time playing through the beginning of the game where I get all my junk and battle the Psychic, just to get to the gym.

The warp serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever in the actual game. It's just for me to use.

Yeah, one would forget though, lol.
    And, I guess that is a valid reason.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Lol, nobody wants to use the other support bars...
    Were there any other maps you wanted me to look at other than Route 32, Ckret?
    I just read the part you wrote about Mewtwo's "trainer underlings." Sounds hilarious, I can't wait to see one!
    Do you think you'll have some new screenshots up soon?

Last edited:

ckret2

Years
    Lol, nobody wants to use the other support bars...
    Were there any other maps you wanted me to look at other than Route 32, Ckret?
    I just read the part you wrote about Mewtwo's "trainer underlings." Sounds hilarious, I can't wait to see one!
    Do you think you'll have some new screenshots up soon?

Thanks for Route 32, looks really good! I'll probably be a crazy nitpicker and edit it a bit myself before putting it in the game (I do that with all maps, so really it's nothing personal), but it looks great as-is already. It's a pretty simple one, but could you do Route 35?

I'll see if I can put some new screenshots up sometime this afternoon. I'm working on Ilex Forest right now (... I know, I should be working on the next beta, but...) and I'd like to show that to you guys to get your opinions on the shrine.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks for Route 32, looks really good! I'll probably be a crazy nitpicker and edit it a bit myself before putting it in the game (I do that with all maps, so really it's nothing personal), but it looks great as-is already. It's a pretty simple one, but could you do Route 35?

I'll see if I can put some new screenshots up sometime this afternoon. I'm working on Ilex Forest right now (... I know, I should be working on the next beta, but...) and I'd like to show that to you guys to get your opinions on the shrine.
    Glad you liked it! Sure, I'll give 35 a shot.
    Erm... do you need me to send you the actual map file of Route 32, or can you just import it from that picture file? But yeah, I'll get right on that.

ckret2

Years
    Glad you liked it! Sure, I'll give 35 a shot.
    Erm... do you need me to send you the actual map file of Route 32, or can you just import it from that picture file? But yeah, I'll get right on that.

Unfortunately, I can't import the picture file. (Wouldn't that be convenient...) So yeah, I'll need the map file.

Thanks!

Years
    Hey, I have a suggestion.. not about the game but maybe you could consider redoing the thread with a FAQ at the first post I mean NO ONE is going to read 50+ pages in a thread. I guess it isn't really neccessary and I would prefer Alpha 2 to a new thread but if you got spare time maybe you could do it.

I already said this at like page 28 :P but the first alpha was great and I am eagerly awaiting more releases

ckret2

Years
    Hey, I have a suggestion.. not about the game but maybe you could consider redoing the thread with a FAQ at the first post I mean NO ONE is going to read 50+ pages in a thread. I guess it isn't really neccessary and I would prefer Alpha 2 to a new thread but if you got spare time maybe you could do it.

I already said this at like page 28 :P but the first alpha was great and I am eagerly awaiting more releases

... Yeah, someday I'll stop being lazy and write up a proper FAQ... It'll probably be when the second alpha comes out, though. Eheh.

Anyway! I promised screenshots. Instead, I have a map. You will eventually get to Ilex Forest. And when you do, this is what you shall see:

Spoiler:

There is gratuitous grass because in the original Ilex Forest, you can run into Pokémon EVERYWHERE. Like a cave. I didn't want to set it up like that in ToxicPurple, though. If I did, it wouldn't match Viridian Forest, which doesn't work like a cave. So I just gave it a whole lot of grass. You will drown in the grass.

You will also have your first Johto encounter with Silver here. And you all know how he feels about Team Rocket in Johto.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Nice looking forest. I won't mind the grass, I've got a machete!
    I find it interesting that you made two double-wide trees in the bottom right; they actually look fine. I like the originality of their look.
    Also, because I know you'll want to hear it, the shrine looks great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back