• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do people train their Pokes to level 100?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I've almost had a completely legit lv. 100 pokemon, it was my kyogre in saphire... those were the days. I had gone through the E4 using just him at least 100 times. One day he was at level 99 with about the length of this ----- of experience left to gain to be at lv. 100. Then that sad, sad day came....... :'(

I lost my saphire game the next day, never to be seen again. This happened the summer after 4th grade. about 3-4 years ago. The only other lv. 100 pokemon I have are hacked, lv. 100 Dialga shiny, and a lv. 100 Deoxsys done by rare candies. So now I hope my huntail will become that faithful pokemon to make my dream of having a legit lv. 100 pokemon come true!

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    I have three level 100 pokemon: raichu, blaizikin, and kyogre, I used to have many more before my blue and silver versions deleted themselves :-(

With all the breeding I do, my ditto will probably be on level 100 eventually, I just leave him in there even when I'm not breeding

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Well, while we're on the topic of firsts, mine was a Kyogre back in Sapphire.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    my first level 100 pokemon was in Red, and I trained it by beating the elite 4 too many times.

Also, I'd like to say, that the first time I beat the elite four in diamond and pearl my pokemon's level was an average of about 56/57 and I only used five pokemon.

Roihu

In America
    Years
    I have a couple (More like 20 or more) lv 100 only in Pearl in Emerald/LeafGreen/Ruby I must have like 50 or something....though they weren't EV trained...

Roihu

In America
    Years
    Hey I just found out about EVs like 6 months ago before I trained all those useless lv 100s >_>But I do have 20-ish I raised only in my Pearl

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2017
    I don't use lv100 pokemon. I level them up to 50 or higher, depending.

If I had Rare Candies I'd level them to 100, seeing I'm done EV training by level 30 at most.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    MY beeding ditto is lvl. 90 and i havent used him in a battle yet lol.

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Expect to spend some time getting up into the upper 90s with good EV training, Highest I got is 98 Aerodactyl.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    Hey I just found out about EVs like 6 months ago before I trained all those useless lv 100s >_>But I do have 20-ish I raised only in my Pearl

you can always EV train level 100 pokemon by giving them the EV reducing berries and then retraining them, thats what I'm planning on doing

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    I thought EV's were only applied when the pokemon leveled up.

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    If you put them in a box and take them out their stats get changed. Apparently when you withdraw a Pokemon from the box, the game scans over the stats and edits them if they're wrong. Ergo, Lvl. 100 Pokemon can INDEED be EV trained.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    If you put them in a box and take them out their stats get changed. Apparently when you withdraw a Pokemon from the box, the game scans over the stats and edits them if they're wrong. Ergo, Lvl. 100 Pokemon can INDEED be EV trained.

lol, good I was getting worried for a second, one of the pokemon in my main team is on level 100, but she needs to be EV trained

Ichida

Years
    I tried all that and the EVs I trained didn't seem to get applied.

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007

that worked in emerald, it doesn't work in Diamond/Pearl.. And there are no ev reducing berries in DS generation.. sorry..

Ichida

Years
    Yes there are, but I don't know how to get them without use of an AR.

Chompah :x

Den Supuhhmann Dat [oh!]
    Years
    Mine are Milotic and Salamence..
    Except they aren't EVed and they don't have a nature that boosts there best stat.
    But my lvl 74 Salamence is fully eved and has Naughty Nature..
    I also have a lvl 5 Bagon, Naughty w/ Hydro Pump..

Back