• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How Do You Clone in FR?

Years
    Just as the title says I don't know how to use the cloning method on my Firered. And it would really come in handy. So if anyone knows how please tell me how to clone.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Sorry, but there isn't any known way of cloning in FR, only in Emerald.
    Unless you use a hacking tool such as Action Replay, you can't clone there.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Yeah, of course.

Quoting the Emerald FAQ:

1. Save in front of th PC in the BATTLE TOWER. (You really dont need to but for safety)
    2. Deposit the pokemon you want to clone in an EMPTY box.
    3. Leave the PC and save.
    4. Go to the PC one more time and get the Pokemon you want to clone, the one in the EMPTY box.
    5. Talk to the lady nearest to the PC.
    6. Select yes and choose any two pokemon.
    7. When she says "The game must be saved, is this acceptable?" select YES. But, when the game asks "Do you want to save the game?" turn OFF the game then on it, check back the PC in the empty box. The Pokemon that you wanted to clone should be there.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2008
    i have sapphire, its bad though you dont get good pokemon and you cant clone. but ive been to mirage island many a time

Years
    Yeah, of course.

Quoting the Emerald FAQ:

1. Save in front of th PC in the BATTLE TOWER. (You really dont need to but for safety)
    2. Deposit the pokemon you want to clone in an EMPTY box.
    3. Leave the PC and save.
    4. Go to the PC one more time and get the Pokemon you want to clone, the one in the EMPTY box.
    5. Talk to the lady nearest to the PC.
    6. Select yes and choose any two pokemon.
    7. When she says "The game must be saved, is this acceptable?" select YES. But, when the game asks "Do you want to save the game?" turn OFF the game then on it, check back the PC in the empty box. The Pokemon that you wanted to clone should be there.

dude you rock man!!! thanks i just tried the the thing and i just cloned my kyogre and my latios. thanks man

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2008
    mirage island has these rare pokemon and a rare berry.
    how to get there. beat elite four and talk to the guy on pacificlog town. he says i cant see mirage island today so save and turn it off for a while. max an hour. go backon and beat elite four again and talk to the guy again, he says i an see mirage island

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    You are all wrong, Mirage Island works the same way as the Lottery does. It depends on what OT Number you have in your party.

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
    You are all wrong, Mirage Island works the same way as the Lottery does. It depends on what OT Number you have in your party.

Thank you. And damn, if that's the condition then I'm in trouble. *Has never won the lottery in Ru/Em* But I've been trading more recently (in game and with other games I had) so I'll just leave it to lady luck. EDIT: Who has been quite kind to me lately.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    On a quick side note, we've gone off topic on a topic who's question has already been answered.

This may die now

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Just a quick note, as I've seen erroneous information regarding Mirage Island.
    Credit for this goes to Serebiinet.
    A Pokemon has a Gender Value. All Pokemon, including ungendered Pokemon, have this. This is a number between 0 and 255.
    If it is 0, it is a Mirage Island Pokemon, and the man will say he saw Mirage Island. So cycle through all of your Pokemon to find the island.

Back