• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    Thanks, glad you like! :D

The download for the latest version is on the front page. That IS the latest version.

This, technically, could be classified as "asking for a release," which is against the rules. Game creators don't like being harassed by a bunch of people going "Where's the latest version? Can I have it? When's it going to be up?" I mean, it's not like we're even being paid for this. :P We work on the hacks and get updates posted when we find time.

It's especially annoying if an answer is already given, as it is here: the latest version's downloadable on the front page, at the bottom of the first post. You have to patch it onto a FireRed rom to get it to work, and there are instructions on how to do that in the general Emulation section.

Typically, most ROM hackers will just report or ignore people asking for a release date or a download, especially if that info has already been given. However, I happen to think that anyone with Cthulhu in their name (and spelled correctly, no less) deserves at least a little respect. :D

Sorry, I'm still kinda new to this stuff.

Haha, and thanks.

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
    Hey Ckret2 this may sound like a really noobish question but can I play this game on my ds because it looks really awesome.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    I just played through the alpha and I really enjoyed it!! Poor little girl getting her Pokemon taken away from her. LOL What's with the girl in the far right room in the base? XD

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I just played through the alpha and I really enjoyed it!! Poor little girl getting her Pokemon taken away from her. LOL What's with the girl in the far right room in the base? XD

Her? She has very... interesting dreams, let's put it that way. Eeeeveryone likes the Boss.

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
    Hey ckret2 can you patch this game for me becasue I'm really new to all of this stuff...and I wanted to play this game on my ds...I know how to do it now...Well thanx for the help in advance!!

ckret2

Years
    Hey ckret2 can you patch this game for me becasue I'm really new to all of this stuff...and I wanted to play this game on my ds...I know how to do it now...Well thanx for the help in advance!!

That would be against the rules. To patch the game for you, I would have to put the patch on a rom and then give the rom to you; and PokéCommunity has strict rules against the distribution of roms on its forums. Unless you're proposing I fly to wherever you live and do the patching right on your computer? :P

Patching is simple. Download Lunar IPS, which you can get at this link. Download a copy of the FireRed rom, and PokéCommunity has rules against my giving you direct links to downloading the rom, but if you Google something like download firered rom, you should get plenty of links. (Though of course make sure that you already own a real copy of FireRed so that it's not pirating because that would be bad etc. etc.) And you can download the patch itself from the first page. Open Lunar IPS, click on the link that says "Apply Patch," under "Select IPS File to use" find ToxicPurple's .ips file, under "Select File to Patch" find the FireRed rom, and that's it. The FireRed rom you had has now been turned into a ToxicPurple rom.

For this reason, you might want to make two copies of the FireRed rom; one to patch ToxicPurple onto, and a second one to keep as a "clean" FireRed rom so that you can put other patches onto the "clean" rom later. Once you patch a rom, it's been permanently changed, and there's no way to change it back.

And, in the future, keep in mind that being "new to all this stuff" isn't a good excuse for not trying it yourself. Everyone was new to it at some point, but somehow almost everyone figured out how to patch their own roms. If you don't know how to do something, you'll get a lot more sympathy if you try to figure out how to do it and then ask for advice than if you ask for someone to do it for you. (Luckily, I'm procrastinating today, so I'd rather explain how to get Lunar IPS to work than finish my homework anyway. XD)

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
    Okay I have done these steps three times but everytime I try to play it on my ds it just stops at the Gameboy screen. What can I do now?

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Okay I have done these steps three times but everytime I try to play it on my ds it just stops at the Gameboy screen. What can I do now?

Your better off playing it on a VBA most flash carts cant read the patches and just freeze or are all glitchy

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
    Is there any website that offers this rom because I really want to play this game on the ds! P.S. I have tried patching this rom already.

ckret2

Years
    Is there any website that offers this rom because I really want to play this game on the ds! P.S. I have tried patching this rom already.

Look, there IS no rom. The patch is all there is. If you patched the rom and it doesn't work, that's it. The patch is the whole game. You take the patch, you stick it on the FireRed rom, if that doesn't work then it isn't going to work. Sorry if it doesn't work on your DS. Use Visual Boy Advance, it won't kill you to make do with playing a hack on your computer. And if you don't want to play it on your computer, I'm sorry. ToxicPurple exists as a patch that is attached to a FireRed rom which is GBA compatible and works on VBA. If it doesn't work on a DS then it doesn't. That's all there is.

And, as always, giving links to roms is against PokéCommunity's rules. Period, the end, no exceptions. ToxicPurple is made on FireRed, so giving you a ToxicPurple rom would be basically the same thing as giving you a slightly screwed-up FireRed rom. Which is still against the rules.

And yes, I know you've tried patching the rom already. You've spent the last two pages trying to play ToxicPurple on your DS and asking other people to patch a rom for you. And I've spent the last page explaining how to patch it and saying it's against the rules for someone on PokéCommunity to give you a rom, patched or otherwise.

Honestly, what's wrong with VBA? Are you under contractual obligation to play every game you own on a DS or not at all? You're already using a computer to post on PC and download games, so it's not like you don't have a computer on which you can use VBA.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    hey sounds like a awsome hack and id like to do a walkthrough of it so if u can tell me what game is required fro the hack too work id be glad.

Explore

Graphic Designer
    Years
    This has serious potential. I was really impressed with the hideout mapping, all of the scripting with NPCs moving (the Psychics), and The Pokemon stealing idea. I'll be keeping an eye on this for more developments. If you want, send me a PM or email, and I'll make a large bannerish thing for the first post. Just email me with specifications, dimensions and stuff.

Good luck!

ckret2

Years
    hey sounds like a awsome hack and id like to do a walkthrough of it so if u can tell me what game is required fro the hack too work id be glad.

Sorry, but I'm not authorizing anyone to do a walkthrough yet. (For one thing, because the only thing that's out is the first alpha, and there's really not enough content yet to justify a walkthrough.)

Besides--excuse me for saying this--I doubt I would trust someone to be able to make a very thorough explanation on how to get through a game when they can't even find the info on what game the hack needs in the first post. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the walkthrough-writer's observational skills. :P

This has serious potential. I was really impressed with the hideout mapping, all of the scripting with NPCs moving (the Psychics), and The Pokemon stealing idea. I'll be keeping an eye on this for more developments. If you want, send me a PM or email, and I'll make a large bannerish thing for the first post. Just email me with specifications, dimensions and stuff.

Good luck!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you think it looks good so far! :D

What do you mean by "bannerish thing"? Do you have an example you've done for another hack, by any chance?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    boy this spam is killer. AHHHH
    ckret2, I know there is, like, banner request overkills, but can I make a userbar. I'm getting good at them. I made one for Lunar&Solar (see: the thread) and made one for pokémon steel, too (see: signature). So what do you say...?

:)

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
    This hack is one of the more interesting ones I've played! I really enjoyed it, the concept and especially it's execution. Finally there is a hack where I won't have to use up a move slot for an HM to get to certain areas :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back