• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Aggressive in Music have you gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    What is the most aggressive music you either listen to or have heard?
    all the stuff that I used to feel was very "brutal" while providing some easy listening is no longer at all even remotely the same. I go to sleep to it now with ease. call me an adrenaline junky or whatever, but I love the rush that extreme music gives.

I am wondering if there is anything out there more aggressive than black or death metal, or at least something that exceeds your basic stuff like: Behemoth, Whitechapel, Zyklon, Heaven Shall Burn, ect.

not expecting much here, since almost no one else I know likes the stuff and they just consider it noise, but to me it is very melodic... >.> But I figured what the heck, a conversation topic... :D

Last edited:

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    The heaviest I get is probably In Flames or Devildriver. Really heavy stuff but with a flair for melody and the ability to intersperse clean singing and such. Ah, otherwise I think Underoath would fit the "aggressive" mold as well--just in a slightly different way.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    not expecting much here, since almost no one else I know likes the stuff and they just consider it noise, but to me it is very melodic... >.> But I figured what the heck, a conversation topic... :D

That's exactly what I think anything heavy is. To me, heavy sound is nothing more than noise that needs to be turned off and the screaming needs to just stop, k. Singing lessons are out there for a reason. It's like,.. I could go up on a stage, start screaming and running around as if I were a behemoth, and that would be get me into a record deal. If that were really the case, my brother, who's only 10, would have a record deal and be the biggest thing in the world since canned bread. Seems rather logical to me.

But to answer your question, as I've stated, the furthest I came from listening to anything heavy would be Linkin Park. That's the heaviest I can get without having to plug my ears with cotton balls.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    That's exactly what I think anything heavy is. To me, heavy sound is nothing more than noise that needs to be turned off and the screaming needs to just stop, k. Singing lessons are out there for a reason. It's like,.. I could go up on a stage, start screaming and running around as if I were a behemoth, and that would be get me into a record deal. If that were really the case, my brother, who's only 10, would have a record deal and be the biggest thing in the world since canned bread. Seems rather logical to me.

But to answer your question, as I've stated, the furthest I came from listening to anything heavy would be Linkin Park. That's the heaviest I can get without having to plug my ears with cotton balls.

I used to agree with that mindset Aura but take a listen into this following song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Q_w74GHHk

It's called "Dead End" by In Flames. Listen to it for about a minute maybe and maybe see if your idea changes a bit.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I stopped listening at 0:39. Any further and I think my ears would have bled.

Come on, really? The lead singer (female) in that song could destroy any pop singer as far as range and such. I guess it's just difference of opinion. But screaming is not easy. If you can scream to that caliber on stage for 45 minutes than you deserve that contract. But most kids who think screaming is easy will quite literally tear up their throat by the end of one song.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Come on, really? The lead singer (female) in that song could destroy any pop singer as far as range and such.

That was the only part I liked. When that screaming came in, I'm sorry, but I just couldn't go on listening. A few seconds ago, I skimmed through that video and they were still screaming. I could only hear the lead singer in small parts every now and then, which is sad.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    That was the only part I liked. When that screaming came in, I'm sorry, but I just couldn't go on listening. A few seconds ago, I skimmed through that video and they were still screaming. I could only hear the lead singer in small parts every now and then, which is sad.

It's understood (there should be an emblem for lightning fast replies because my goodness, you're fast) it is an acquired taste I suppose.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Sorry, but screaming is not music if you can't understand the lyrics or sing along then where is the melody, how do you get into a song that just screams ?

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Sorry, but screaming is not music if you can't understand the lyrics or sing along then where is the melody, how do you get into a song that just screams ?

The same way people get into music that is just instrumental. Most of the times you can understand the lyrics to a screamo song and half the time they aren't bad at all you just have to make an adjustment. The human voice is the most expressive instrument we'll ever have and you can really show passion be it in screaming, singing, talking, or whatever.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    The same way people get into music that is just instrumental. Most of the times you can understand the lyrics to a screamo song and half the time they aren't bad at all you just have to make an adjustment. The human voice is the most expressive instrument we'll ever have and you can really show passion be it in screaming, singing, talking, or whatever.

Most people take screaming as anger or someone being frighten not a way to sooth them. Yes I know the teenage mind is usually set on "Man my parents don't understand" in which they turn to the music that drowns out there sadness not make it better.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Most people take screaming as anger or someone being frighten not a way to sooth them. Yes I know the teenage mind is usually set on "Man my parents don't understand" in which they turn to the music that drowns out there sadness not make it better.

That's very true but most of those "emo" teens go to stuff like Panic! At the Disco and The Shins and The Academy Is, or at least from what I've seen.

Years
    The 'heaviest' I get in terms of rock is probably Celldweller or Lostprophets, with a notable exception in Rage Against The Machine. I.e. not heavy at all, by most standards. Screamo stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    The 'heaviest' I get in terms of rock is probably Celldweller or Lostprophets, with a notable exception in Rage Against The Machine. I.e. not heavy at all, by most standards. Screamo stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

Lost Prophets is an excellent choice.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Ok Panic at The Disco, more understandable than the metal music I heard, but then again there not a metal band.

To answer the question the furthest I went was Simple Plan, but I think I rather hear when I'm thirty than be tone death.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Turmion Kätilöt, which pretty much falls off the end of the aggress-o-scale.

Most people take screaming as anger or someone being frighten not a way to sooth them.
    We don't all listen to music to sooth us. I find metal invokes more of a fighting spirit than anything, and being the belligerent type, I like that.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Well in my humblest of opinions, the heavier the better. I listen to a lot of hardcore metal and I just think it's absolutely fantastic. The complexity of the guitars and the incredible power behind the vocals is really amazing. I don't expect everyone to like my music. Heck, I expect most people to hate it. But it's my music, and it's what makes me happy. It's the kind of music that helps me understand theory as a whole (Yes, metalcore has real notes and real melodies) and if I hear a song I like, I'll learn it on my guitar. Screaming is just a part of the whole genre...And I suppose it takes a trained ear to enjoy it. I'm actually happy the more people don't listen to metalcore. It's something that makes me unique =D

That's very objective....millions of people consider hardcore metal great music. Like I said, it's all up to personal preference, and it takes a different kind of taste to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Heavy stuff is alright if it's well-done, but more often than not it isn't which is why I usually don't listen to it. I'm not really an aggressive guy when it comes to musical choice, I like calmer stuff.

EDIT: Heaviest I've listened to is Iron Maiden.

And I misread the first post, I wasn't spamming >_>

Last edited:
    Years
    I used to agree with that mindset Aura but take a listen into this following song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Q_w74GHHk

It's called "Dead End" by In Flames. Listen to it for about a minute maybe and maybe see if your idea changes a bit.

Thanks for showing me this song. It's amazing.

@topic
    I pretty often listen to Metal but it's not that I only listen to it. Calm songs are ok as well.
    As I was asked to do Ill list some examples...
    Children of Bodom - Downfall
    Equilbrium - Blut im Auge
    Deathstars - Blitzkrieg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back