• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can Pokemon live inside such small Pokeballs?

Years
  • I'd imagine what it'd be like living inside a Poke Ball, but as said by our wise Brendan above the Pokemon gets converted into energy when they go back inside a Poke Ball. The anime however, did give us a bit of an inside view thanks to a moment with Iris's super-disobedient Dragonite.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2016
    It was always my impression that Pokemon turned into chargeable light energy when they went back into their Pokeballs, like some living battery, that could be re-energized and placed on a "charger" (I have the image of the Pokecenter setting the Pokeballs on a tray-like thing)!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Maybe this one will work for you, then?

I think the option of a living world in a Poke Ball is pretty cool, though it seems a lot more believeable that the Pokemon is just turned into energy/data, as awful as that may sound. And if that's the case, I don't blame Pikachu for now wanting to go in his Poke Ball!

That's awesome! Thanks :P

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
    Years
  • The Red Ray Shrinnks it and The white ray makes it grow they probaly just sit in their and do nothing or get tranceported to their ideal enviroment. I also heard that they are tranceported to a City where all the domesticated pokemon inside their pokeballs go to and hang out (I know Right LOL).

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I think the option of a living world in a Poke Ball is pretty cool, though it seems a lot more believeable that the Pokemon is just turned into energy/data, as awful as that may sound. And if that's the case, I don't blame Pikachu for now wanting to go in his Poke Ball!

I'll have to agree on that one!

Pika Pika :chu:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Living in a pokeball would be fun just i hope it isnt super cramped in their or restrictive plus the pokemon really dont mind but having such a gianormous pokemon living in a pokeball warrants other ideas like if pokemon can fit in then mountains and oceans could be a strong possibility or multiple pokemon in one pokeball that has several chambers

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Living in a pokeball would be fun just i hope it isnt super cramped in their or restrictive plus the pokemon really dont mind but having such a gianormous pokemon living in a pokeball warrants other ideas like if pokemon can fit in then mountains and oceans could be a strong possibility or multiple pokemon in one pokeball that has several chambers

It's standard Pokemon law that only one Pokemon can fit in one Pokeball, though.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Arceus' magic.

Arceus can make pokeballs or does he infuse each one with magic ?

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Standern law everyones seems to believe but always exceptions and rare cases of new and obscure ways that maybe havnt been revealed i.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Thats a good idea but everythink is composed of matter so a pokeball should be able to capture anythink then

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • Thats a good idea but everythink is composed of matter so a pokeball should be able to capture anythink then

In the anime canon, it is possible to catch things other than Pokemon (Ash has caught rice balls on a few occasions), however, the game canon is fairly inconsistent and nonsensical at times. There is probably a deeper science behind Pokeballs that we can understand. In all reality, Pokeballs don't make sense.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • In the anime canon, it is possible to catch things other than Pokemon (Ash has caught rice balls on a few occasions), however, the game canon is fairly inconsistent and nonsensical at times. There is probably a deeper science behind Pokeballs that we can understand. In all reality, Pokeballs don't make sense.

A deeper meaning that should be more explain and thanks for telling me about the rice balls i don't get enough of a chance to watch everythink and never have seen that before.

Thanks again

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2019
    I've been thinking about how when the trainer THROWS the Pokeball, and the pokemon comes out, they battle, but then the trainer has the pokeball again. Like, dude, you just chucked that thing seven feet. When did you go pick it up?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    I've been thinking about how when the trainer THROWS the Pokeball, and the pokemon comes out, they battle, but then the trainer has the pokeball again. Like, dude, you just chucked that thing seven feet. When did you go pick it up?

In the Pokemon Adventures Manga, Pokeballs tend to simply jump straight back to the hand; this has been done in the anime as well. Perhaps part of the "Pokemon License" that the anime talks about includes getting magnetic implants in your palms that correspond to the Pokeball's signature! Stranger things have happened* :P

*Like Pokeballs themselves, for example.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    This has probably already been said, but I read somewhere about a theory saying the inside of a Pokeball is lined with a reflective surface. When a Pokemon is called to a Pokeball, the Pokemon is converted to light energy and this energy just continuously reflects. When the ball opens, the energy reflects out and converts back to matter. This takes some seriously sci-fi tech! Converting mass into energy is not everyday stuff

Explodinator

Yours truly
    Years
  • One particular episode of the cartoon show answered it in my mind. It was a rather early one, I believe it was the one where Misty caught Psyduck, because at the end of the episode, it zooms in on the pokeball and shows Psyduck just standing inside, he looks confused and says the memorable and inspirational quote that we are all familiar with, that being "PsyiYIIIE!"

Back