• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    I meant more like later in the game, maybe you two are both trying to get some high ranking postion, but whatever ends up happening will be fine by me no matter what, so keep up the good work.

Yeah, we'll battle them sooner or later.

And, lukethehic, Shes at collage. Don't worry, She has said many times that she won't discontinue it.

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
    Years
  • Haha, this is so funny! xD
    I've just started playing this and I alereay stole a Poliwag from a little girl! LOL! That's funny! I would never expected THAT in a game! Haha!
    It's kinda sad in the same way... an innocent little girl is getting robbed. :P It's so sad when she says "G-good-bye, POLY..."

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Q: Can I get another pokemon instead of "oddy"?
    A: Yes, you can get "Oddy" (Oddish), "Poly" (Poliwag) and "Vulpy" (Vulpix) When she asks if you want a oddish say no, And she ask you if you want the poliwag, ect.

Q: I've got to "Vulpy" but I've decided I want Oddy/Poly, How do I get them.
    A: When you get to "vulpy" say no, And she'll tell you the pokemon again.

JasmineRain

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Go to the simple question thread/How to patch roms in the rom hacking board to find out 'why toxic purple isn't working'

Feature coming out in the next release:
    Battle Jessie and James.
    Take (Rookie)Officer Jenny hostage.
    Go through The new redesigned rock tunnel (No flash required)
    Go through Moon Mountain (M.t. moon) And Diglet tunnel (Not comfirmed, though very likely)

Do NOT get Mr. Psychic's TM, Beat the gym or the dojo. If you do you'll have to make a new file.
    The second Marowak WILL be removed from the game and so will all pokeballs until you defeat Marowak (To prevent you from catching it)

Thats Pretty much the whole thread in a single post.
    Oh...I almost forgot! There will be a new item called:
    Spoiler:

This will be used to make pokemon only able to evolve through trade evolve without trading.
    It will be for sale later on in the game.
    I don't know if this is Possible, but maybe instead of Removing all of the Pokeballs, is it possible to set it up similar to a Trainer Pokemon? Perhaps the Pokemon would block the ball, and it would simply say "This Pokemon can not be caught". Or is the only effective way to do this one of the prior mentioned ways:

1. Turning it into a Ghost ( Obviously this is silly as it isn't Dead... )
    2. Making it so that ALL of them can't be caught ( This would suck later... )

Just a quick thought...

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Or you could just have it as a trainer, name the trainer Marowack, and give it Marowack's sprite. Then just have it send out a Marowack. It may seem weird, but it keeps you from catching it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    Amazing hack so far. Is there ever going to be a time to nickname/rename Pokemon? I was rather sad when I didn't get to name my little Rattata. I'ma hide in my fail-box now XDD

Lesson of the Day: Never just say "SCREW IT, I WANNA PLAY NOW" when you don't have a clean Fire Red ROM. I decided to make a copy of my FR ROM for Moemon and apply the ToxicPurple patch to it. Surprising thing... it works XDD

Last edited:

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    I don't know if this is Possible, but maybe instead of Removing all of the Pokeballs, is it possible to set it up similar to a Trainer Pokemon? Perhaps the Pokemon would block the ball, and it would simply say "This Pokemon can not be caught". Or is the only effective way to do this one of the prior mentioned ways:

1. Turning it into a Ghost ( Obviously this is silly as it isn't Dead... )
    2. Making it so that ALL of them can't be caught ( This would suck later... )

Just a quick thought...

Look, its been said LOADS of times, you won't get any pokeballs before marowak. making marowak a trainer would be silly, because when was the last time you saw a marowak send out a pokeball? Or any pokemon for that matter.

EDIT: And it doesn't matter if you can't catch them. Because the only awy you can get it is from stealing from a trainer, which doesn't need pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    :) I just played this for the first time today! :) Great hack! Awesome hack! But there is one small bug I found. There is a Great Ball somewhere in the game, and I caught Marowak! But then Rocket Admin Bonnie says she kills it and all that. Lolz! :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    :) I just played this for the first time today! :) Great hack! Awesome hack! But there is one small bug I found. There is a Great Ball somewhere in the game, and I caught Marowak! But then Rocket Admin Bonnie says she kills it and all that. Lolz! :D
    There should be an option TO do something like replace it with one of the Mimic Girls Pokedolls and take the Marowak for yourself. XD

I played it about a day or two ago for the first time and I have to say I really love it. Its challenging and I have a big interests on how this is going to work. Fighting people and then taking their Pokemon after you beat them. Plus Team Rocket Hacks are nothing new but they just never have that "feel" to it. I like the challenge that you have to go through How the game is out to get you.

