• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Can We Jumpstart the RP Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • Gee...pop out from the forums to get some sleep and everyone else goes on a posting spree. Awesome. ^-^

Anyways...

On the naming thing: yeah, it does need a name but I'm terrible with those so I'm open to suggestions on that front. Also, speaking of names...I'm surprised that no-one picked up on a funny little acronym that can be formed from one of the names in the plot, that means I can make a lame IC joke about it later, yay! x3

As for classifications: I'd say stick to Jyukai's judgment for now; they seem fine to me. But hey, I'm a teacher on that list so you all knew I'd support it...

Oh, and concerning pictures...since several people seem to have some issues with that. My problem is with people who go: "Well, he/she looks like this: *Insert a huge anime picture that has been ripped off from Anime Nation here*", or even worse: "He/she looks like *Insert picture again* except...". If the picture doesn't even look like the character, why post it for Feebas' sake?! <_< I mean, that kind of appearance field not only makes it hard on the other RPers who'll have to describe the picture rather than taking a ready-to-go written description (As the written portion is basically always weaker when there's a picture) but it also makes the sign-up look really cluttered and rushed. If you have permission from the artist then it's okay, but huge, ripped pictures (often of dubious quality) replacing proper writing just make me want to scream. >_<

Also, 7ths: don't take it the wrong way, there's a lot of fun RPing options for RP characters completely new to the academy that the others don't have access to (such as being completely clueless about how the whole thing works, and all those funny first contact with magic and learning how to cast posts); you're privileged, you lucky people, so make the most of it. x3

And...well, we could have a separate sign-up thread too, I guess (Yay for doing it fully Serebii style); whatever you people think will be most convenient. ^-^

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    SIG-Sauer P226 chambered in .40 S&W.

*copy paste*

xD;

We should have at least one indication that it's a school/learning RP in the title, or the first post.

I'm really bad at names too. >.< Uhhhh... Nnnn.... *brain power! GO!*

Yeah I got nothing. It's hard for me to think of a name for a plot that I didn't write...

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
  • I think that we may actually need a Year 6...For people with terrible grammar skills, and Uber Bad RP skills.

Good call, I mean, there are some really bad posts out there, take this one for example:

rexejon saws on the top of the clock tower.
    he saw a man with one wing, a sort of a one winged angel.
    the man sayd: so you feel my dark power i feel yours to and i gonna destroy you.
    rexejon answerd:so you are sephiroth the man who kills everybody who stands in his way. i heard about you from cloud, he is a good friend of mine.
    sephiroth:so you know cloud, now you really gonna die dark one.
    rexejon: no way i gonna lose from you.

sephiroth takes his sword and goes in to attack and rexejon avoid the hit with no energy cost and takes blood nobody,s heart. and they fight and fight.

Awful, isn't it? What about his next one?

when i had defeated sephiroth. i feld a power from the woods. a sort of neutral power. and goes to the woods. i got attacked from two sides from dragoon en berserker nobody,s. uhm what i shall do give them a heart and be my party or destroy them uhm difficult choice ok chosen he get his blood nobody,s heart and attacked the 100 dragoons and 200 berserkers

I don't need to explain to you how bad that is, that is 6th grade level... (And if we were true enough, we'd call that 5th grade level)

Anyway, if you want a name, how about just name it after the school?

'Riven Academy of Thaumaturgical Science'

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Mmmm, but that kind of post isn't allowed. Where'd you find it? I shall do away with it at once.

I see that Anagram you were talking about AE. "RATS"

xD

Anyway, if a year 6 is imminent, that'll depend on who joins. You can always get demoted or promoted. Depends on your diligence, right?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Ooh. Jyukai just got told.

But why would we need a year six if all the bad peoples are on other sites?

*double checks roleplays and sees all the random nubs who sign-up but never get accepted*

Oh.... point taken.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
  • Ooh. Jyukai just got told.

But why would we need a year six if all the bad peoples are on other sites?

