• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How do you organize your Pokes?

MsHailstorm

Smooth Criminal~
    Years
    With everything from regular Pokes, shinies, EV'ds, events, and legendaries, I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed on trying to find anything. @_@
    How do YOU keep your Pokes organized?

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    In my party is was low to high level(lowest first, highest last), and in the PC i sorted them based on type, while putting the legendaries together
    Edit:No boxes for competitive yet though

Last edited:

Slyfy

PC's Suicune
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    A box for each type, and a box for all of the "Ubers."

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Here's how my Platinum boxes are set up.

Box 1: "For trd." Was originally supposed to be a box holding the pokemon I was supposed to trade, but it is now full of random pokes.
    Box 2: "Random 1". Read the box name. Very random.
    Box 3: "Random 2". Same as above.
    Box 4: "Random 3". Same as above.
    Box 5: "Legends". Used to hold all my legendary pokemon, from Mew to Arceus.
    Box 6: "EVd OU". Held my EVd OU pokes for a while.
    Box 7: "EVd UU". Held my Ambipom and my Raikou for a while.
    Box 8: "EVd NU". Never held any pokes it was supposed to, since I don't have any EVd NUs.
    Box 9: "EVd NFE". Nothing.
    Box 10: "Latias :D". An entire box full of my favorite pokemon, Latias, forming a heart.
    Box 11: "Trade2SS". A bunch of pokemon holding items that i'm going to trade to SS as soon as possible, since i'm making SS my main game when I get it for... a LOT of reasons.
    Box 12: "TrdToSS2". Same as above. Continuing from the last box.
    Box 13-Box 16: Normal names. Just random pokes in these.
    Box 17: "Giveaway". This box held the shinies I gave away for free (well, almost, I took a few Explosion TMs for them since I have an european platinum, and i'll therefore get an european SoulSilver too) in the trade center a few weeks ago.
    Box 18: "Shinies". This box used to hold my shinies, but my shinies are getting sent to SS, so they're now in the "Trade2SS" box.

That's my box system for ya. Very messy, but I don't care. I find my pokes anyway. xD

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I just put each Pokemon in a box assigned to their type, and I have one box for all of the legendaries. I always keep my boxes nice and organized ;)

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    Erm, in Pearl they're just in numerical order.
    All of the Pokemon actually take up 17 boxes, so I only really have an extra box for like, random stuff.

In Platinum, they're just like scattered everywhere.

And since I plan on getting back into competitive battling in HGSS, when I'm done with SoulSilver I'll just reorganize them according to my Pokemon and the tiers and such.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I have a box for a specific type. :)

At times, I would have to make an extra because there are so much in that category. Yes. I'm talking about the Water-type Pokemons.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    Honestly, I just throw mine together however I please (: On all but one of my games, I have a set team of three or four pokemon, and the others remain forgotten and neglected in my PC box unoless I need them for an HM or something....

Years
    On my Diamond I have the first 16 boxes for various types (combined rock/ground/steel into one), the 17th box for unown and the 18th for special (special being anything legendary, shiney, trained or has a HM move). Platinum used and adapted system where I have two boxes for water type, one fresh water, one sea after my water box became overflowed in Diamond (I lost another box to make up for it, possibly Dragon, can't remember) and in exchange of the unown box I have a legendary box leaving the special box just for train, shiney and HMish.

Using the same system on HG as in plat.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I've always had all type boxes with one Legendary box.
    In my team is:
    1st:Pokemon currently training
    2nd:Lowest team poke. (Not including hm slaves)
    6th: Highest team poke. " "

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    My boxes are always so unorganized. I also work backwards.
    Box 18 - Legendaries
    Box 17 - Eevees, Eevee evolutions, Eevee eggs
    Box 16 - EVd (Hopefully i'll be filling it up soon.)
    Box 14 and 15 - Temp storage of the unwanted natured pokes if breeding for a certain nature/IV.
    Boxes 1-13 - Everything else. They fill up as I catch. I never organize these. Though about going by Natl. Dex but decided it was too much work.

reyzn

Years
    I tried to organize mine based on type, and I have a bunch of boxes NFT.. but now they're all just scattered.

Lua

dharma bum
    Years
    ooh i order them by pokedex order.

im a bit OCD with it, to be honest..
    and i have my shinies and events in a couple of seperate boxes, so there's easy access for drooling.

althouh i have a few rogue riolus scattered all over the place.. i swear they move about when im not looking ..>.>
    either that or years of solid pokemon playing has scrambled my brain just a little :D

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I organize mine in types Like Box 1 - Grass, Box 2 - Fire etc.
    And then have a few leftover Boxes for my Eggs and such ^^

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    I palpark too many darn Pokemon, ending up in different boxes. Feraligatr from Johto (Faraway Place), Grovyle from Hoenn, Suicune from Kanto...
    So they're scattered over. I catch most of 'em to kill some time since most people I battle can't get the time right.
    But yeah, finding the particular Pokemon I want is a 1/18 chance it's in that box, 1/50 chance it's the pokemon, and 1% chance I'm lucky >_>

Back