• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How complete is the pokedex in the Kanto and Johto player's guides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I just discovered that there are two separate guides for Kanto and Johto. Does each guide contain the same pokedex or are both guides needed for complete information?

I don't really use the walkthrough content, so mainly I'm wondering which guide to get for the best pokedex information.

Thanks.

Swinoob

... [I am not a talker].
    Years
  • I believe Volume 2 [the Kanto Guide] is the one with the Pokedex in it. I think the Johto Guide is just walkthroughs.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Yes get the second one. I have it. It's much better. It has a whole section on battling.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • The first one has the Johto pokedex only (with the Johto walkthrough only as well)

I believe the second has the complete national pokedex but I don't have that one (just remember reading on Amazon), so hopefully someone can confirm about the second.

---
    Added

According to Amazon Vol:2 contains the following:

Amazon.co.uk said:
    The Official Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Kanto Guide and National Pokedex explores the Kanto region that serves as the entire post-story setting....and even more Pokemon!
    Better still, the complete National Pokedex contains all 493 Pokemon (that is the total Pokemon count across both HeartGold & SoulSilver games ), where to catch them and each one's Learned Attacks, Battle Moves and Egg moves.

Guide Content :

Kanto Adventure Walkthrough (76-step route).
    Safari Zone Guide.
    Battle Frontier Guide.
    Pokegear Radio and Phone Data.
    Pokemon Battle Primer.
    National Pokedex Completion Guide.
    National Pokedex.
    Pokewalker Guide.
    Adventure Data.

emphasis mine.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, the first one only contains the Johto walkthrough, and where to catch the Pokemon before you get the National Pokedex, but the Kanto one has the complete National Pokedex, with where to find them after you get the National Pokedex. It also contains where to get them in DPPT as well which might help you if you have Platinum or any of those games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back