• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How come Ash never got Pidgeot back?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Drives me nuts that when Ash came back to pallet after the orange islands he never even bothered to get Pidgeot back.

and he said he would after he finished his errand for pro. Oak (with the G.S ball stuff)

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
  • Well, I think that as the GS ball was dropped, Pidgeot was too. Now maybe they thought that Ash didn't need Pidgeot anymore and could get new Pokemon from the Johto region or whatever. But it's also possible that they believed that Pidgeot would bring back memories of why Ash said he would come back for it in the first place, the GS ball, which was something they were trying to drop. Just like how they don't show any of the Porygon evolutions now, to avoid bringing back memories of Porygon's debut episode, which as you should know caused many seisures in Japan.

Years
  • If Ash had an able flying pokemon, why would he walk? Or in certain situations a pokemon he could easily ride on would be an easy solution. And whole episodes are derived on these certain situations and how to solve them.
    This is also why Charizard had a problem flying and was dumped later. It would mess with the formula.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    If Ash had an able flying pokemon, why would he walk? Or in certain situations a pokemon he could easily ride on would be an easy solution. And whole episodes are derived on these certain situations and how to solve them.
    This is also why Charizard had a problem flying and was dumped later. It would mess with the formula.

Maybe Ash doesn't want obesity, and he exercises. Walking is good exercise.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • It really drives me nuts that Ash did go back for ANY of his pokemon after he goes to a new region. God, Muk, Charizard, Bulbasour, he just dumps them all and runs off for more pokemon.

Ash in later verizons annoys me.

Ash in the 1,2,3,4 seasons is awesome.

Years
  • We don't see Ash 24/7, even on his too infrequent visits home. Perhaps the last time he was in Kanto, he stopped by to check on his Pidgeot. He also could have visited with Duplinka, Casey, Richie, his Primape and we wouldn't know about it. Besides Ash isn't the only trainer to leave Pokemon with Professor Oak, other trainers from Pallet Town do the same since they are only allowed to travel with six Pokemon at a time.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Because the anime is basically used to promote sales in the video games and it would be a waste of such opportunity to have him using old Pokemon when they can shove him off with newer ones.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • It would be a logistical nightmare tracking down his Pidgeot.

It's not like his Charizard which is in one fixed place. You can't expect him to go out of his way to find it again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    Because the anime is basically used to promote sales in the video games and it would be a waste of such opportunity to have him using old Pokemon when they can shove him off with newer ones.

He also has a Staraptor that does more than use Gust on Weezing's smokescreen and pecks Team Rocket's balloon. If I remember correctly, Pidgeotto wasn't a good battler for Ash. He only participated in the battle against Brock, Misty, Jessie in Gym battles and he did well against Misty's Starmie, and damaged Giovanni's Rhydon. It lost against Koga's Venomoth.

There is a little point for Ash trying to track down Pidgeot. Pidgeot could just fly back to Oak's lab and just wait for Ash if he wants to.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Sounds like Pidgeot and Ash are having a "b*tch call me first stand off". Pidgeot feels that Ash was distant and withdrawn from him as a trainer, and Ash feels like Pidgeot got to big for his britches.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Ash promised he would be back for it after he returned and never did, I think part of it is Pidgeot and it's crew traveled on past that route.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • Ash said that he was going to pick it up after the GS ball, but lets face it. I think that the owners of Pokemon just thought we were idiots and we would grow out of Pokemon and forget about it. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm dead serious. I personally think that they really thought that we would forget eventually. I think that its too late to bring Pidgeot back into the anime. I honestly think we should get the old VAs back too, but that's like saying that he'll actually "summon" his Charizard again after Movie 3. Or him actually bringing his Squirtle back. Or him bringing his Butterfree back onto his team after the pink one. So really, as far as we know, they're all dead or worse. I wish that we could have some of the older Pokemon back onto his team like Bulbasaur, Charizard, etc. Mix it up a bit.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Kinda makes you wonder where the Pidgeot is now..But I honestly don't think Ash could ever return to good ol' Pidgeot. Obviously because it being a flying type, it would have flown out of the area by now, but you know what'd be weird? If we saw Pidgeot in the next region! Wow, that'd be freaky!

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
  • Because Charizard and Squirtle were also being supervised by humans. Because of that it made it easier for Ash to contact them and possibly ask them to return to the team. However Pidgeot just flew off without any human companion, and last time I checked it didn't have any information on the location of Proffesor Oak's lab.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Maybe the Fearow finally defeated Pidgeot and Pidgeot went to a faraway place or it fell in love with the Fearow and live happily ever after.

Back