• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I update roms.ini file in PGE so I can edit modified ROMs?

Years
  • So I have FireRed by Dreamaker and it has a lot of new moves and abilities for me to work with!

Problem is I don't know how to edit the rom in PGE because I have to first expand the roms.ini file for it to work, but I don't really know how to. I somehow figured this out a while back, but right now I'm absolutely clueless and I haven't done rom hacking in a long time. Can someone please help me?

Or if anyone has an even better Emerald or Fire Red patch that includes an updated ini file I could just use that instead? I've tried Pokémon Emerald 650 and Bob's Mega Patch and both have given me errors. :/

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for the help! Edit: I'm having trouble getting nups to patch this with any emerald rom. x_x
    I saw that the last post on that thread voiced the exact same problem.

Update: OMG I GOT IT TO WORK. TYSM. So what happened was I needed to use the updated patch someone made at the final page, and I had to replaced the roms.ini folder. That was all I did and it worked!! I'm so happy!!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back