• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How do you feel about Team Plasma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I like them more than the other Baddie Teams because, unlike the others, they have an actual goal beyond "O HAR HAR LETS GO STEAL POKEMANS!" I mean, if you MUST be a dink, be a dink for a reason!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I like them more than the other Baddie Teams because, unlike the others, they have an actual goal beyond "O HAR HAR LETS GO STEAL POKEMANS!" I mean, if you MUST be a dink, be a dink for a reason!
    They are my second favorite team tied with Team Galactic.
    Also only Team rocket wanted to steal pokemon...and that was for Money
    Team Magma and Aqua wanted to make the Land and Sea bigger for Pokemon themselves so they are the closest to Team Plasma goal than any of the other teams.
    Now team Galactic...their leader was just a Wannabe god...
    So yeah...Team M, A,G and P all have reason and Teams M,A, and P have the nicest goals as they actually think about the pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Well now I feel dumb :D But Plasma is still my favorite! (Even if they ARE a bunch of loons)

Years
    Well now I feel dumb :D But Plasma is still my favorite! (Even if they ARE a bunch of loons)
    Lol they aren't as Loony as Team Galactic was :P
    Also one of the most attrative things about Team Plasma is the plot and backstory around it compared to the other teams (only other team with a real backstory is Team Rocket, and Team Galactic has a bit of background too but Team M and A didn't have much...but remakes of R/S can fix that :P)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    M and A just seemed like extremists :P "Lets flood the world!" "No, lets dry up the ocean!" But yeah, Galatic definitely takes the crazy cake. I'm kind of hoping there turns out to be, like, a genuinely threatening Team somewhere down the line. I mean, the scariest we've had were M and A, and even they were taken down, primarily, by a kid out of the middle of no where!

Years
    M and A just seemed like extremists :P "Lets flood the world!" "No, lets dry up the ocean!" But yeah, Galatic definitely takes the crazy cake. I'm kind of hoping there turns out to be, like, a genuinely threatening Team somewhere down the line. I mean, the scariest we've had were M and A, and even they were taken down, primarily, by a kid out of the middle of no where!
    Yeah they were Extremists but Team Plasma can also be considered Extremists...
    I found Team Galactic the "Scariest"...Cryus was so close to achieving his dream...but it failed...
    Also M and A might have lost the battle but unlike other leaders they still managed to summon their legendaries out to pull of their plans...maybe they are the scariest for actually succeeding...

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Well yeah, they're all, to an extent, extremist groups (with the possible exception of Team Rocket who was really only out for money, but even their methods were a bit extreme.)
    Yeah M&A definitely did some damage. I remember being in the eighth gym town (It's been a while, so I don't remember it's name) and, like, everything freaking out because of Kyogre. I actually felt pretty proud for catching the pokemon that freaked everything out (instead of just being proud of succeeding at the challenge)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a note, try not to go too off-topic discussing just discussing Team Magma and Team Aqua (since I can see your posts heading that way, anyway). If you want to discuss the teams with the better goals as a whole, bring that to Pokemon General. However, here, make it mainly Team Plasma based.

Having not played the games, I don't know much about Team Plasma, but I do like that their costumes are unique (not necessarily appealing but hey).

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    lol oh totally,are they like, medieval soldiers or something? I started playing this right after Guardian Signs and I was like "what's with pokemon and the knights?"

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    We should have a stoylinewhere at first we FAIL and the world dies and we have to find said legendary to save it :3.

I havn't played the games yet, but Plasma look like idiots. Seriously.

xMiZx

Lazy Battler
    Years
    Well I like Team Plasma better than the last batch of Baddies. Solely because of their goal. And the way they're showing it. More like a Psychological question and reasoning. Rather unique. And a bit dark for the game series.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    While I'm not very fond of Team Plasma's design, I actually like their motives better than the other evil teams. Creating 2 separate worlds for humans and Pokemon is more devious and evil than destroying a universe, recreating it and ruling over it.

The Red Chain

I never did get an attachment of any sort to Team Plasma. It was kinda like they were just -there- to battle.
    With Team Rocket and the rest of the teams they had a really solid storyline and held it through the whole game.
    Team Plasma didn't have that feel for me as much. My mind might change in the english version, but I highly doubt it.

Their plan just isn't as.. powerful to me..

Years
    I haven't played either games yet, but from what I can tell they seem kind of lame :/ Their outfits are weird.

Team Rocket forever (:

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Well I like Team Plasma better than the last batch of Baddies. Solely because of their goal. And the way they're showing it. More like a Psychological question and reasoning. Rather unique. And a bit dark for the game series.

exactly! They obviously push it a bit far, but not only do they have a realistic (for a world full of pokemon) goal, but at times, I've found myself thinking "You know, this guys aren't too far off ... then I remember the stealing :P

Years
    I feel like Team Plasma goal was decent for a Team that had to come after the Team that wanted to take over the Universe! So I'm pretty happy with Plasma's goal and overall design :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    They're the bad guys from Black/White and are lead by their Sages and another character (no spoilers) and they want to free pokemon from people

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back