• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How can I have the player select a specific pokemon and then use only that Pokemon for a certain amount of time?

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2022
    I'm looking to make a minigame where the trainer plays as one of their party members navigating though a Pokemon Den mini-dungeon. For example, I would like to have the player bring an Ekans to a Rattata Den and play as the Ekans crawling through the Den and battling the Rattata living inside.

I know that I can change the players outfit so that they look like the Ekans, but I have no idea how to make it so that the player can only battle using the Ekans.

Additionally if you have any creative work arounds this, such as suggesting a change in how the mini-game works, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen today
    I mean, you can just save the trainer's party to a variable or something, delete the party, and then generate an Ekans and give it to the player to serve as their party. Then once the event is over, give the trainer back the party that was previously saved.

Most of the methods you'd want to use here already exist in the Debug tools, so you can just copy those. Depending on how elaborate this mini game is, you may also want to check out how the Bug Catching contest works, since that's a similar game where the player's entire party is stored and they are only allowed to carry one Pokemon.

Back