• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I start roleplaying?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    I want to roleplay as a 10 year old female pokemon trainer who starts on her journey. Do I just jump into roleplaying,or do I make a character bio first?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Character bio? What? You just jump into role-playing. Do a random start and other people will come role-playing too.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Just find a roleplay in the Pokemon Roleplay section that hasn't yet started. Read all the rules of the RP, and the section rules of course, and make your sign-up for the RP.

Easy as pie.

kingkong

spriter/helping others with it
    Years
    just say something like:
    the world is going to be destroyed but only you can stop it with your pokemon you just got and found out that it's not a normal pokemon

continue with some more details or leave it like that.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Seeing as only one person so far has given a correct answer, allow me to elaborate a little.

If you want to join someone else's roleplay, then you check if there are spots available and if there are, you post a Sign Up, which is basically like a Character Bio. Most RP creators provide you with a sign-up, so make sure to use theirs. If you get accepted, then you'll be shown/told where to start off, roleplaying in the style of a fan fic with very short chapters, if that makes sense. In other words, you write a story, not a script. Apart from that, it normally varies quite a bit between roleplays, so make sure you read the opening posts.

If you want to make your own Roleplay, then check out the others first to get an idea of how it works and then post your roleplay using the 'New Thread' button. If its a good Roleplay, it gets approved and will normally appear a few days later, for people to start signing up in :D

Apart from all this, I reccomend you read all of the section stickies at least briefly, not just the rules. Make sure you pay extra attention to those, though.

Hope I helped! (b")b

Back