• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Can I Make a Professor Script?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    I am starting on a Pokemon Rom Hack and I need help making a proper professor script. The Oak one does not work for me. How can I program one properly?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    What exactly do you want this script to do? Is it just an NPC who talks and gives you a Pokédex? Giving the Pokédex is a simple matter of setting a flag or two (I don't remember which off the top of my head, but it's listed in lots of places, shouldn't be too hard to find) and everything else is basic scripting. This thread covers almost everything you need to know, you should definitely read it if you haven't already.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I was actually hoping to get help with the professor script when the game first starts and he is explaining pokemon to you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I was actually hoping to get help with the professor script when the game first starts and he is explaining pokemon to you.
    In that case, you can use Advance Text or a hex editor to edit the text, and unLZ to replace Oak's sprite with a custom one. You can also use this tool to edit everything else.

Back