• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hourglasshero Fakemon Art!

Hourglasshero

General Concepts' Designer
Years
  • Hourglasshero's Art Thread
    bannerrrr.png

Hello guys! This is Hourglasshero from dA! I decided to make a thread here posting my latest work! Please give all the critique you wish, but stay nice ;)
    A little info about me; I am from Greece and I am a huge Pokemon fan!
    I started making Fakemon since I can remember and a year ago I decided to try making them digitally. For those who want to see my first works plz do say so, you'll notice a huge difference, I guarantee it! I am currently working on Pokemon Ametrine as the Main Concept Designer (Fakemon and stuff) and on Pokemon Forever Lost, you might find me in the credits of other games too...

bannerrrr.png

MY DIGITAL ART
    Now, this is some of my digital art, click on them for full size!

From left to right, Stendup, Kokono, a bug line made for Blazeknight and Flochar.

bannerrrr.png

MY PIXEL ART
    This is my pixel art! Mainly trainers, as you can see!

Happy_Birthdayzzz__3_by_HourglassHero.png
    Grass_Power_by_HourglassHero.png
    Rock_Star_by_HourglassHero.png
    lauren_by_hourglasshero-d2z9t80.png

bannerrrr.png

MY SCENERIES
    These are the sceneries I made, containing one of Ametrine΄s gyms, and two new Eeveelutions! Click for full size.

bannerrrr.png

Well, that was it for now! I hope you like my work!
    Greets,
    HourglassHero

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2013
    *_*
    You already know what i think about your works. In very few months you improved that much that i would not believe that if i haven't kept watching you all the time.
    Stunning.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Hey Haritos, glad to see your work up, but I'm just going to need to move your gallery over to the "Art Gallery" as this section is for graphic design and photography. Your digital art will be better suited to the aforementioned mentioned section. Keep up the fantastic work though, I've always been a huge huge fan of your work.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Wow, those are really good and look like they could easily be real pokemon! :O

I especially like the full bug line. :D

Hourglasshero

Years
  • Wow, those are really good and look like they could easily be real pokemon! :O

I especially like the full bug line. :D

U think so???
    Thanks so much!
    I will try to update the thread as frequently as possible....

I will improve more! ;)

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Wow, Haritos.
    These are amazing! You've certainly done an amazing job with all of these.
    Keep up the good work. :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Simply amazing artwork! :cer_disbelief: My faves are the pieces of Gym Leader Colette and the Fakemon Banuquefly; those pics could pass for actual Sugimori artwork, IMO! :D I actually came across your Banquefly artwork on DeviantArt earlier this week while I was browsing Blazeknight's sprite gallery there.

Along with highlighting the vibrant and intriguing colors of Banquefly, you also managed to make Colette even more cute/hotter, which makes me like her even more (she currently is my favorite Garnet Gym Leader so far)! :cer_love: I wouldn't mind if you made more outstanding Garnet Gym Leader/Fakemon artwork or continued artwork on Blazeknight's sprites...! Keep up the excellent work! :cer_nod:

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2011
    Very nice, I especially like the worcel line, it's a great concept and I feel that you captured the sprites very well in your artwork.

Years
  • Hey, I saw you over on Deviant Art and really liked your stuff. I don't remember if I favorited any of it, but it definitely caught my eye!

The only criticism I would have would be for the Gym Leader. The black line surrounding her is REALLY thick. I think if you took that line and made it thinner, the picture would look a lot better.

Other than that, you have a great style! Keep up the good work!

Hourglasshero

Years
  • Hey, I saw you over on Deviant Art and really liked your stuff. I don't remember if I favorited any of it, but it definitely caught my eye!

The only criticism I would have would be for the Gym Leader. The black line surrounding her is REALLY thick. I think if you took that line and made it thinner, the picture would look a lot better.

Other than that, you have a great style! Keep up the good work!

yeah it is a bit thick but i did it on purpose to define it more.... the next trainer i am gonna make i ll try to make the lineart less thick!
    Stay tuned i will try to improve more!
    and thanks so much for the tip! :D :D

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Huh?! Where did Colette go?!?! *gaspgaspgasp* :cer_cry:

I love your new Sugimori-style artwork and pixel artwork! :D Flochar reminds me of Shibibiru (and looks less startled/awkward, as well)!
    Spr_5b_603.png

I like your guitarist and current avatar sprites as well; they look like potential Gym Leaders! I can't wait to see the next Trainer/Leader you do Sugimori line artwork with! :)

Last edited:

Hourglasshero

Years
  • Huh?! Where did Colette go?!?! *gaspgaspgasp* :cer_cry:

I love your new Sugimori-style artwork and pixel artwork! :D Flochar reminds me of Shibibiru (and looks less startled/awkward, as well)!
    Spr_5b_603.png

I like your guitarist and current avatar sprites as well; they look like potential Gym Leaders! I can't wait to see the next Trainer/Leader you do Sugimori line artwork with! :)

i will repost Colette later among with some other Gym leader fanart!

About the sprites the ones u mentioned are actually gym leaders(well the the guitarist is an elite 4 for Pokemon Saturn)....

i have other sprites too i will probably post them later! :D
    Thanks so much about the positive feedback! :D :D
    I will try to improve! :P

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • i will repost Colette later among with some other Gym leader fanart!

About the sprites the ones u mentioned are actually gym leaders(well the the guitarist is an elite 4 for Pokemon Saturn)....

i have other sprites too i will probably post them later! :D
    Thanks so much about the positive feedback! :D :D
    I will try to improve! :P

Phew! *breathes sigh of relief* Nice...I eagerly anticipate the upcoming artwork for the Gym Leaders, then! :cer_boogie: Keep up the great work!

Hourglasshero

Years
  • yo_ho_ho_the_viking_ship_by_hourglasshero-d315ndb.png

God i love this! :D :D
    The name is Beauness, it is the evo of Flochar!
    Based on a viking ship!

Tell what u guyz think!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • That's cool and I like the concept of it. :D

Even if you didn't say it was based on a viking ship, you would still be able to tell it was based off some kind of ship with the way it looks. :D

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • yo_ho_ho_the_viking_ship_by_hourglasshero-d315ndb.png

God i love this! :D :D
    The name is Beauness, it is the evo of Flochar!
    Based on a viking ship!

Tell what u guyz think!

Awesome Pokemon design! It looks like a neo-Lapras of sorts. Additionally, even though Flochar looks similar to Shibibiru, I'm glad you made this Pokemon's design vastly different from Shibirudon! :D
    Spr_5b_604.png

Is Beauness a dual-type or just a pure Water-type? Looks to me like its either Water-type, Water/Flying with LightningRod ability, Water/Psychic,or Water/Steel...? :\

Back