• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
  • Uhm, was I supposed to be able to catch the Marowak? I threw a Great Ball I got near the bottom of the tower and caught it...

Anyways, this is a great hack. I just wish I knew everything I wasn't supposed to do at this point (I already picked up the TM29 Psychic >_< ).

Read the thread. It says on every page many things: Don't do Sabrina's gym, don't do the Fighting Dojo, don't get Psychic, and don't capture (or run away from) Marowak.

Oh, and all FR ROMs save. I know this because mine does. But you have to set the VBA up to let it first. Sereously though, just use save states.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    To get VBA to in-game save the GBA pokemon games, open up notepad and paste this in:

Code:
    e-Reader (U)
    [PSAE]
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon Ruby (U)
    [AXVE]
    rtcEnabled=1
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon Sapphire (U)
    [AXPE]
    rtcEnabled=1
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon FireRed (U)
    [BPRE]
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon LeafGreen (U)
    [BPGE]
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon Emerald (U)
    [BPEE]
    rtcEnabled=1
    flashSize=131072
    Then save it as vba-over.cfg in whatever directory your emulator lives. Apologies if there were additional steps... It was over a year ago when I did it. But that should work, to the best of my knowledge. I believe you'll have to delete the existing save files for whatever you're trying to make work or something too and start fresh, but again, it's been a while.

[/randomcontribution]

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2012
    This game is mad i reckon its pretty unique though, coz most hacks these days are really predictable and boring

ChriZ0529

Just some guy with a big dream
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    Thanks but I am using a supercard so it can't do that :(. I figured I could just find a different rom to use that could save....
    If anyone still can help I use the real time save and when I load it later it shows the little help screen for when you press R (button combo is L+R+B+start) and when I press B to get out it is a black screen with music. It obviously is still working because I can hear me bumping in to walls.
    When I use normal save I go to save normally and it says save failed then after waiting it says battery empty so I can't even use the normal save option.
    I haven't tryed to see if it was just this hack or not but it might be.

Sorry if this is taking up valuable thread space!! :)

ChriZ0529

Just some guy with a big dream
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    Just to let you know i fixed the problem with real time save (I just had to leave the room I was in and it would work) so I won't have a problem unless ckret uses the insta-save after you beat the rival after the elite four...

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Lol noobs are annoying but anyway,
    You can Downlaod an Ips patch Goto first post.
    Then use lunar Ips to patch it onto a POKEMON FIRERED ROM.
    Then open with VBA. And enjoy...!
    And everyone else just copy and past this to answer any noob who asks this question ok...
    so can we have peace now?

mmm a question: i download the file with the hack but instead patch the ips file, i only change the name of the ips file to match the name of the rom and it works, and i've been doing this with other hacks and works perfectly, can this make me ruin my hack rom???

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    mmm a question: i download the file with the hack but instead patch the ips file, i only change the name of the ips file to match the name of the rom and it works, and i've been doing this with other hacks and works perfectly, can this make me ruin my hack rom???
    Not if you were even a little smart and made backup copies of your Rom. But seriously, I don't think so.
    Ckret... please come back...

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Problem!

In the Pokemon Tower, my Vulpix is knocked out, and it's Rattata against Gastly.. Neither of us can hurt eachother.
    That happened to me too.
    you'll have to wait until gastly uses struggle to beat you...
    that'll be fixed in the next alpha.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • My guess is that Team Rocket did him in. They don't want anyone to know their secrets.

Yeah, this is kind of a Bump post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back