• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How can I edit this ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    Hey everyone, I started to edit my ROM with Spiky's DS Map Editor 1.8.1 (Pok?mon Soul Silver)

I have no errors but I would like to know how to modify this part of the script :
    PlayFanfare 0x5DC
    LockAll
    FacePlayer
    PlayCry 0x82 0x0
    Message 0x0
    WaitCry
    CloseMessageOnKeyPress
    SetFlag 0xA4
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]LegendaryBattle 0x82 0x1E 0x100[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    ClearFlag 0xA4
    CheckLost 0x800C
    If 0x800C 0x0
    CompareLastResultJump EQUAL Function_#1
    02AB 0x4002
    If 0x4002 0x3
    CompareLastResultJump EQUAL Function_#2
    If 0x4002 0x4
    CompareLastResultCall EQUAL Function_#3
    CheckFlag 0xC9
    CompareLastResultJump EQUAL Function_#4
    SetVar 0x8004 0x1DE
    SetVar 0x8005 0x1
    GiveItem 0x8004 0x8005 0x800C
    If 0x800C 0x0
    CompareLastResultJump EQUAL Function_#5
    CallStandard 0xF1 0x7
    SetFlag 0xC9
    ClearFlag 0x28A
    CloseMessageOnKeyPress
    ReleaseAll
    End

I would like to modify this "Legendary Battle" to change the level of the Gyarados or even change the Pok?mon

I do not know if I should post it here but I need to know if I have to use some software to know the data to modify (here: 0x82 0x1E 0x100)

Unfortunately, I can not find any tutorial to edit scripts like this with Spiky's DS Map Editor

I thank you for your help or to redirect me to a solution that I have not seen

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So the "0x" prefix there means those numbers are in hexadecimal, so you'll probably want to convert them to decimal first. If you're on windows you can do that using the built-in calculator set to programmer mode.

For example, in your script, 0x82 = 130 which is Gyarados's species/Pokedex/index number. Changing this will change which Pokemon the script spawns. 0x1E = 30, which is the Pokemon's level. I'm not sure what the last byte does; it might be what makes it shiny. Try changing it and see what happens to be sure.

You can just change those numbers directly using SDSME, though you might need to mash the save button a bit before it actually saves the changes; it's pretty buggy.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    By the way, when I modify the script and save it, then I go back to script #1 (script #2 is the one I'm editing) and I go back to script #2 : nothing was saved. The worst is when I change the script (from n?938 to n?939 for example) : all the scripts of the n?938 have been erased

Back