• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you know? Game

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2018
    Heh heh, I suppose you guys could just skip mine if you want and put a new statement. I don't want to be responsable for killing a thread >.> But, still, I won't give the answer in case anyone still wants to try it.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^wait! I don't go to the GEN4 battle frontier much, but doesn't your BP amount increase after every time you win? So it wouldn't be a constant 5 BP???

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2018
    I don't think so, I've personally always gotten 5 BP from winning the Battle Factory at level 50, but I've never made it to the Frontier Brain, so maybe O_o Anyways, not the answer I was looking for, and again, I don't mind if you just skip my question.

EDIT: If you want a hint that's fine too, I guess.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Don't want this thread to die, so I'll create a new question to keep things moving...

Dang, my Hippowdon is awesome. I sent it into battle against Zangoose, and its Earthquake attack, would have killed Zangoose, if it didn't have a Focus Sash. So unfortunately, I couldn't defeat it until the next turn.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    It could've been defeated if it was poisoned

This is just great, I chose Charmander on my FireRed and I didn't teach him metal claw. I just waisted my only chance to score an super effective hit on Brock's pokemon.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    It could've been defeated if it was poisoned

This is just great, I chose Charmander on my FireRed and I didn't teach him metal claw. I just waisted my only chance to score an super effective hit on Brock's pokemon.

It would have fainted because of the sandstorm Hippowdon created through Sand Stream. Zangoose is immune to poisoning because of its ability Immunity.

You could have caught a Mankey and taught it Low Kick on Route 22.

It is possible to catch Lv5 Linoone, Lv40 Poliwhirl and Lv7 Fearow on Route 22 in Pokemon HG/SS.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    @vaporeon7 - Yeah, that was the correct answer for the Hippowdon one - I wouldn't have to wait another turn because Sandstorm would finish Zangoose off.

A - Lv40 Poliwags can be found, but Poliwhirls can only be found up to Lv10.

Q - At 5pm yesterday I headed up Route 26 into the Pokemon League Gate. I stayed there for a while, considering if I should retake the Elite Four challenge (I've already beaten Red). Staying there was boring, as the only people around were a couple of police guards, so I decided to head out to Mr Silver, where I captured a Lv43 Larvitar.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Quite a hard one. The only think that I wasn't sure about up there was the Police Guards. I'm not sure there are any in Route 26.

I started my game in Pokémon Heart Gold and I have a level 10 Pikachu and a level 10 Poliwag.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^you can't get a Pikachu in HG unless you traded for it/pokewalker/e4 beaten.
    Come on you're a mod it should be harder

I think the answer to dia's is that Larvitar's can't be caught at Lv. 43, if not then I am just being a Gen2fag.

Anyway.

I was fishing yesterday on route 126, looking desperately for a wailmer when I managed to catch a clamperl, I finished the sidequest on the abandoned ship and recieved a deepseascale from Captain Stern in Slateport and proceeded to trade the clamperl with the deepseascale attached with my friend, and he traded it back to me. Now I have a really awesome Gorebyss.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Diablerie said:
    Q - [/B]At 5pm yesterday I headed up Route 26 into the Pokemon League Gate. I stayed there for a while, considering if I should retake the Elite Four challenge (I've already beaten Red). Staying there was boring, as the only people around were a couple of police guards, so I decided to head out to Mr Silver, where I captured a Lv43 Larvitar.

Nobody got it?

Ok, well I went there at 5pm... and Janine visits the Pokemon League Gate everyday between 4pm and 6pm - so the police officers wouldn't be the only people around. The Larvitar thing was just to throw people off track.

I was fishing yesterday on route 126, looking desperately for a wailmer when I managed to catch a clamperl, I finished the sidequest on the abandoned ship and recieved a deepseascale from Captain Stern in Slateport and proceeded to trade the clamperl with the deepseascale attached with my friend, and he traded it back to me. Now I have a really awesome Gorebyss.

Clamperl can only be captured while diving.

Q: Argh! My Lv28 Grovyle finally lost to a Torkoal. I've had him since Birch gave me that Lv5 Treecko, and I really thought he was unbeatable. He tried a Leaf Blade but it wasn't very effective. Torkoal replied with an Overheat which instantly defeated Grovyle. Groan. I have training to do.

Helvetica

Forgot Helvetica was a font
    Years
    Leaf blade's learned at lvl 29, ans the attack would do normal damage.

My Adamant Staraptor 's ominous wind is so powerful, even at 50 base. It knocked a Drifloon out at the same level as it. And people complain about it's special.

(No, the attack's strenght was referenced there, not stats. Also, Ominous Wind + Adament Staraptor= useless.)

