• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    1.You can skip all the early trainers if you want to.
    2.It's pointed out that the point of the game isn't to capture pokemon but to steal them, with that said there really is no point in catching pokemon because team Rocket considers them worthless.

Also, for future reference, you should refer to hacks as "hacks" and not roms because that could cause some trouble.
    I don't mean to be rude :).

Not rude at all, thanks for the correction.
    Now, regarding the trainers, you're right when you say I can skip them, but if I do so then I'm completely underpowered for Lavender Tower. I just think that there should be one or two trainers with Pokemon no higher than Lv. 5 (not more than one or two, though), and that the types of Pokemon used should be diversified so that there are one or two types that grass is good against (as it is, Oddish is pretty much useless, though come to think of it I guess that's normal).
    Regarding the wild Pokemon, my main worry about the steal method is that it will be almost impossible to account for the bulk of Pokemon you obtain through stealing rather than catching them wild, unless someone can figure out a way to randomly generate steal scenarios, which I don't think is possible...

Anyway, good luck Ckret, and thanks again for the correction, machomuu.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I love this hack so far, and some of the trainers may be too powerful in the beginning but with two pokemon I was able to beat at least one of their pokemon which gave me all that experience and actually helped me level up :) So even though it took me a little bit to actually beat the trainers I think it was worth it , to get the experince.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    This is a very, very good ROM.

I've decided to do a LP of it =D

You can find it on youtube on my channel if you wanna check it out, YT = conicsonic5

I was originally going to ask you to wait on that, since there's not much gameplay yet, but then I went and watched the first three segments, and... wow. That was fun. I wish you'd let me know beforehand, but hey, I think it's a great idea now. Good luck with it! I left a comment on the third part that might be helpful, especially since all the enemy Trainers have heal items. (That'll be fixed in the next Alpha. I'm toning down the amount of items enemy trainers have. And the amount of too-strong moves. For example, that Eevee you lost to twice. One of its moves is Frustration. I have a very thorough explanation for the reason why I gave it Frustration, it just isn't a good reason.)

If you want to make a playlist of the LP, I'll link that on the first post so that people can go to one page with all the videos on it.

Just played through it again, this with Oddish, and I noticed two things:
    1. The early trainers are too strong, especially for Oddish, though some of the channelers in Pkmn tower are too weak for anything but Oddish.
    2. You have almost no early capture options whatsoever, and the first time I played, I grew my Poliwag to Lv. 18 by the end of the Marowak incident simply because I had nothing else worthwhile to train besides Gastly and Zubat (Cubone is too rare to be viable, though I did catch Marowak, don't know if I was supposed to...)
    I'm sorry if I'm giving a little too much feedback, but this is a great rom, and I'd love to see it get even better.
    Ckret, you're a genius.

Nope, you weren't supposed to catch Marowak. And that stupid stupid Great Ball sitting out there in the open that allows you to catch it has been removed from the next alpha.

I'll see if I can put in some Water-types (or something like that) for Oddish on Route 8. I'm also toning down some of the Route 8 Trainers so they're not quite such royal pains to beat.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    I was originally going to ask you to wait on that, since there's not much gameplay yet, but then I went and watched the first three segments, and... wow. That was fun. I wish you'd let me know beforehand, but hey, I think it's a great idea now. Good luck with it! I left a comment on the third part that might be helpful, especially since all the enemy Trainers have heal items. (That'll be fixed in the next Alpha. I'm toning down the amount of items enemy trainers have. And the amount of too-strong moves. For example, that Eevee you lost to twice. One of its moves is Frustration. I have a very thorough explanation for the reason why I gave it Frustration, it just isn't a good reason.)

If you want to make a playlist of the LP, I'll link that on the first post so that people can go to one page with all the videos on it.

The playlist has been made, check mah YT to get the link =)

Dano_

Nya~
    Years
    I'm loving this hack.

I dunno about anyone else, but I actually found it the perfect difficulty, it wasn't too hard or too easy.

Also, if you're still in search of a name for the Strength replacement, perhaps Rocket's Sonic Machine(A play on the old Rocket's Secret Machine cards from the TCG)?

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    This is a terrific hack.
    Just out of curiosity, how do you plan to change Fly into a machine?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    Personally when I'm playing through a game I hate things that are too easy, it totally defeats the purpose of playing the game. I don't think that most of the trainer battles really need adjustments (though the masses will disagree), I prefer it to be a bit more challenging. But anyway, it looks great, just please please PLEASE stick with it. lol

PearlShippingDawn

Empress of Koguryo
    Years
    Hmm..When I fought Abra it used just Teleport. An Abra should not use Mega Punch. Abra only learns : Teleport until it evolves. And I dont think that the trainer used an Move Tutor !

Years
    that's what i thought. an abra should only use teleport, but maybe i patched it wrong or something. it is on fire red right?

Years
    I just gave it a little play through, and I really like the humour. You've done a great job making this, but I just wish it wasn't so damn hard. Pitting me against a Muk so early on is a little too challenging I think, and weird considering it was only level 7. I have a question about the sprites: Will you be changing them at all? I mean, when you're playing as your chosen character, I just think it would be cool if he/she could run around with a little Rocket uniform on. That's all.

Anyway, great job, and I'll look forward to playing it when it's all completed. =]

Guiarabe

Treecko: the coolest!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2016
    Awesome!

I really enjoyed playing it. Can't wait to play the next alpha/beta.
    Good luck with it.

Years
    I loved it! Really good. It was funny: the dialogues, being part of Team Rocket, etc...

Poor little Diana, robbed by everyone. I got her Oddy (and I nicknamed it like that), because I thought if I didn't accept it, I wouldn't get it anymore later. I found out about her Poliwag and Vulpix reading here. I'll add the banner to my signature.

Two questions: When do you plan to put in-house trainers? And, when do you plan to release the next alpha?

Years
    This is the game is awesome i dont treat as a hack or rom i treat it as a game because thats what it deserves to be i wish you luck with this "game" i hope to see you create more "games" like this and maybe team aqua or magma version and so forth

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
    Years
    Aw man, it's a Fire Red hack..
    My VBA won't let me save my game on Firered hacks, darn it.
    If someone has a solution to this problem, I will be very grateful. :3
    I can help out here,
    1. Well don't mean to be rude but this game is a bit short to need to save and,
    2. Have you set your save type to Flash 128K? If not, you can by going:
    Options>Emulator>Save Type>Flash 128K.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I actually enjoyed the difficulty... I mean, it made it so much more challenging, you know? The frustation Eevee, the Muk, all of that, were incredibly awesome fights. Some got really epic. Ever thought of keeping it the way it is, and then making an easier version? (like Shiny Gold, which has an Easier and a Harder version) I'm not saying this because I'd like you to have extra work, but simply because it'd be a true disappointment not to be able to have a challenge in the future like the one your Alpha has provided already!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back