*double checks roleplays and sees all the random nubs who sign-up but never get accepted*

Oh.... point taken.

Yes, we got quite a few of them in star in the sky...

ok well im joining now.
    name: Alex
    Pokemon to be: Chimchar
    description: Alex is a young trainer with blonde hair and wears a blue vest and jeans. he also wears a blue pokemon cap. he has dark eyes and wears his cap down over his head a lot of the time. He wears Blue DC sneakers and has a light brown pokemon bag.
    History: Alex prefers to keep that hidden.
    Love: Alex does not love anybody at this point of his life but is mildly interested in Ruya
    Personality:Alex has a mean personality. he trains only his pokemon with care,but not any people. He often wanders around without supervision, battling people.He doesnt like other people much and feels joy when he wins a battle to low rank trainers,whom he laughs at afterwords.His personality changes a lot during the night
    Other: Alex prefers not to make friends

Yeah, they're at PC too, (no offence to the poster of this who's identity I won't reveal, I just took advantage of it, as it was the first one I could find).

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • Point, point [/nods head.] And one Year .0002831736 xD.

Name: Bob
    Description: [/shows picture made in paint.]
    Personality: He is nice but has an evil side.
    History: He went to be a pokemon master, and caught the legendary pokemon mewtwo, and it became his best friend, and he can talk to pokemon.
    Other: Bob is cool.

[/Just a made up application.]

Hmm, names. Well-zorz, I like the abbreviation, though maybe the school name is good, it says both that it's a school, and that it has SMART words, xD.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, like I said earlier, if the n00bies join the RP, then we'll make a Year 6. If not, then we need not bother. It falls on who joins in the end.

Ah, and, by the way.

IT'S ANAGRAM BECAUSE I SAID IT IS. No excuses. End of story. >P

*lulz*

MY SUPER-LONGEST SIGN-UP IS GOING WELL. YOU NEED NOT WORRY ZAIKU. lulz I MAY JUST DEFEAT JOO AND JER THREE PAGES WORTH. >DD Although I'll probably get lazy soon. K I got lazy. I don't want to make a super long sign-up. xD;

Anyway, Davi-kun is being lazy and isn't reading all this, so I guess I'll end up posting it, if he's too busy with his own RP. >O Either way, I want to get this up.

Edit-ching: HO-kay, I guess I'm making it. Davi-kun says he doesn't want to. So can I make it, or is there anything we have to wait for?

Last edited:

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • AH HAH >:]. You may nevar beat my five-paragraph APPEARENCE [/shot'd for being so lame-o.] Ahhh, Miki is spamming-z0rzing again D=.

Years
  • Point, point [/nods head.] And one Year .0002831736 xD.

Name: Bob
    Description: [/shows picture made in paint.]
    Personality: He is nice but has an evil side.
    History: He went to be a pokemon master, and caught the legendary pokemon mewtwo, and it became his best friend, and he can talk to pokemon.
    Other: Bob is cool.

[/Just a made up application.]

Hmm, names. Well-zorz, I like the abbreviation, though maybe the school name is good, it says both that it's a school, and that it has SMART words, xD.

That was awesome, Rena. That's exactly what I mean by we'll need a year 6.

And...btw, an acronym would be the technical word for RATS. I don't think we're waiting for anything right now, Jyukai so we could get this whole train a-rollin' right now.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
  • AH HAH >:]. You may nevar beat my five-paragraph APPEARENCE [/shot'd for being so lame-o.] Ahhh, Miki is spamming-z0rzing again D=.

Guess what? My appearence is 7paragraphs! I am ownage!
    *shot for using the word ownage to brag about and RP-sign up*

Did you not here Jyukai's capatialised rant? I got a little over three pages of a sign up.(I'm desperate to be a senior, I couldn't help myself).

I won't spoil anymore, just put on your reading glasses when Jyukai posts the thread, because you will need them to read my sign up... Muahahahaha! :badsmile:

And...btw, an acronym would be the technical word for RATS.

