• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
*Facepalms* Why does everything get compaired to Zel? Shiny gold wasn't even THAT good of a hack...

Look people, just because the creator hasn't been on for a few months means NOTHING. We've had this happen one time in the past, and it's bound to happen again. Just relax, wait PATIENTLY for the creator to return.

Zel's Shiny gold was good
He just never finished it
So it wasnt as good as other rom hacks

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
@guy above me
don't use pokescript, it's bad, use xse.
@neonfuz
don't be so sure, ckret hasn't been on for ages. she turned into zel :p

Some people don't like XSE. I'm not too keen on it just because I start it up... BAM! It crashes. Download it from a different site... BAM! It crashes again. Download it from 4 different sites.... BAM! Crashes.

Gdog12356

UNTH1NKABL3
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
a nice addition to this game would be after you beat a trainer you get 1 of their pokemon, try giving that addition for the next beta, i wish i had the bikers eevee :(

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
And the exciting starter is...
256h92c.png

dmwaoo.png

6sxtdt.png

... darn.

Lol, now that's funny. I can't get over how funny that is. Plus, when you say you don't want it it, says,"Too bad, here it is anyway."

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
i checked ckret's profile, and she DID come back...but she didn't do anything, so if she was still working on it, why not post then?

There is nothing that forces her to post. Give me a good reason why she should post. :/

Some people don't like XSE. I'm not too keen on it just because I start it up... BAM! It crashes. Download it from a different site... BAM! It crashes again. Download it from 4 different sites.... BAM! Crashes.

I find that number to be very few, as XSE has the largest support out of any other script compiler. That crashing.. is more likely than not the fault of your computer or yourself as opposed to the program. It seems to work for everyone else just fine.

Lord_Kurosaki13

Amateur ash
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
So is there a planned release date for the second alpha or even a beta i dont know about anyone else but im really excited

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
I keep accidentally walking into the pokecenter ^_^ OOPS....

THIS IS REALLY GREAT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Half of the "bugs" i wouldnt consider bugs
~its just you havent hacked that far yet~
You should put them on a To-Do list rather than the bug list

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
There is nothing that forces her to post. Give me a good reason why she should post. :/

I find that number to be very few, as XSE has the largest support out of any other script compiler. That crashing.. is more likely than not the fault of your computer or yourself as opposed to the program. It seems to work for everyone else just fine.

Ok. I'll re-download it. It might fix it but...

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
I have at last emerged from the challenge that was reading the first 70 (and only, at the current moment) pages of this topic... and things are looking awesome.

O ALSO HOW DOZ I USE DAT IPS FEEL
N WUT DOZ I DO AFTA MAROWAK
Imma go try that hack now. I'll report back at a later time. Until then, keep being awesome, ckret. :)

EDIT
Final verdict: It's pretty cool. Although this version's trainers seems a little rough, especially the section with all the ghost pokemon channelers. If it weren't for level 13's Water Gun move that my Poliwag had just learned, I wouldn't have passed the one with a Gastly and a Misdreavus. The lack of grass was also somewhat problematic.

Glad all this is getting worked on for the new version, though. I'll try my best to be patient, but I can't promise much... :P

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Half of the "bugs" i wouldnt consider bugs
~its just you havent hacked that far yet~
You should put them on a To-Do list rather than the bug list

You know, I think you should read, like I know I've told you about four times in every other post of yours I've responded to~

"Bugs":
With "bugs" in quotes because none of them are actually "bugs," just stuff I
haven't gotten around to changing yet.

Expect these to be fixed in the next alpha:

Yep so. :>

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2012
OK so I downloaded the firered rom and the ips file, patched it, and started playing. and i deffinitially found a bug... twice.

This bug occurs at the steps leading to the third floor of pokemon tower. The game will not allow me to go up the stairs. there is something strange about this however. As you all should know, normally when you walk into an item/wall/person/whatever the sprite will walk, but obviously not go anywhere. In my game, the sprite does not even make movements when i make him head left (in an attempt to go up the stairs), but he still does in all other areas and in all other directions. now after this happened, knowing that i should be able to go up those steps, i restarted from my earliest quicksave right after i stole my first pokemon. i played through again, and the same thing happened. Does ANYONE have ANY idea why this happened?

possible causes:
I use the Visualboy advanced emulator (not anywhere near the current updated version) on Windows 7
The rom i used for patching wasnt clean (although the site i got it from has never let me down before)
the patch did not work right, or the patching system i used screwed it up
i choose vulpix as the pokemon i stole
something to do with trainer battles
i lost my first battle, the one against the psychic, and had to go back and refight him.
i recieved the psychic TM from the dude in south saffron (which automatically gives you the TM case, an item i didn't recieve)

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
To andis1:

1)I use Visualboy Advance too, but you should dowload new version anyway
2)download new Rom, but iI doubt it would do any difference
3)do it again; use Lips.exe and if it says the file is succesfully patched, you've got no problem
4)doesn't matter, i chose it too, and it worked fine
5)I battled all the trainers and the order you fight them doesn't affect the game
6)I lost the same battle few times till ratatta got to lv.7, still no problem
7)I took the same TM and TM case created itself, minor bug but it doesn't affect the gameplay!

Hope i helped. Just download the new VBA and Fire red ROM and patch it again and there shouldn't be any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back