• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Do You Collect?

Years
  • Do you collect full sets or cards from any series at the same time?

Do you organize them in any particular way?

I just recently started collecting again and was going to stick to only cards from XY but I ended up with some BW cards too and I like them also so I think I'll just collect random cards from now on. I keep them in a binder in no specific order currently. Was just curious what other people did

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    I started a collection of sealed WOTC items, waiting to snag a few booster boxes when I have more funds and completed a 1st edition run of the first cards released (base, jungle,fossil)

Aside from that, I like to collect the Full-Art holo cards from current releases.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I started collecting again after seeing a catsmeowth video on youtube in aug 2013. I discovered full art cards existed, prior to that the last time I really bought cards was in 2005. I decided to collect a few sets. Usually how I collect a set is I'll buy packs from the set until I pull all but maybe 4 cards from it, then I buy the final ones. But only if they are cheap, I don't really buy expensive secret rares or even count them in a full set, unless I pull them.

When I was only collecting 4 sets I put them in a flimsy binder, well one day I tripped and stepped on the binder weird and pretty much destroyed the first couple pages of Plasma Freeze, luckily I don't put exs in binders.

I later got some of the pro platinum binders as they can hold 4 full sets and still weigh like nothing. I put all my ultras into top loaders of course since I own over 500 ultras I have like 9 stacks of 60 toploaders each sitting around.
    I have a bit of ocd, each toploader has the number the card was pulled on the back, I also list them by date in a notebook and by color in another notebook to tell me how many of each ultra I've pulled. For example red means it's first, black second, green third, purple fourth, pink fifth, blue sixth, orange seventh and gray eighth.For duplicate exs from multiple sets I'll have to put something after them, like for example I put PS by the Plasma Storm Kyurems. Ancient Origins duplicate exs will get an AO by them.

For sets, not including revs my most completed sets are
    These are completed sets for me with both pulls and bcbms

Primal Clash, I pulled all but 1 secret, 3 full arts and 2 holo, later bought all
    Plasma Freeze, I pulled all but 1 full art and 4 secrets, only bought the full art, I pulled all but 1 rev so I bought it later on, I don't usually finish revs. The full art was Latias
    Furious Fists, I pulled all but 1 full art, bought the full art, it was Heracross btw.
    Phantom Forces, I pulled all but 1 ex, 1 full art, 2 secrets and 2 holos, bought everything listed
    Flashfire, I pulled all but 1 secret, M Kangaskhan.
    Xy, I pulled all but 1 full art, bought the full art, it was Venusaur
    Plasma Blast, I pulled all but 2 secrets

For sets I'm still buying
    Boundaries Crossed, pulled everything but 2 full arts, 1 ace spec, and 3 secrets, the full arts are Keldeo and Black Kyurem.
    Plasma Storm, pulled everything but 1 full art and 2 secrets, Articuno is the full art.
    Ancient Origins, want to get a few booster boxes of this set.

Last edited:

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I just get cards randomly, to be honest. If there's a set I really like I tend to get cards for it more frequently, while other sets I kind of avoid. Roaring Skies, for example, I've gotten very, very little of because I just don't care for it. Ancient Origins, though? I suspect I'll put effort in getting a lot of it. I've never really had much interest in completing an entire set, though.

As for organization... I usually organize cards by type, and keep the holos/reverse holos separate.

I also get specific individual cards here and there, and if I ever find a used card shop I'll usually look through everything they have.

Back