• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How did you beat Elite 4 in G/S/C?

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    the first time? man that brings me back to memories I can't really remember...

wel i know I wouldn't of cheated, and I also know my team would of had a fire (which without a doubt was Typhlosion), water, and electric for sure, as for the other space...probably a flying, Nidoking and possibly a physic or Umboreon (I do remember using one way back then...)the water was probably Lanturn(sp) and the electric would of been Amphorous(sp) leaving the flying most likely to be a Pidgeot. the teams level except for my start would most likely been well balanced around LV 38 or 40 when i started it, the started being probably 5 levels higher since I tend to treat my starter better.
    I probably had to redo some fight s couple times till I got the hang off the type advantage followed by healing after each battle...and against Lance, I probably came out with either one or two pkmn not KO'd

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    The only thing I remember from my E4 match in the 2nd gen was that my Typhlosion did most of the work.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Swept the entire thing with Typhlosion. HP Ground, Cut, Flame Wheel, Thunderpunch. Rinse and repeat.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    I remember the first time of each game I played, I would have a Typhlosion, an Exeggcute, and a Lapras. It was one helluva challenge trying to beat them with just those three Pokemon, but it sure was fun.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I remember my first real Johto team (which was in Pokemon Crystal) it was,

Feraligatr
    Umbreon
    Heracross
    Arcanine
    Aipom
    Electabuzz

A great team and the E4 was easy (one go to beat them, both before and after Kanto) the only battle i struggled in was against Red and i still won that on my first go, it's also the first and only time i have gotten a whole team to lv 100, i have had full teams of lv 100's both before and after but never all trained by me.

Years
    Anything with Ice Beam, Ice Punch, or Blizzard can take care of Lance's (impossible) Dragonite. During my very first runthrough, I was somewhat ill-prepared in the means of items, but I made it through alright. Now that I have a good idea of what to do and what not to do, it's not as challenging for me.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I struggled with the Johto Elite Four. The first time I failed at Lance because of low levels. My goal was always to have a team that was evenly balanced. This was hard because if you run out of trainers while you're in the level 30s early 40s, you can only really battle the wild pokes on Routes 27, 26 and Victory Road. I spent a week training to Level 50 to get ready for the Elite 4, but when I did, I came back with a vengence... and a Suicune sweeper...

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
    I won with lvl 46 Nidoqueen, lvl 49 Meganium, lvl 41 Suicune, lvl 43 Furret, and a lvl 34 Noctowl. I only beat it because I wanted to go into the Kanto region, but I have to get a few badges that I don't really feel like getting....-_-

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    i had a
    lv 45 meganium
    lv 43 pinsir
    lv 44 blastoise
    lv 40 alakazam
    lv 45 growlithe
    lv 41 ampharos

after i won i went to bills house and showed that old man my growlithe and then evolved him

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I was like "omglolthey'reweakerthanthelastgames'"... Yeah, didn't take many tries. I don't remember details though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    I remember that espeon did most of the housekeeping for me, bite and psychic ftw, that handled will, koga, and bruno. For Karen and Lance, typhloshion bailed me out.

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    I had

Typhlosion lvl 52
    pinsir lvl 49
    Red garydos lvl 50
    Donphan lvl 47
    umbreon lvl 52
    Steelix lvl 50

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    i played G/S/C many times since 2000/2001. I started over with MeBoy and PKMN Crystal on my SE K850i 3 weeks ago and finally I smashed Elite Four with Lance after hard training:]
    That was that squad with theirs attacks and equipment:

FERALIGATR //male// lv.51 // [Mistic Water]
    =slash=
    =bite=
    =iron tail=
    =surf=
    SANDSLASH (Sando-Khan) //male// lv.51 // [Pink Bow]
    =slash=
    =strength=
    =earthquake=
    =headbutt=
    CROBAT //female// lv.51 // [Sharp Beak]
    =fly=
    =wing attack=
    =bite=
    =confuse ray=
    HAUNTER (Haunta) //female// lv.51 // [Spell Tag]
    =hypnosis=
    =shadow ball=
    =nightmare=
    =dream eater=
    KADABRA (Cabron) //male// lv.50 [Psycho Up]
    =psychic=
    =reflect=
    =future sight=
    =recover=
    WEEZING //male// lv.50 // [Poison Barb]
    =sludge=
    =tackle=
    =sludge bomb=
    =explosion=

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    First Silver game: Defeated it with my Feraligatr and some other pokemon that I don't remember because it was just a team thrown together due to the fact that I only trained Feraligatr.

Second Silver Game: Defeated it with this team below:
    Feraligatr (Wiped out Bruno's Onix, Koga's Forretress Karen's Houndoom, and All of Lance's Pokemon other than Gyarados.)
    Ampharos (Wiped out Will's Xatu (x2), Karen's Murkrow, and Lance's Gyarados)
    Beedrill (Wiped out rest of Will's team and Karen's Umbreon)
    Pidgeot (Wiped out most of Bruno's fighting portion of his team except Machamp.)
    Magmar (Wiped out Koga's Ariado and Venomon; Karen's Vileplume.)
    Espeon (Wiped out whatever pokemon wasn't mentioned, meaning Koga's Muk and Crobat; Bruno's Machamp; and Karen's Gengar. )

It was very easy the first time around on my new Silver game, and only one pokemon fainted. :]

Now on my Crystal... I'll get back to you on that. >_> And Yes I'm too lazy to put up attacks, but looking at what pokemon they beat, you should have a bit of a clue, right? :3

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    i used to be down perfectly. i knew all of the pokemon and all their weaknesses. i was checking out my gold the other day, and go figure why i knew what they'd do like the back of my hand: i beat the elite four in my gold 66 times

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I just managed too beat Lance in Pokemon Firered as his level 72 Dragonite was a critical hit king at that moment. He did 15 critical hit shots in a row. It sucked so bad i just managed too beat him. I only had 2 revives left and i used them on TTar and Blastoise and i JUST managed too beat Gary. It was harder than anything else. Darn heracross

Years
    i basically sent out my scyther, swords danced him up, then wing attack(with sharp beak) everyone straight to hell. and used ampharos, typhlosion, togetic, kingler, and ariados too.

Back