• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you guys feel about "Mega" Evolution?

Years
  • They kinda look really overpowered, like a 3rd evo stage that turns your regular Charizard/Mewtwo into a complete beast that will destroy life itself in one move! Although Charizard X does look really awesome (I was going to get Y until now), but you can understand why they only let you use Megas in battle. (It's kinda like digimon.. Like you have the little form but then you can Digi- er I mean evolve into your strongest form)

It is a creative idea and I'm keen to try it out.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I love them!

Though I'd suggest them to rename the evolution if given a chance, maybe a "Up-evolution" or something along the line - The term "Mega-Evolution" really sounds Digimonish in my opinion, but I am not complaining.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I think it's ok. Some of the Pokemon that got Mega Evolutions definitely need the new strength, like Mawile or Absol. But for some Pokemon, I don't think it's necessary, like Mewtwo.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Rilence, I agree about the term.

@ sh1nyzorua, yeah I think they should have kept mega-evolutions to pokémon who needed it, instead of making powerful pokémon like Blaziken even bigger powerhouses :/ Mega Tropius, please!

Years
  • In my opinion , they are pretty awesome.
    They are an opportunity to revisit old monsters and also use some cool new designs.
    I really don't see anything bad with them. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega Tropius was rumored to be in Pokémon X and Y once, but I'm not exactly sure if it's been proven to be true or false. xD" I hope it's true though, because it would finally give this Pokémon a chance to be in the spotlight (which it really deserves, in my opinion). I'm expecting its Mega form to have a more variety of fruits grown onto its body instead of just bananas. Its name is based off of the word "tropical," so maybe it could have tropical fruits, such as avocados, coconuts, pineapples, mangoes, papayas, and so on.

I think it would be quite awesome if they had given a Mega form to Eevee, too. Eevee has an evolution based on all available evolutionary methods, and a MegaEvolution would be the icing on the cake, so to speak. d:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I really like the idea of Mega Evolutions, something new to the games. I really would like to try out the "Mega-Evolution" sadly I won't be able to. So far, none of the Pokemon I use have a "confirmed" Mega-Evolution, so in a way for me its very saddening and disappointing (GF can't make everyone happy at the same time).

Back