Last edited:

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Misdreavus can't have 140 speed. You didn't say the stats of the Mismagius,you were still talking about Misdreavus.
    Sorry, i was slow.
    As it is Adamant,it couldn't have 50 base special attack. Am i right? O_o
    I was playing Emerald. I haven't found a Wailord at route 129. When will it appear?! I have battled trainers and my Stantler reached level 50. Woohoo! It had the moves: Calm Mind,Confuse Ray,Solarbeam and Thunderbolt. I'm going to take the battle frontier challenge. I won with my:
    Latios lv 50 @Sitrus Berry: Swift,Ice Beam,Dragon Claw,Psychic,Luster Purge
    Stantler lv 50 @Stardust: Calm Mind,Confuse Ray,Solarbeam,Thunderbolt
    Grumpig lv 50 @TM27: Splash
    then i went to have a rematch with Winona. She was tough,but i defeated her. Accidently my Latios had hit level 51. I can't use it in Battle Frontier again on "level 50" course....
    Then i went to route 117. I caught a Seviper,named it Sev and made it reach level 50. I finally have a Wailord! Bless Route 128!
    A hard one.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    wailord doesn't appear on route 128...

My team on emerald is really awesome, my favorite moves to use are luster purge and thunderbolt. They almost always OHKO the defending Pokemon. Emerald is kind of fun, but I wish I could leave my house so I could trade with someone or go to a nintendo event and recieve a deoxys, but I'm grounded for life ever since that little incident. I wish I could get a Latias, though, its would be my 8th dragon type so far, I consider my self a dragon tamer now. My dragons are Bagon Lv. 32,
    Shelgon Lv. 38. Salamence Lv. 54, Vibrava Lv. 40, Flygon Lv. 48, Kingdra Lv. 43, and Latios Lv. 58.

Andrut

Years
    wailord doesn't appear on route 128...
    Ding dong....WRONG! As there are no wailords on that route,i could still get it from a player called "Route 128". The name is too long,so that's the right answer.
    You had 6 dragons.
    Yay! This day, i finally found a Ledyba,Mareep,Stantler,Miltank,Teddiursa in Safari Zone. Yay! Then i went to Wally's house and received a Wailord! Yay!
    My new pokemon had the following moves,after i trained them:
    Lady Bug- Comet Punch. Yay!
    Sheepy- Thundershock. Yay!
    Deery- Calm Mind. Yay!
    Cow Cow-Milk Drink. Yay!
    Teddy- Faint attack. Yay!
    My new pokemon were so awesome! Yay! I caught a lot of pokes in Safari Zone this day! Yay!
    The "yays" are for disorientation. xD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Wow...gonna go for a long shot...erm
    Ledyba are caught around 35-37 in the safari zone so it won;t know comet punch.
    And the Wailord and Wally's house...

ghfhsfhsvhf my Torterra just learnt wood hammer at level 47

Leaf blade's learned at lvl 29, ans the attack would do normal damage.

I just wanted to say that it would be "Not very effective"

Grass attacks do Not very effective damage onto Fire types

Last edited:

Andrut

Years
    Wow...gonna go for a long shot...erm
    Ledyba are caught around 35-37 in the safari zone so it won;t know comet punch.
    And the Wailord and Wally's house...
    I could just use a heart scale,and like my sample above,Wally could be my friend that wanted to trade a Wailord with me. The wrong thing is, i haven't caught the pokemon. I just FOUND them.
    Umm...you didn't post anything. (?)
    Torterra doesn't learn Wood Hammer. You may only use a heart scale.
    Okay,an easy one because it's an edit.
    I found a wild Groundon in Terra Cave.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    xoax, you were wrong the 7 Pokemon I listed were Dragons.

so I'll post it again to keep the thread alive

My team on emerald is really awesome, my favorite moves to use are luster purge and thunderbolt. They almost always OHKO the defending Pokemon. Emerald is kind of fun, but I wish I could leave my house so I could trade with someone or go to a nintendo event and recieve a deoxys, but I'm grounded for life ever since that little incident. I wish I could get a Latias, though, its would be my 8th dragon type so far, I consider my self a dragon tamer now. My dragons are Bagon Lv. 32,
    Shelgon Lv. 38. Salamence Lv. 54, Vibrava Lv. 40, Flygon Lv. 48, Kingdra Lv. 43, and Latios Lv. 58

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    How does one obtain Kingdra without trading?

I've always hated the moves Flash, Cut and Rock Smash because I can't delete them till I get to the move remover. I have no idea why I taught my Zangoose Cut and Rock Smash, now I have to wait till Lilycove City to get rid of them.

Back