• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I play animation in intro.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I was wondering how to replace the "intromarill" to something else. Could I make an animation sheet and it would just loop it automatically? Or would there need to be some scripting involved?
    I plan on replacing it with a squirtle.

SOLVED

Last edited:

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • All you have to do is download a pokémon's GIF file, I suggest either from the Essentials BW Pack 7 or from http://sprites.pokecheck.org/. Once you do that, give it a memorable name, and place it in your Pictures folder, under Graphics. Once that's done, open RGMXP, go to the map titled Intro, find the long event which is what the prof does and everything, and then find the command with show picture, where IntroMarill is. CHange the picture to the image you put in the graphics folder. I have encountered a few problems with GIF files in the intro, stating that the script is taking too long and that the game will reload. You have to be patient. It takes slightly longer to load them, but it always works!

Pokegod

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Can I replace all pictures in the game to the animated gifs and it will play those gifs in battle?

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Keep in mind that the animated gifs will increase lag. RPG Maker XP's performance isn't that great and animated sprites will bring the performance down even more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Well I tried putting a GIF from that site onto the game and there was a grey background instead of transparent one. So I guess I Will just keep it to a normal picture.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    No some times the background is transparent and sometimes its grey. It flickers, and sometimes it's not the whole background (Sometimes a quarter or third).

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    No some times the background is transparent and sometimes its grey. It flickers, and sometimes it's not the whole background (Sometimes a quarter or third).
    That's an issue with the .gif file, I'd recommend searching another one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I tried 3 different ones. Do you reckon it's the site, or just those specific gifs?

EDIT After trying 4 different websites, this one worked! http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/mudkip
    If you ever want to have an animated intro sprite. I recommend that site!

Last edited:
    Back