• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] How do you keep yourself roleplaying?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Inspired by the last few threads in the section, and totally not at all trying to fish for some encouragement, I present to you the latest RP Talk Thread... about how you kept roleplaying in dire times!

Well, let's break it down first. What do I mean by that? I'd like to use this thread to share each other's experiences with writing and roleplaying even when time, willpower, or plain luck seemed to not be on our side. Did you end up with a difficult schedule that made it harder to keep writing? Did you incur in writer's block / burnout and still managed to get through it? Let's talk about it, spread some encouragement around, and share some tips and strategies on how to better deal with these situations! I'll already put my hands forward and say, I don't have many... so I'm interested to see what's going to be in the replies ♥

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I mean... I love it. That's how.

RPing isn't just work for me or something, it's something I do to forget about my troubles. I get to explore amazing worlds and stories with my friends. There's not much better kind of escapism than that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yeah rp is work, but it's work that i enjoy and feel fulfilled by. it's fun! exciting! leads me down paths i wouldn't have thought of myself! creates and strengthens friendships! all that good stuff!

quite honestly i am like... always thinking about ny characters lmao. when i was at work i was sketching, writing notes as i thought of things, planning chapters, etc the whole time? if im excited for it's always there. it's not hard for me to write or move forward because i'm almost never stuck because im always thinking about it.

admittedly, things have slowed down. i struggle to keep my focus when i have four other people in my house constantly making noise or being in the same space as i am, and that kills the quality of my writing imo. getting sick and not being able to sit at my computer also didn't help; trying to jump between documents and sheets and skim things efficiently on a phone screen is really hard. but making sure i am chipping away at what i want to do helps. i have several goals each week for rp stuff and i pretty consistently check them off! and checking in with my cast once a week and trying to keep talking about the rp keeps it fresh in minds and makes everyone ramp up their excitement for whatever comes next :)

Back