But after you get the great balls that kind of falls out of place because it will get easier with time.

I like what you are doing but in order to keep the challenge up I think for some of your missions working your way up from grunt their should be a restriction on how many Pokemon you can take on the mission itself and not just leave it out to judge for the player.

Like say for instance... If you could, one of your missions your partner steals your pokemon and you have to chase him down and get them back with other trainers blocking your way. Just a little area out of the way of the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2023
    Look, its been said LOADS of times, you won't get any pokeballs before marowak. making marowak a trainer would be silly, because when was the last time you saw a marowak send out a pokeball? Or any pokemon for that matter.

EDIT: And it doesn't matter if you can't catch them. Because the only awy you can get it is from stealing from a trainer, which doesn't need pokeballs.

You could have a baby cuebone as the trainer and it sends out its mother marowak to attack. but still you would need to fix the pokeball thing.

Notched^^

パイパイピチュー
    Years
  • Eh I think I will enjoy this always wanted to play a game where you are in the bad guy group ^^ xD but uh... Rattatta as starter might have to hack to catch something legit :P

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Ok everyone giving ideas on how to keep you from catching Marowak
    Ckret2 has already removed the great ball and solved the problem
    of catching it she said it a few pages ago

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
  • Hola. I played the Alpha and after I caught Marowak (but then apparently it was killed. o.O), I headed downstairs to begin my descent of the tower. I got into a battle with Channeler Tommy. Note that my Vulpix had fainted, so no ember for me. She had a level 7 Haunter and I had the Marowak and my Rattata. Since Haunter had levitate, bone club didn't work, and my Rattata was resistant to its ghost attacks. Likewise, Haunter was resistant to my Normal attacks. Needless to say, I was sitting there for about 10 minutes just using quick attack waiting for one of us to get struggle. Finally Haunter ran out of PP for its moves and used struggle. That was annoying. I was wondering if you could just fix it so she doesn't have a Haunter or that all my Pokemon are healed after the Marowak battle.

Now excuse me while I play the rest. I really like the dialouge by the way.

Last edited:

jps101

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Just finished playing the alpha, and I loved it!
    I just have a few problems.
    A) Why does your rival look green-skinned?
    B) can't you make it so that it's something other than rattata, coz at it's current rate, you'll have problems with the Ghost tower (Something like Poochyena or Houndour) I know it's part of your story to have a pathetic Rattata.
    C) Erm... Isn't a machete a bit violent?
    But apart from that... AMAZING

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Just finished playing the alpha, and I loved it!
    I just have a few problems.
    A) Why does your rival look green-skinned?
    B) can't you make it so that it's something other than rattata, coz at it's current rate, you'll have problems with the Ghost tower (Something like Poochyena or Houndour) I know it's part of your story to have a pathetic Rattata.
    C) Erm... Isn't a machete a bit violent?
    But apart from that... AMAZING

I kind of like Rattata as a starter, plus once you get use it it its not all that hard. All you need is one of the "true starters" I guess you could call them that since right after the Rattata you get to choose them.

The first post does say they are working on other starters though but it won't be Ekans, Koffing, or Meowth or anything like that.

Not really, its the cutting tool instead of a HM, plus Marowak was killed in Red, this just explains how. XD

jps101

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I kind of like Rattata as a starter, plus once you get use it it its not all that hard. All you need is one of the "true starters" I guess you could call them that since right after the Rattata you get to choose them.

The first post does say they are working on other starters though but it won't be Ekans, Koffing, or Meowth or anything like that.

Not really, its the cutting tool instead of a HM, plus Marowak was killed in Red, this just explains how. XD

I know. I have no problem with it. I'm just suggesting some of the younger rom players may not enjoy having a pokemon killed with a machete. One thing get's me about the pokemon you steal... You're team rocket, why don't you just steal them all? :P

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I know. I have no problem with it. I'm just suggesting some of the younger rom players may not enjoy having a pokemon killed with a machete. One thing get's me about the pokemon you steal... You're team rocket, why don't you just steal them all? :P

They could not take them all because Sabrina came out and they
    were just beginners they can not take on a gym leader yet

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011

No different than when in Pokemon Diamond it says in the library that people eat pokemon. XD

Yeah, it would be really nice to steal them all but also you really can't because that would fill up your party fast making it so that you can't get any pokemon because you need to have empty spaces... it would mean alot of running back and forth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back