• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #113] Pokémon Sanctuary

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    I got to the end of the book and the game froze with a red screen!
    But ummm....then again,maybe it might have been because i had my WalkThroughWall's code on,ahaha(i use it to see work the hacker'z have made to the game but don't allow the player's to usually see.)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I got to the end of the book and the game froze with a red screen!
    But ummm....then again,maybe it might have been because i had my WalkThroughWall's code on,ahaha(i use it to see work the hacker'z have made to the game but don't allow the player's to usually see.)

No you are actually right, I'm fixing that now thanks for pointing it out.

Btw WalkThroughWalls is not recommended for this, I have mapped out nothing more than what is included in the beta.

@chrunch

There is now an IPS file attached to the first post for you.

----------------

I am still bug fixing, so if you have any problems please PM, VM or post them here so I can fix them.

If there is a substancial amount I'll be releasing Beta 1.2 later tomorrow.

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Great job on the Beta, Swift! I haven't finished it yet, will later tonight, but from what I've played it is very well done. You are a great scripter and the maps and tiles look superb.

Everyone... play this!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Great job on the Beta, Swift! I haven't finished it yet, will later tonight, but from what I've played it is very well done. You are a great scripter and the maps and tiles look superb.

Everyone... play this!

Thank you!

Just to let you all know, I have some important exams coming the next few weeks and so progress will be slow but hopefully steady. I'm also looking at the possibility of introducing some new tiles now I've taken up tiling myself, but this is unlikely to happen any time soon ><.

Also, thank you for those who voted in HOTW! Now that Sanctuary has it's first award under its belt I aspire to add some more to that collection :)

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    the beta was great! i personally liked the choice of pokemon at the beginning of the game based on a quiz. also, i believe if you play your cards right, this could be up next to the greats of PokeCommunity! good luck!

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    is the cave suppose to be in the current beta because it wouldn't let me enter...

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    i played the game and i liked the begining although when i left the cave and talked to the ranger from his right it froze the game and i neglected to catch any pokemon ever other than what i started with and it duplicated my only pokemon for the double battle, a few wall and ground errors and 1 or 2 grammatical errors but idc about that, good job i like it =)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    i played the game and i liked the begining although when i left the cave and talked to the ranger from his right it froze the game and i neglected to catch any pokemon ever other than what i started with and it duplicated my only pokemon for the double battle, a few wall and ground errors and 1 or 2 grammatical errors but idc about that, good job i like it =)

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll add in a clause to do two single battles instead of you only have one Pokémon.

Hey Swift How to rescue Emily

Excellent question :P Other people may have noticed that this bit is never explained as I missed it out ^^" It is now fixed for the new beta. If you mean WHERE in Hill Top Village, I suggest you try reading some books ;D ;D *subtle hint that hopefully isn't too subtle*.

Which is now here! Tada:

Beta 1.2 [APS] HERE

Beta 1.2 [IPS] (Attached)

Please note this is just a glitch-fixer and only fixes missing/incorrect scripts, it doesn't add any more to the gameplay.

Last edited:

Umbreon_

muwahh
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I'm downloading it right now~

I'll give comments later! : D

Right now I gotta play this! : 3

P.S: I just finished it, I think.

So it ends in North Gate?

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm downloading it right now~

I'll give comments later! : D

Right now I gotta play this! : 3

P.S: I just finished it, I think.

So it ends in North Gate?

Erm nope! Definitely not! XD You don't ever get to go into North Gate, it's not part of the Beta.

It ends when you have one badge.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Wow! This is Great! I love the ranger Training very much!
    Some palettes looks weird, or is it just me? Anyway The story is nice
    and i really wanted to play this now, But i cant :(
    Anyway, Hope to see more updates :)

Bennyboy04

Avid Hack Userer
    Years
    Issues

I'm finding myself with a bit of a difficulty in this hack
    Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm finding myself with a bit of a difficulty in this hack
    Spoiler:

Hmm in that case...:

Spoiler:

:D

Bennyboy04

Avid Hack Userer
    Years
    I'm just glad I spooted it *looks smug* :P

Oh and repect to the english hacking, makes me feel better about loving this game so far :D

Last edited:
    Back