• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How do I delete my account?

Years
  • You can't delete your account. You can always just leave it to collect dust for the ages. Or request a name change to Bananas! and delete your posts yourself. D:

But accounts here in PC are hardly ever stinky enough for us to delete them.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    The PokeCommunity has never deleted any accounts.
    Just click Log Out and don't visit again.

We will miss you.

Is there any particular reason why you want your account deleted? I heard a rumour that if the reason is suffice to have the account deleted, then it gets done. There are a couple of users with deleted accounts.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    You shouldn't lie. :( Such a bad habit..
    I'm talking about now, and the times I've been on this forum. Also, info from previous times (searching, posts) shows nobody has had their account deleted.

@OP: If you still want to post in the forum without being seen, just go invisible. If not, then Log Out and don't log in again. Change your user title and signature to reflect this as well so you don't get spam PM's, which you'll never answer. :D

Years
  • You see you're wrong again. :( Not to long ago someone had their account deleted. D:
    He actually has it right, somewhat. As a rule, admins don't, or shouldn't, delete accounts for any reason whatsoever, regardless of whether it's because of something like inactivity or because someone asked for it. Every single person that asks for deletion is usually told just to log out and leave their account to rot.

If someone's account has actually been deleted recently, then...that probably really shouldn't have happened, and is definitely the exception.

레트로

Banned
    Years
  • He actually has it right, somewhat. As a rule, admins don't, or shouldn't, delete accounts for any reason whatsoever, regardless of whether it's because of something like inactivity or because someone asked for it. Every single person that asks for deletion is usually told just to log out and leave their account to rot.

If someone's account has actually been deleted recently, then...that probably really shouldn't have happened, and is definitely the exception.

I know it's not supposed to happen, but I also know that it did happen. :O

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Who's right?

But thanks for the explanation Sylphiel!!

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I don't see why this is an issue. If a forum was worth having my account deleted on, I'd either leave, or just get over what happened. Either you want to be here or you don't.

Back