• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: {HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    looks good but im not a goth... at least you got some good metal music in there. good luck;)

Thanks. :)

-hurls a bit-
    Your mapping needs work.
    To empty.
    Try posting in the mapping improvement thread?

I didn't think it was that bad. TwT
    I put the maps in for critiquing anyway, though. Constructive criticism is appreciated....T-T

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    im more less of a scene kid but ive always awanted to see something like this
    i dont know if you listen to them but the fall of troy, some of their music would fit excently in pokemon games
    i personally think"the adventures of allan gordon" would go nicly with like a ghost themed area of the story

either way, cant wait for the alpha , this is no lie, one of the most amazing things ive ever seen
    keep it up XD

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    im more less of a scene kid but ive always awanted to see something like this
    i dont know if you listen to them but the fall of troy, some of their music would fit excently in pokemon games
    i personally think"the adventures of allan gordon" would go nicly with like a ghost themed area of the story

either way, cant wait for the alpha , this is no lie, one of the most amazing things ive ever seen
    keep it up XD

Thank you so much! :D
    Yes, I have heard of The Fall of Troy, and love Reassurance Rests in the Sea and F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. I've thought about most bands people consider, but I think that the list may be concrete, sorry.

But I'm very glad you like it. :D
    You may see an alpha within the month. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I look forward to playing a pokemon/metal fusion
    But... I LOVE metal, and yet I don't listen to ANY of those bands listed (oh, besides Marylin, the Cure, and Slipknot)...
    If you could, would you please add some Deathcore/Melodeath bands?

If I may suggest a few:
    All Shall Perish (best band ever!!!) - Eradication, Wage Slaves
    For Today - Agape
    Whitechapel - Possession
    Suicide Silence - Unanswered, No Pity for a Coward
    Winds of Plague - One Body Too Many
    The Black Dahlia Murder - Everything Went Black
    And a band all emos, goths, hardcores, scenes, etc love: Alesana

I understand if you can't add (or won't like) any of these (honestly, how many goth people play pokemon?)
    Thank you for reading all that crap I just typed

I look forward to over 150 new fakemon

Noel

Ghost Pokemon Trainer.
    Years
    Maybe you can tell me how to put a support bar in my sig.. I tried and it either came up as a link or just a plain picture.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Why is their no Primus? This game could use a little Primus, in my oppinion.

But... I LOVE metal, and yet I don't listen to ANY of those bands listed (oh, besides Marylin, the Cure, and Slipknot)...

If I may suggest a few:
    For Today - Agape
    Whitechapel - Possession

I understand if you can't add (or won't like) any of these (honestly, how many goth people play pokemon?)

Well, I love your suggestions, but for now, the list I have is concrete. You know...maybe I might release a DLC pack of new songs as you cruise through? ehh....

Maybe you can tell me how to put a support bar in my sig.. I tried and it either came up as a link or just a plain picture.

Errrr.....I thought that might confuse people. Ok, I'm going to change the code.
    Now, just copy it as is into your sig, and delete all the *.

Noel

Ghost Pokemon Trainer.
    Years
    Alright cool. Looking forward to it. I'm cheering for you!!!

Spongye West

HG/SS=jizzinmypants
    Years
    Wow, this is pretty sweet, but it needs some Zelda reference.
    Like, emos I know LOVE NES and all that stuff, so like make some kind of sidequest island where you can fight Ganon and reference old school NES games, like Metroid, Megaman, Bubble Bobble, and if you're crazy enough, find a way to get some Abadox.
    That would rule.

Oh...and maybe some Fear Before. They rule.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Alright cool. Looking forward to it. I'm cheering for you!!!

Thanks! :3

Wow, this is pretty sweet, but it needs some Zelda reference.
    Like, emos I know LOVE NES and all that stuff, so like make some kind of sidequest island where you can fight Ganon and reference old school NES games, like Metroid, Megaman, Bubble Bobble, and if you're crazy enough, find a way to get some Abadox.
    That would rule.

Oh...and maybe some Fear Before. They rule.

Hmmmm.....well, I'm not sure. I would probably make it a small island that you get to as a side quest...maybe.

Maybe having DLC wouldn't be such a bad idea?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022

If I may suggest a few:
    For Today - Agape
    Whitechapel - Possession

That list pwns. Besides Alesana. They're frail. xD. Used to think they were alright, but eh. Btw, if you do decide to revise your list somewhat, "Romance Is Dead" - Parkway Drive would be epic in this. Or anything Don't Close Your Eyes-Killing With a Smile era I think would pwn in this. The Horizons stuff is too mid-tempo xD

BTW: Good job on HotW.

But I was supposed to win.

jk.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    That list pwns. Besides Alesana. They're frail. xD. Used to think they were alright, but eh. Btw, if you do decide to revise your list somewhat, "Romance Is Dead" - Parkway Drive would be epic in this. Or anything Don't Close Your Eyes-Killing With a Smile era I think would pwn in this. The Horizons stuff is too mid-tempo xD

BTW: Good job on HotW.

But I was supposed to win.

jk.

Thanks on HotW. :3

Now as for more suggested music...I'm getting the feeling people REALLY want other music. So, I'm probably going to either:
    a) release new betas with new places that incorporate new music
    b) re-release the game with different music
    or
    c) ignore everyone *shot*

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Thanks for the comment, zanny, Gratz to you too ^_^

I still think you got more votes though. *Chooses option a of last post*

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Thanks for the comment, zanny, Gratz to you too ^_^

I still think you got more votes though. *Chooses option a of last post*
    You're welcome. :3

BTW, those aren't for you to choose! *smack*

jk, you can choose if you want. :B

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Nice hack. I love the music choices :)

By the way, on the first map you posted, on the stairs, there is massive tiles errors. You used the stair tiles with the shadows on the left, on the far left has a shadow on the left (use the other stair tiles for the other ones)

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Nice hack. I love the music choices :)

By the way, on the first map you posted, on the stairs, there is massive tiles errors. You used the stair tiles with the shadows on the left, on the far left has a shadow on the left (use the other stair tiles for the other ones)
    OK, good catch. :) Thanks.

EDIT: AdvanceMap open as you post = Win. :3

UPDATE TIME!

Well, I tied with PlatinumPiano (Messenger of Peace) for 1st in Hack of the Week. :3
    *Insert shiny award here*
    {HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black

:3

I love how much it contrasts Messenger of Peace's.

In other news....

New OWs!!
    I'm too lazy to put them up now...but there are now OWs for the hero, heroine, and the Happy Pawns! :D

Progress = :D

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatniumPiano

Years
    Haha I like your award! It has geetars! What progress have you made recently and when am I to be expecting a beta ^_^

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Haha I like your award! It has geetars! What progress have you made recently and when am I to be expecting a beta ^_^
    Well, OWs for the hero/heroine have officially been inserted. Also, I have some tilesets to insert, but that includes the route and indoor sets. :)
    Expect a beta....sometime in either July or August.

PlatniumPiano

Years
    Well, OWs for the hero/heroine have officially been inserted. Also, I have some tilesets to insert, but that includes the route and indoor sets. :)
    Expect a beta....sometime in either July or August.

Do you have pics you can put up of the hero/heroine ows?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back