• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do you catch "Running" Legends?

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Basically how did you catch the two running legends Cresselia and Mesprit?

I got my Gengar who has Mean Look, Hypnosis, Dream Eater and Sucker Punch then when got their HP on red threw Ultra Balls at them :)

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Its not a problem...hang on let me rephrase here:

How did you catch your Running Legends?

Yep ok Title error but hay at least i corrected it now rather then later lol

drogontimer

The Wrath of GENGAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    I just randomly ran into them and poof there they are.

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I used a masterball on one, chased the other 2 like mad all over sinnoh, slowly hacking their hp down and chucking ultraballs/duskballs at 'em.

ufo

<- I used to do spriting
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    MBs for both of them... imported straight from emerald

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Cresselia:My Bronzong held Quick Claw and used Block when it went first. The only damaging attack I had on it was Future Sight, so I hypnotized it and switched in Sneasel. It ran. I caught up with it again, and used a few Future Sights to get it in the red, and threw Ultra Balls, Great Balls, and Poké Balls. It struggled and fainted. I reset my game, and went and bought Quick Balls and Timer Balls. Repeated the process, caught it in a Timer Ball.

Mesprit: Mostly the same as above, except I caught it in a Poké Ball because Ultra Balls never seem to work for me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2008
    I got them in my pokedex (didn't catch them though) and then traded for them on GTS. I still have Mesprit and Cresselia running around Sinnoh. I didn't bother catching them because I didn't have mean look or block so I just GTS'd them.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    I haven't bothered with Cresselia yet, but Mesprit went like this: I encountered it a few times, paralyzing and damaging it each time before it ran, then I encountered it a few times again to throw some quick balls. I love those things. :D

Yeah, didn't bother with mean look or shadow tag, but I caught it pretty quickly.

Years
    I used my masterball to catch Mesprit, and currently I've been trying to catch Cresselia, by running out of Floaroma Town and into Route 205, which seems to work pretty well, as I've encountered Cresselia there at least 5 times, the only problem is catching it. :)

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I used my Umbreon, Mean Look and Baton Pass, though it can handle both of them with it's attacks and junk, but yeah, sometimes I like to use other Pokemon to take down their HP. But I got Mespirit with a Dusk Ball after throwing a bunch of balls at it... I haven't caught Cresselia yet... I have activated it, but I haven't gone after it.

Spinda

Shiny Spindas!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2007
    Get yourself a lv 100 with False Swipe. I used Sceptile and reduce they're HP to 1. Find them easily by going in an out of a route junction until they reach you on your poketech. It's rather easy. Just throw an ultraball at them. I caught them in one go.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    Dusk Ball at night is better than Ultra Ball. Just set the DS's time to 8:00 or later and go find it.

I'd put the Poketch onto that map app and look for the symbol (black face) and try to get to a route near it on foot. If you find it, then weaken it, paralyze/sleep status it, then throw your Dusk Balls.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    I caught cressy by running into it, sending out Empoleon, drill pecking, then repeating until it was in the reds, then I started throwing Quick Balls every encounter. After a while I caught it by accident.

And can anyone tell me how they caught Giratina?

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I caught my mespirt with a Masterball, and my Cresselia by weakening it after a few encounters thanks to the Marking Map App feature on the poketch, and caught it with quick balls after even more encounters.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    well i caught both of them by just throwing quick balls. with mesprit i just threw one quick ball and i caught him but with cresselia it took about 3 trys

Back