• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did I not find this place sooner?

Years
  • So I was kind of bored today, and thought to myself "I wonder what kinds of forums exist out there for various games I enjoy?" I had found one previously that I enjoy and still post on, but the thought never crossed my mind to search for others until now. I guess I assumed forums were more a relic of the mid 2000s era.

Well, I was wrong. Once I tried "Pokemon forum", this place popped up and, much to my pleasant surprise, you guys are really active!

Glad I found you, though. I'm a huge Pokemon fan, having actively been playing Red and Blue first released in the U.S. On and off, all through the years, it's been a constant in my life. I never really got into competitive play with it or anything, but I've enjoyed the game play and all the fan creations it's generated over time. It's kind of a childhood pleasure of mine; I gleefully look forward to the release of each new game, more so than I do with most anything.

Beyond that, I think I'm pretty typical for others that find this forum. I'm a software engineer located in Massachusetts, I'm currently on an anime kick (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Madoka Magica most recently), and I grew up playing (and still play) the Nintendo classics. Well, I like other games too, but those are my favorites; N64-era platformers hold a special place in my heart. <3

Not sure what else to say in an introduction post, but I'm glad to meet you guys! Hopefully I remember to keep coming back and work my way into the community. ;)

Years
  • PC is massive right now. We're blowing up even more lately which is of course awesome, especially because of the Sun & Moon and GO hype. No better time than now to join. Pokémon is a huge part of my life too ever since getting into it in the late 1990s.. it's evolved so much since. Putting together RBY next to XYORAS is a pretty big shock ahah.

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. I hope you'll have a very lovely time and will stick around for a while. :>

Years
  • Yeah, its incredible how much its changed over the years yet it still feels so familiar with each iteration. It's easy to get into and be comfortable with. I'm really looking forward to Sun & Moon at this point!

Your diligence with greeting others is quite admirable, to say the least. I really appreciate the warm welcome, and I'm looking forward to interacting with you and everyone else here!

Back