Ooh! Zaiku just got told! Wait, I'm Zaiku! *shot*

Edit-ching: HO-kay, I guess I'm making it. Davi-kun says he doesn't want to. So can I make it, or is there anything we have to wait for?

No! post it, post it, post it, POST IT! *Shot*

Ok, before I am shot again, I seriously want to say, let's get this show on the road!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    xD I want to wait for AE's permission first.

And, I HATE TO SAY IT BECAUSE YOUR SO AWESOME MIK-CHAN, but no more spammage. ;< Otherwise Bijyu will have to send joo a PM that isn't filled with caps and happiness. [/I'm so biased. BUT IT'S NOT LIKE I CAN BE SUPER COLD TO MIK-CHAN! MIK-CHAN IS... MIK-CHAN!!]

WHATEVER.

LIKE I SAID.

IT'S AN ANAGRAM BECAUSE I SAID IT WAS. NO MORE OF DIZ SAHBUJECT PLAHZEZ.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Dang, now that joke lost a bit of its thunder. RATS, indeed. It came out accidentally at first but the moment I noticed it it clinched the name for me. xD Anyways, it's called an acronym, you ignorant children, so I win the thread, and Dictionary.com agrees with me so you can't argue. See for yourself. ;3

ac·ro·nym
    -noun

1.a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.

Emphasis by me. Now we can drop the subject, because dictionary definitions make everything better. =D

And let's be honest, shall we? Those RPers would quite frankly constitute RPing kindergarten, but yeah...we can always make a dunce, ahem, 'special needs' class if it comes to that. *Shot* We'll rise to the occasion, but let's not start over-complicating before it comes to that. And while we're talking RPers; some folks ought to remember that it's not the size of the profile that matters. ;D

Anyways, far be it from me to hold up the start of this shebang. Just wondering, though; is Iruka around? And what about Asch? Is he still up for teaching or shall we be forced to poke him with sharp kitchen implements for not being supportive of the good cause? Because, you know, if neither is around then I'd be the only teacher at start up and I think it would make more sense to have at least two (One for junior, one for senior). Oh well, if that becomes a problem there will always be a workaround; so let's get this started! x3

Which reminds me...

*Rushes off to write up a sign up sheet*

Oh yeah...*Rushes back* About the name, let's just make it short and sweet with "The Riven Academy" and maybe a little tag that says 'learning RP' or something to that effect.

Right, going to go type for real now.

*Rushes off again*

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Well, it's basically a mixture of obsolete stuff and pointless drabble until the plot draft at page five, after that we have some productive stuff after which it once again descends to pointless drabble starting from this page, so like...starting from the spoiler tags at five and working your way down from there is probably the way to go. But yeah, maybe 4 a.m. isn't the most conductive time of the day for this sort of thing. Just wanted to check if you were still with us. ;D

Oh, and welcome back. ^-^

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • So, wait, let me get this straight- a good ninety percent of this entire thing is drabble-ified?

Yesh, wilcam bak Askh. By the way, has anyone besides me noticed that with the introduction of this stickied thread, the plot discussion thread has been completely and utterly forgotten? I take that as a sign that pretty much everyone who roleplays here will be participating. Shweetness. *Shot-ed for adding to the "pointless drabble"*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Oh, let's face it: RPers love to drabble, why else would we do what we do best? xD Anyways, not everything back there is drabble; some of it is just moot.

And yeah, I noticed about the Discussion Thread *Guilty* but for my part that will have to wait until I've finished my profile. Can't have a teacher submitting a sloppy sign-up now, can we? ;D

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • No... but as an eighth year student, I'm so totally gonna get away with it!

Heheh. I'm not guilty. Does this mean I can be a teacher now?

I need to stop spamming. I really, really need to stop spamming.

Oh wait, I had a questiony-thingy... as far as enchantments go, would an experienced or particulary gifted enchanter be able to give temporary life to an inanimate object, or is making living things via enchantment limited to a "frog prince" type scenario?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back