• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How could Black and White be made more realistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Locke1

Banned
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    What do you guys think?

Personally, I think that the introduction of AIDS would make the game much more realistic. The would really deter people from breeding there pokemon with random wild pokemon, as there is always a chance that their pokemon could catch really bad AIDS from the wild one. And therefore would deter them from excessively using the daycare facilities. And if both bred pokemon do not have AIDS, well.....................I'm sure there is something Mr Day Care can do about that.

It sounds bizarre, I know, but IMO this could really spice up the game.

What about you guys?

John_Locke1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Wild pokemon carry the AIDS. When you put one of your pokemans in the daycare with a wild one, they breed, and your pokemon contracts AIDS amongst other genital-oriented STD's. Any offspring they have will also have the AIDS too.

Cure? It's AIDS, mate. There is no cure.

John_Locke1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    No mate, AIDS is no laughing matter. If you think AIDS is funny, then you need to grow up.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    My mom will prolly stop me playing if she finds out I can catch the AIDS from playing pokemoon. bad idea tbh

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • No mate, AIDS is no laughing matter. If you think AIDS is funny, then you need to grow up.

Because adding AIDS in a 10+ games will attract all the parents to buy the games for children.
    PLAY POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE! AND YOUR GUARANTEED TO GET A POKEMON WITH AIDS IN EVERY BREED.

Because that would boost up the game sales even more.

John_Locke1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Because adding AIDS in a 10+ games will attract all the parents to buy the games for children.
    PLAY POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE! AND YOUR GUARANTEED TO GET A POKEMON WITH AIDS IN EVERY BREED.

Because that would boost up the game sales even more.

The sooner these kids learn about the dangers of AIDS, the better, I say.

Years
  • All but Phazon, just went full blown retard.

HUUR LET'S PUT AIDS IN POKEMON

Are you listening to yourselves? Besides, PokeRus would be the equivalent to AIDS in the Pokemon world, as would the space virus that Deoxys mutated from or whatever.

If you want to add more realism, Pokemon should be able to die as they can in the manga, the evil teams should be using real world weapons, and use Pokemon to directly attack humans, because you know criminals would do so in real life if Pokemon existed. Perhaps real injuries could befall your Pokemon where actual care was needed that didn't take 5 seconds. Perhaps if a Pokemon broke one of it's bones(except for those who are boneless), it would take upwards of 1 hour in a Pokemon center before it's back in fighting shape.

Realism in Pokemon isn't a bad idea, but adding AIDS or other real world diseases is.

John_Locke1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    All but Phazon, just went full blown retard.

HUUR LET'S PUT AIDS IN POKEMON

Are you listening to yourselves? Besides, PokeRus would be the equivalent to AIDS in the Pokemon world, as would the space virus that Deoxys mutated from or whatever.

If you want to add more realism, Pokemon should be able to die as they can in the manga, the evil teams should be using real world weapons, and use Pokemon to directly attack humans, because you know criminals would do so in real life if Pokemon existed. Perhaps real injuries could befall your Pokemon where actual care was needed that didn't take 5 seconds. Perhaps if a Pokemon broke one of it's bones(except for those who are boneless), it would take upwards of 1 hour in a Pokemon center before it's back in fighting shape.

Realism in Pokemon isn't a bad idea, but adding AIDS or other real world diseases is.

I don't know, broken bones would be pretty annoying. It would take some of the games appeal away IMO.

Anyway, AIDS is a much more practical idea, I think. I mean, think about the potential plot scenarios that AIDS would offer - Team Plasma could release the AIDS virus into the atmosphere, contaminating many wild pokemon, and giving HIV to many more. This would really shake up the pokemon world. Proffesor Oak could stress over a cure for AIDS, and your mission could be to infiltrate Team Plasma HQ and take the prototype AIDS virus, and then develop it into a vaccine. Think of the potential.

AIDS is the way forward.

Years
  • How do you feel about a educational game though? Pokemon could leave it's childish reputation behind and make a huge step forward, maybe even getting some parents to play.

AIDS is just the start, there could be a whole host of real life diseases involved.

50%+ of the people who play Pokemon are the people who were playing when it first came out. Everyone might think Pokemon's key demographic is children, but it's young adults, usually early to late 20's

How is giving our Pokemon AIDS gonna help teach children? Do you even know what AIDS is, or what it does? How is taking away a Pokemon's immune system, making it sick and frail, going to progress the series forward?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    WOAH, WOAH.
    First off, I highly doubt Nintendo and GameFreak would bring aids into the games for Pokémon. Really? :\ Be realistic and don't start up a flame war. Simply use the report function if you know this discussion is going to lead up to something such as this.

Also a virus such as Pokérus seems realistic enough to relate to this if I must say so myself. That's as far as I would think they would get. Remember even if aids can be "educational", it can also come off as an offence to those with aids.

...That being said.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back