• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: {HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    The story revolves around this "Mystic Legendary Pokemon" that will save the region when peace, love, and happiness engulf the region, but currently, I haven't created the Pokemon yet. :\
    It could be Darkrai, 'cause he looks like an emo/goth and also behaves like one ("THIS GARDEN IS EVERYONE'S":tired:). Anyway, this hack looks depressing fun. How are you going to turn real-life songs into midis and insert them in a gba game?

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    *Magic anti-double-post powers activated*

Enter: The main characters.

{HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black

Their names? Well....I'll leave that up to you guys. :D
    And if you don't come up with anything I like, I'll just use the names I have in my head. :)
    Schools finally out, BTW, so yes, I have ALL SUMMER FREE TO WORK ON THIS.
    I think I'll actually do some work and get these guys' OWs in and maybe even change the Oak sprite in the intro!

Also, I know this is crazy....but I might even SCRIPT THE 1ST TOWN!!!!!

Woh, over-achiever here. :D

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
    Great trainersprites! I actually like the plot of this game:3
    I'm not gothic, but I think when you can put good and funny texts in it, I'ld really look forward to this!

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Great trainersprites! I actually like the plot of this game:3
    I'm not gothic, but I think when you can put good and funny texts in it, I'ld really look forward to this!
    Thanks! Glad you like the plot.
    I know that not everyone is goth, but I'm going to try and make this appeal to all walks of life...unless you actually like Hannah Montana and that stuff.....>:{

Years
    Interesting

I have to say this is a very interesting hack. I'm not a fan of the storyline that much.(I'm not goth or emo but am a die hard metalhead \m/) It's not a bad storyine though. It looks interesting as I said and am looking forward to it. :)

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    looks awesome
    GO HEAVY METAL ^_^

I have to say this is a very interesting hack. I'm not a fan of the storyline that much.(I'm not goth or emo but am a die hard metalhead \m/) It's not a bad storyine though. It looks interesting as I said and am looking forward to it. :)

Like I said, I'm trying to appeal to everyone here. I, myself, am a die-hard metalhead, but have respect for goths (which some of my good friends are) and punks (I was raised on punk).

So, I know the emos probably won't like entering a city and hearing DevilDriver, and metalheads probably won't like entering a city and hearing AFI, but who knows?

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    i always pause the sound cuz i play it faster then normal cuz im easily bored with walking,
    but for this game, im going to play it just for the amazing music
    kudos :)

That's quite a complement. Thanks, and rock on. :D

hey when you finished making 76 fakemons is that included back sprite and also icon or just the front sprite? oh yeah, good luck making this game ;)

Er.....that means just concept art. D:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    76 sounds like a big deal of goth/hardcore/emo fakemon. Will they be totally new species, or you're going to make Evs/Pre-Evs of known pokemon? I can already imagine Luvdisc evolving into a blood-feasting tarrot vampyre!

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    76 sounds like a big deal of goth/hardcore/emo fakemon. Will they be totally new species, or you're going to make Evs/Pre-Evs of known pokemon? I can already imagine Luvdisc evolving into a blood-feasting tarrot vampyre!
    76 is just the number of fakemon I've already created!
    There are going to be 151 or 152 BRAND-NEW FAKEMON.
    The only Pokemon that could possibly (and it's still a doubt) end up in here is Gardevoir as a kind of connection thing in a dream, but that's it.

I may also make a non-Fakemon version of this...but the chance is VERY slim.

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Haha.
    I like the hero/heroines.
    Very interesting idea. :]

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Seems like progress is moving along nicely for you. I would offer to help, but I have a load of sprites to work on and possibly some more if Goodies needs them. I'll post again if I can help. Good Luck and I applaude you for not giving up and doing all this by yourself. *clap clap*

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Haha.
    I like the hero/heroines.
    Very interesting idea. :]

Seems like progress is moving along nicely for you. I would offer to help, but I have a load of sprites to work on and possibly some more if Goodies needs them. I'll post again if I can help. Good Luck and I applaude you for not giving up and doing all this by yourself. *clap clap*
    Well...progress has slowed a little, as I've been sick all week, although I may be better by Monday. :D
    But nonetheless, there is progress, and even have someone who may do some sprites. Thanks for the offer though! :)

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    That is a mighty impressive list of songs... The only thing I would complain about is the lack of classic rock... :/ Can you imagine how awesome it would be walking through a desert with Kashmir playing in the background?

Good luck with it a rock on! \,,/

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    That is a mighty impressive list of songs... The only thing I would complain about is the lack of classic rock... :/ Can you imagine how awesome it would be walking through a desert with Kashmir playing in the background?

Good luck with it a rock on! \,,/
    Hmm...I was thinking that....but I want to avoid deserts.

On the fact of classic rock, I will be incorporating some, don't worry...but just how is under wraps. XD

Also, taking off from the fact that NO ONE has replied with names, I take it you don't want to name the hero/heroine and just want to set it in the style you always have?

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    BIG UPDATE!!!!! *activates anti-double post deletion powers*

So, I have decided to upload all the maps for the world to see. :) Unfortunately, that means I may actually get done with the maps and have to start scripting...TwT

But yea. I will be adding in some tilesets, so a few of them won't be uploaded for a while. Just relax, and enjoy the new maps. 8)

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    looks good but im not a goth... at least you got some good metal music in there. good luck;)

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    -hurls a bit-
    Your mapping needs work.
    To empty.
    Try posting in the mapping improvement thread?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back