• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can Pokemon live inside Pokeballs?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Its raining remakes from my end :P. This is one, of another Old Thread.

Ever wondered how Pokemon manage to fit into Pokeballs?

Can u imagine huge Pokemon like Gyarados, Wailord, Milotic or the Alola Exeggutor "living" in those tiny Pokeballs.

What are ur views?

Pika Pika :chu:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Ya, that's the theory, which does make some sense.

But then, how do Pokemon appear instantly, as soon as a Trainer throws a Pokeball & even before that, how does a Trainer always know, which Pokemon is inside which Pokeball, I mean they all (Pokeballs i.e.) look more or less the same ~_~.

Years
  • Like Colours said the most reasonable theory is that Pokemon are turned into energy/data whenever they are returned to their Pokeball.

how does a Trainer always know, which Pokemon is inside which Pokeball, I mean they all (Pokeballs i.e.) look more or less the same ~_~.

I've always had a hard time understanding this too, I mean the trainers instantly know which Pokemon is inside a specific Pokeball. I mean I guess they could always keep the balls in a specific order and memorize them but still...

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Exactly, I mean in the heat of battle, u can forget things right, but I've hardly ever seen a "wrong" Pokemon released out of its Pokeball.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Exactly, I mean in the heat of battle, u can forget things right, but I've hardly ever seen a "wrong" Pokemon released out of its Pokeball.

Even I've never been able to get that. i've never seen trainers mark their pokeballs and they choose a random pokeball, they don't even look at the one they are choosing, so how do they know it has the exact pokemon they want to send out?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    My thought is that the Pokemon are converted into energy when inside the Pokeball, since they come out when called upon in a beam of energy/light.

I've wondered too how to trainers know which ball goes to which Pokemon. There's never seemed to be anyway to distinguish them. I guess they just remember which order they have them in on their belt or whereever on their person they're being carried. For Misty though she always just kept them in her bag, and I don't remember seeing anything that she used to distinguish them. I guess there could be some type of marking that we don't see on the balls, or perhaps the trainer can see the Pokemon's silhouette somewhere on the ball?

Years
  • Even if trainers mark their Pokeballs they'd still have to remember the markings and again it increases the chances of making mistakes, so that's not a kewl idea i guess

Guest123_x1

I always thought that Pokémon had genetic makeups or some other properties that allowed them to turn into "vapor" that could then be stored in an object potentially smaller than 1/100th the size of its contents.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Here are some interesting theories about how Pokemon live inside Pokeballs:

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    From the above post I'm thinking it's more data personally. There's no other way for it to logically happen imo. Like the data is encrypted or something and creates the illusion of a memory of a perfect world. Dunno.

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
  • I'll agree with the data stuff and also say something completely crazy... maybe they just get transferred to a portable dimension with all the stuff they need while still being connected to the real world. Welp a bit more like the ideal environment stuff.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • A simulated, ideal environment seems to be the most logical theory. But if that's so, how does a Pokemon appear instantly, when a Pokeball is released, I mean if it was in the said "ideal" environment, it could have been doing anything there I mean eating, sleeping etc, how come its always battle-ready (mostly) or alert when brought into the "real" environment?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well, in the manga it looks like they're shrunk. You can actually see them inside. In the anime it's just a beam of light. In the game they just pop out. So...possibly all????

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    I lovee the energy theory.
    I love the idea of Pokemon actually being energy, and the ball is a space that they can be stored. Like, energy doesn't need to eat, etc. like, I believe we all have souls and stuff, so that theory really resonates. :)

クリスタル

The Pokemon Observer
    Years
  • Personally, I would say it is the combination of data theory and ideal environment theory.

Though, the "ideal environment" of ideal environment theory is quite absurd for pokemons, because pokemons are more animal-like hence don't live a human-like life style. They need an environment suits to their needs, not an environment suits to human needs.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Okay, here's a crash course in quantum physics. Every trait an atom has is called a charge, from magnetism to color to spin (don't ask). With what's called "quantum entanglement" you can convert all of these charges into data to be moved from one place to another. As you may have guessed, this is quantum teleportation, and it has been successfully used to teleport a small amount of hydrogen. Since the mater was converted to data, you could put it in a buffer and make it a computer file. That is what happens in the Pokeball. That's why a Pokemon can't die inside the Pokeball, because its state at the time it entered the Pokeball has been saved.

And because I can't resist: Donna Noble has left The Library. Donna Noble has been saved.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • The ideal environment theory still seems to be more believable than Pokemon being turned into data energy. But if that's how it goes, u can't blame Pikachu for not wanting to go inside his Pokeball (in the anime :P).

Back