• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you decomp pokeemerald-expansion?

Years
  • I tried to do it with the decompilation setup tool but in the end i only have the tools folder, nothing else, and in the INSTALL.md on github its for pokeemerald, not pokeemerald-expansion. How do i do it exactly?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I tried to do it with the decompilation setup tool but in the end i only have the tools folder, nothing else, and in the INSTALL.md on github its for pokeemerald, not pokeemerald-expansion. How do i do it exactly?
    For starters, you don't "decomp" the Pokeemerald-expansion.
    Pokeemerald-expansion is a project that makes use of Pokeemerald, which is a full decompilation of Pokémon Emerald.
    "To decompile" means to take code written in one language and translate it to another language, one that is easier to work with.

Secondly, the instructions to build the Pokeemerald-expansion are the exact same ones you'd follow to build Pokeemerald, or basically any fork of it, or project based on it, except for very special cases such as Pokeemerald-speedchoice.

And thirdly, if you only have a "tools" folder and nothing else, either your download didn't get completed successfully, or you downloaded something else.
    Also, instead of "downloading it", as in getting it from GitHub.com, you really should be using git clone from your terminal instead.

Years
  • Oh thanks, I have programming experience but I'm new to compiling since I've only worked with languages like python or javascript so all of this confuses me. Thank you very much!

Back